“Wish we had booked a longer stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Napa
New Westminster, Canada
“Wish we had booked a longer stay.”
Reviewed 5 February 2009

My wife and I enjoyed a four night stay at Vino Bello the last week of January first week of Feb 2009. The staff were excellent, friendly service and knowledgable of the area. The room was very clean and had everything you need to be comfortable. The fridge was stocked everyday with bottled water and cans of pop. A bottle of the local wine is a welcome gift. It was our first visit to California but I am sure it will not be our last. We would stay again at Vino Bello if in the area. The restaurant was great. I can't think of anything to complain about and we had read previous reviews which were somewhat negative. We have stayed in Sandals resorts and aside from not being all inclusive would be very comparable. The cave spa was a great experience as well.

Hope to see you again, thanks from north of the border.

• Liked — Clean, located next to spa and winery. Next to wine fields.
  • Disliked — There is some light industry located in the area. There is no traffic from it so was not a bother.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Once you have made it through a somewhat unique approach to the resort (through an industrial park), you arrive at a very nice hotel with fantastic rooms. The one bedroom condo we stayed at was so roomy and comfortable, we had friends over one day for lunch that we cooked in the fully equipped kitchen and served at the huge dining room table seating 6 very comfortably.

The living room has very comfortable couches where you can enjoy the fire place or the big flat-screen TV. The bedroom has a huge king size bed, with another good size flat-screen TV and a big tub directly adjacent to the bedroom between it and the bathroom.

Everything is still in like new condition and very tastefully decorated. In terms of amenities, we didn't use too much, but there are two pools on the property, a business center with internet access, another great fire place in the lobby that is fun to hang out at, and on and on.....

Overall, a great romantic getaway and yet can feel like home! We have been there twice and will go back again.

• Liked — The excellent rooms and how comfortable, big and well equipped they are.
  • Disliked — Location
aiken
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We visited family and the wineries in December and stayed at this location. It is not far from the wineries and the hotel can provide a wine tour map and some recommendations. I preferred staying here and away from the winery traffic so it was a very quiet setting. The service was excellent and the room was fully furnished with wine glasses and a complimentary bottle for tasting. It was nice to come back after a nice dinner and sit by the fireplace in the room to reflect on the day. The beds were very comfortable and other furniture went well with the decor. I would definetly stay here again. The staff was there to take care of any needs you may have.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 January 2009

My family and I went to Napa to spend some time together and got a pretty good deal at the Vino Bello. We liked the room, the view, and service overall was pretty nice. Upon arrival, they called to see if we found the room okay or if we needed anything else, I thought that was a nice touch. They had their own wine tasting in the afternoon and we liked the atmosphere and wine. We really liked our stay and would probably be back. True it isn't that close to the wineries but it made it easier for us when it was time to continue our journey. The only little problem that we had was the drain of the shower not working properly, but I guess it was partly my fault because I could've told them, I'm sure they'd have fixed it right away. Not that much of a problem since we only stayed for a couple of days.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I convinced my husband and Mother-in-law to have a Christmas vacation out of town. I had to really fight to get my husband to agree on a stay at a "resort". The price was good for three people to stay, it was afterall a two bedroom "suite". When we arrived the location was kinda yucky, not really in Napa. We were checked in and went to our room and it was fabulous, everything they said it would be...except it was only one bedroom. So we had to get another room. They said all the two bedroom suites were taken and convinced us that two adjoining rooms would be just as luxurious. (First of all we made that reservation like six weeks in advance AND called two weeks before to check on it. ) The room was ugly,(so ugly, fire that decorator) the furniture was terrible and uncomforable, and we got no compensation for the mess up. We were charged $15/day as a resort fee to replenish the sodas, coffee and water in our fridge, that never did happen. We had to call to get towels replaced, they took the dirty ones, but didn't think we needed more I guess. The food in the Siena was expensive and uninterresting. I guess my biggest complaint is that I went for luxury, at $274 + $15 wasteful resort fee for my room and feel like I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

• Liked — Trinitas wine is excellent, go taste it in the tasting room, not the hotel bar
  • Disliked — That room was so cold and unfriendly, ugly..no relaxation
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank reno_gypsy
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia, Usa
Reviewed 11 January 2009

My stay @ the Vino Bello was everything I needed it to be. I stayed for 4 days, immensely enjoyed the spa. Room service was excellent. Even though the weather was bitter cold, I had a relaxing & stress free rest.

I definitely will return again in warmer weather.

Have already recommended the Vino Bello to several friends.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank vikki8601
Granite Bay CA
Reviewed 10 January 2009

We have stayed at the Vino Bello 3 times now and have not had a single complaint. The staff is very pleasant and the room service is actually great tasting and fast compared to most resorts. We always get a 1 bedroom condo and it's perfect for small familys with children. We have twin 2 yr old boys and they get so excited everytime we go, they love running around the large rooms. We have stayed in many of the nicer resorts in Napa and found this resort to have the nicest rooms, nicest staff, and best room service. The resort itself is at the souther most tip of Napa so if your going to wine taste for the weekend and want to stay in the middle of all the vineyards and close to downtown its not that close(10 min to downtown) , but in my opinion its nice to stay in a quiet out of the way place after going up valley all day taking in the sights. If you wanna nice place, great rooms, great food, great staff,great pool area for kids all for a great price this is the place.

• Liked — The rooms
1 Thank michaeljsz