“An Absolute MUST stay when in Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Napa
NJ
“An Absolute MUST stay when in Napa”
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Everything was terrific from the moment we arrived through departure. The 2 bedbroom condo was much nicer than we anticipated - the website does not do justice. The condo was well appointed, nicely decorated in cool warm colors and all the amenities that you'll ever need. I especially loved the huge shower. I also enjoyed the spa - they were very accomodating by taking me for a massage at the last minute.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 March 2009

I didn't want to leave! My dream room had a full kitchen, fireplace, lanai, supercomfy bed, soaking jetted tub and a good sized shower... WOW, the room at Vino Bello had it all. I was impressed since the room was squeaky clean and the complimentary bottle of wine, water and pepsi in the fridge was a very nice touch.

The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Early check-in wasn't a problem so sitting around waiting for a room wasn't necessary.

The spa is located in caves. It was an interesting experience. I had the tension tamer and terra firma foot treatment. with David. Great way to refresh before hitting the wineries in the area.

Although we didn't use it
~ room service it was available from early breakfast to late night snacks
~ pool was heated

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Vino Bello and plan to stay there next time I'm in the area.

p.s. They also had a washer and dryer in the unit so I took advantage and washed everything before we headed out

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 March 2009

My wife and I visit Napa each year for her birthday and spend 4 or 5 days hiking, relaxing, dining out at the many great restaurants and visiting a winery or two. We always stay a couple of nights at our favorite resort in the world, The Carneros Inn and save it for the last two nights of our trip. If you've never stayed at The Carneros Inn, and want the ultimate relaxation and top-rated guest experience and can afford the over $350 per night price tag, then please skip past the Vino Bello Resort and head over on Hwy. 121 to The Carneros Inn. You won't be disappointed. My wife can usually only afford two nights at The Carneros Inn and always spend a couple of nights testing out other resorts.

For us, the experience at Vino Bello was just ok. Vino Bello gave us a room in their Chardonnay building which happens to be their Shell vacation ownership rooms. The toaster over was broken, their was a large stain on the carpet, most likely wine, and the toilet paper holder was broken. The couple next door to us on the 3rd floor had their TV on and we could hear every word of what they were watching. I had to turn our TV on to drown out the noise.

Another worry is that the ice machine is located on the first floor outside of the secure entrance. It is in a back service corridor which is a bit odd place to put it for your guests to find. Also, we don't have kids, however I would feel uneasy sending my child to get ice when you have to go outside of the hotel building and the door lock behind you. Also there was cigarette butts at the base of the ice machine which tells possibly the employees are using this area as a smoking lounge.

Be careful when asking the concierge in the main check-in building for a list of nearby restaurants, they don't have one, which is very odd, however they will start to recommend many in the Napa valley which they partner and use the list to sell you into joining them for a 90 minute presentation for selling their Shell Vacation Resort ownership to you.

All in all, we will continue to search for other resorts and always get that wonderful feeling when we head down the road to The Carneros Inn for a couple of incredible days and nights of bliss. Please check out their website if you don't believe me. www.thecarnerosinn.com. By the way, this year they added two Audi A8 cars to their cottage resort and they use them to shuttle their guests around the property. The only reason I used their Audi A8 service was due to the extreme rain that was falling throughout our stay.

Trust me, if you can afford the extra money then head down the road. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Sacramento
Reviewed 17 February 2009

My husband and I stayed 2 nights celebrating our anniversary. The room was gorgeous and the most spacious we have stayed in. We got a great deal, buy one night get the 2nd half off and so we booked the 1 bedroom suite. The staff was friendly and helpful. Never once were we approached about a time share. Although served 24 hours, the room service menu wasn't very appealing. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
san francisco
Reviewed 7 February 2009

I stayed in the one bedroom condo with my g/f for two night during the weekend of the Super Bowl. They have friendly staffs. The condo is super clean and the bathroom is huge. We enjoyed using the jetted tub inside the bdrm. Very cozy and relaxing. Not too far from the wineries. I would recommend this to friends and family.

• Liked — cleaniness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swat23
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2009

My wife and I enjoyed a four night stay at Vino Bello the last week of January first week of Feb 2009. The staff were excellent, friendly service and knowledgable of the area. The room was very clean and had everything you need to be comfortable. The fridge was stocked everyday with bottled water and cans of pop. A bottle of the local wine is a welcome gift. It was our first visit to California but I am sure it will not be our last. We would stay again at Vino Bello if in the area. The restaurant was great. I can't think of anything to complain about and we had read previous reviews which were somewhat negative. We have stayed in Sandals resorts and aside from not being all inclusive would be very comparable. The cave spa was a great experience as well.

Hope to see you again, thanks from north of the border.

• Liked — Clean, located next to spa and winery. Next to wine fields.
  • Disliked — There is some light industry located in the area. There is no traffic from it so was not a bother.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Once you have made it through a somewhat unique approach to the resort (through an industrial park), you arrive at a very nice hotel with fantastic rooms. The one bedroom condo we stayed at was so roomy and comfortable, we had friends over one day for lunch that we cooked in the fully equipped kitchen and served at the huge dining room table seating 6 very comfortably.

The living room has very comfortable couches where you can enjoy the fire place or the big flat-screen TV. The bedroom has a huge king size bed, with another good size flat-screen TV and a big tub directly adjacent to the bedroom between it and the bathroom.

Everything is still in like new condition and very tastefully decorated. In terms of amenities, we didn't use too much, but there are two pools on the property, a business center with internet access, another great fire place in the lobby that is fun to hang out at, and on and on.....

Overall, a great romantic getaway and yet can feel like home! We have been there twice and will go back again.

• Liked — The excellent rooms and how comfortable, big and well equipped they are.
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)