“Tuscan Comfort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Olympia, Washington
“Tuscan Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am considered an owner since I am a member of the Shell Vacation Club, but this was my first visit to Vino Bello. I was very impressed with the quality of the two bedroom unit we had and felt that it compared very favorably with those I've visited in Hawaii. We were made to feel very welcomed and comfortable, and the staff seemed eager to perform over and above what I would expect. For example, my key stopped working shortly after our arrival, so I went to the front desk, I was told that I could have called and a new key would have been delivered to my door. (We did have an instance where the concierge did come to our door with the delivery). We were given a lovely unit which was well furnished and extremely comfortable, with beautiful flowers and grapevines just outside our patio door. My favorite thing was the shower and the one thing I could criticize was that the rooms didn't get much natural light, and they were somewhat dark. Otherwise, top marks all around.

Room Tip: The Merlot Building is the newest building and farthest from the lobby, and it is probably the most...
1 Thank OlyCat
MeritageResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Olycat,

I would first like to thank you for being a Shell Vacations Owner and choosing the Vino Bello Resort as your Napa Destination. I am happy to hear the staff was eager to help and offered services above and beyond your expectations. Thank you for your positive feedback and we will hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

707-251-1909

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

When we arrived the check in was quick and the staff were friendly. We got to our room which was on the bottom floor. The "balcony" had a huge bush in front of it. We were disappointed with the room size and our room was by the entrance door so every time someone walked in you could hear the door slam shut. We requested a different room and the front desk wasn't very accommodating. She was just like oh well sorry, and that was it. We traveled 1300 miles to come to is resort so I pressed the subject of wanting a new room. They found a room on the 3rd floor and we were happy...until we came back to our room from being out all day and our room wasn't turned over. So my mom called the front desk and asked why our room wasn't turned over. The lady in front desk said there was cleaning fee.....$400 dollars a room you think that would be included...the front desk was very rude to my mother and hung up on her! So I called the front desk back to ask what was this cleaning fee was and to talk to a manager. Dean, the manager, apologized and paid the cleaning fees.
We were wanting to get facials and we called the spa several times to make reservations and no body called us back. The same thing happened when we wanted to reserve a sitting area in the pool.
Overall the resort is beautiful....BUT the service is the worst. Motel 6 service would be better! When you're paying 400 + a night there are certain expectations that come when paying that kind of money. We were VERY disappointed! We still have one more night here so we will see how the rest of our stay goes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sharla b
MeritageResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Sharla B.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I truly apologize for the service issues you experienced and I am addressing all of your concerns appropriately. I completely understand your frustrations with your room location after such long travels and the initial response you received is unacceptable. I am happy to hear we were able to find you a suitable location for the remainder of your stay. You should have definitely been informed of the cleaning fees upon arrival, and I am happy Dean made that right once you brought it to our attention. I would truly appreciate it if you would contact me directly so we can discuss your experience further.

Again, Sharla B., I thank you for your feedback and will look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Chico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a room at this hotel because a previous hotel that we rented was unacceptable. Vino Bello is a beautiful property with magnificent rooms. They charge a $20 resort fee that includes a bottle of wine, bottled water, and high speed Internet. They have several nice quality restaurants, several swimming pools and hot tubs, a spa, and a well-equipped gym.
Our room was a one bedroom suite with fully stocked kitchen, marble-topped cabinets, large bathroom with luxurious shower and whirlpool bath, two flat screen TVs with three Showtime channels, large sofa, and a fireplace. Each room had a large deck with chairs, tables, and lounges.

We liked it so much that we booked an extra night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Discusdoc
MeritageResort1, Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Discusdoc,

Thank you for choosing The Vino Bello Resort as your destination in the Napa Valley. I am elated to hear you enjoyed your stay and accomodations. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards here at the Vino Bello and your positive review validates all of our hard work.

Again, Discusdoc, thank you for staying with us and we’ll look forward to your return to The Vino Bello Resort in the near future.

Mill Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is well below expectations. The presentation online is completely different. Everything is outdated and worn. The beds/mattress are super soft. They also said on multiple phone calls to them that the two rooms didn't have doors between them that was a HUGE LIE. This is a big deal if you are traveling with elderly, disabled or children which I AM. Could have got the same price at Westin - SO DISAPPOINTED! I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! They also said that there would be black tea in the room but there was not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Molly S
Molly,

I would first like to thank you for choosing the Vino Bello resort when staying in the Napa Valley. What you experienced is very concerning to me and the misinformation you received is completely unacceptable. All of our two bedroom units do have foyers with connecting doors and this should have been appropriately communicated to you. Our mattresses have all been recently replaced and we maintain our guest rooms with excellence to keep them in perfect shape.

I am truly sorry for compromising your stay with us and would greatly appreciate you contacting me so I can get more information to address the issues you experienced. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can get this resolved.

Again, Molly, I truly apologize for compromising your experience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

eharrelson@themeritageresort.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were in Napa, one night for dinner and needed place to stay. Worked out well expect for phone ringing all the time. Time sell pitch goes on and on and on. Took the phone off the hook.
The place has a great lay out and was able to negotiate a good price. Things to be aware,
walls very thin so noise travels. Nice looking pool, with fie pit and outside cooking.
Not a bad place, but price point is a consideration. If you pay too much, not a lot of value

• 3 of 5 bubbles
MeritageResort1, Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing the Vino Bello Resort as your destination in the Napa Valley. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the property but disappointed with the experience you had with the phone calls you received. I sincerely apologize for your experience and I completely understand how this was frustrating for you. We are a resort meant for relaxation and for anything to come in the way of that, is unacceptable. I have already addressed it with the appropriate management to ensure no future guest has the same experience.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we'll look forward to your return to the Napa Valley for a markedly improved experience. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when you decide to return, or have any questions.

New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Lets get right to it - there are a couple of things you need to know about this property that are very sub-par.

#1 After your are given your room key the concierge is going to aggressively attempt to get you to attend a time share sales meeting. They expect that your time belongs to them and you will be pressed to give an explanation as to why they can't have a couple hours of your time. You will have to say no at least three times.

#2 They only clean your room every 4 days.

I can deal with not having the room cleaned, but the sales pitch was so slimy and aggressive that I immediately wished I had stayed somewhere else. These guys clearly have no regard for your time and purposefully try and make you feel uncomfortable so you will agree to go to the sales seminar. I can only imagine how aggressive they must be in the actual seminar. This is a policy they need to change immediately.

Aside from those two things, the property is really nice. There is a free shuttle that will take you into town and pick you up - The driver of the shuttle may be the nicest person I've ever met.
The coffee bar is nice and convenient and the bar/ restaurant / bowling alley is a lot of fun for all ages. The adult pool area is very well done and has a nice high end feel to it. There's a grocery store about 5 minutes (driving) away and the downtown area is just a few minutes beyond that.

3 Thank TheRedPin
MeritageResort1, Guest Relations Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
TheRedPin,

Thank you for choosing the Vino Bello Resort as your destination in the Napa Valley. I am happy to hear you enjoyed property and thank you for your kind comments. I am however concerned with the approach you received from the concierge, and sincerely apologize that this compromised your experience. I am addressing it appropriately to ensure no future guests encounter the same experience. I also apologize for the housekeeping services. Being a vacation ownership resort, it is the standard to have the room cleaned on the fourth day, and you should have definitely been notified of this prior to staying. I am following up with the management to ensure guests are appropriately informed about our services.

Again, TheRedPin, thank you for staying with us and please don’t hesitate to contact me directly when you decide to return to the Napa Valley so I can personally make sure your experience is exceptional.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I like staying at Vino Bello becuase its like staying at a condo. Its very nice. Beautiful large room with a living room and dinning room and large kitchen. The living room has a sofa bed so 4 people can stay in the one bedroom. It is a little bit out of the way but you definetely need to rent a car. But I have stayed there 2 times now and that does not bother me. Great place if you can get a good rate.

Room Tip: The resort is very big so its hard to say which side is better. I think the rooms are fine no matte...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MariaElena24,

Thank you for your positive review as well as choosing the Vino Bello Resort as your Napa Valley destination. I am happy to hear you keep returning and can guarantee you we will continue to deliver exceptional service and accomodations.

Again, MariaElena24, thank you for staying with us and we’ll look forward to your return for yet another memorable experience.