“Great getaway”
Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 27 January 2010

Our friends had previously stayed at this resort and highly recommended this place, so we decided to book our rooms here. We were very happy with our one bedroom condo. Everything is clean and even the top of the refrigerator was dustless! They pretty much got everything we needed for our stay there, from kitchen ware to laundry. We would definitely come back for our next Napa trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Vino Bello Resort

Reviewed 14 January 2010

We stayed at the Vino Bello but was able to use the amenities at the Meritage, so we got a very good deal on our room. I just loved the fact that a bottle of wine/water/soda came with the room. Just had a great weekend even though it was to cold to use their outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The studio room was nicely decorated, clean, and the kitchenette was very well set up. Will definitely go back again. The only drawback is that it is outside of Napa, but only 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2010

we travel alot and have seen some "black holes" but we hit a grand slam with Priceline when we chose a 4 star hotel and arrived at Vino Bella. hidden under a hill of grape vines and behind a commercial park is a wonderful resort with all the "plush" things that make the stay memorable. the staff was always eager to please and so friendly and at every turn there to help or guide you somewhere.
the signage needs some improvement but we would come back again and again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We came to the valley to house hunt and were very excited to run across the Vino Bello on line. It was amazingly refreshing after a long day of running around to be able to not only cook dinner in our room and watch free movies, eat popcorn in a living room that felt like home but we could even throw in a load of laundry, which anyone traveling with kids knows this is a godsend! It was quiet from other rooms and even road noise and our room backed the pool so the kids could play in the pool while we watch in sweatshirts. The staff were very helpful and even were able to accommodate everyone different taste by let the kids each pick out their own DVD (a slight break in the rule from one per room) which made everyone happy. I would recommend the 1-2 bedroom suites the couple extra bucks were worth everyone getting some privacy. My only compliant was the fireplace didn't work...that would have been nice.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This room was so beautiful. Full kitchen, marble countertops, fireplace, outstanding floors with accents in the stone tiles, wonderful decor, great bedding linens, private balcony, full size dining table and modern accent lighting. Very impressed and the entire room was perfectly clean. Great A/C and heating system and wonderful spa a few steps away.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I stayed here with a friend booking though hotels.com for $99/night. The hotel was a bit difficult to find, and it was confusing to have to check in at a separate building with a different name, especially at night when signs were not well lit. The room was very clean and well equipped. We only needed a place to sleep so the washer/dryer and kitchenette were extra perks. We had a lot of trouble getting the internet to work, and hotel staff didn't seem to know that their service provider had changed. (When accessing the wifi to which they directed us a screen appeared saying it had been taken over by AT&T). After having someone sent to our room to help we had to settle for a dial-up speed ethernet connection. We made use of the heated pool and jacuzzi outside, which was great, but we were glad we brought towels from the room because there were none out there despite signage stating that there would be. We left quickly in the morning to head to a vineyard in Sonoma before driving back to the SFO airport, and I left a $150 freshly dry-cleaned wool coat in the closet. I realized this at the airport at 5 pm and called the hotel. I was directed to the lost and found where I could only leave a message. I didn't get a call back so I tried again later that evening. After finally contacting a live person I explained my problem and was told I would get a call back. When they called back I was told that there was nothing found in the room. The man I spoke to acted like I was accusing him personally of stealing it and was very defensive. He seemed eager to get rid of me and tried to make me feel stupid for expecting to talk to anyone about this on a Saturday evening. Aren't weekends the busiest time for hotels? I tried calling again the following Monday when I could speak to the Executive Housekeeper. He said he would try to check the room again and get back to me. He never called. I think somebody there has a new coat.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank SerafinaEugene
mpalmer53, Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

We value our guests experiences and benefit from both positive and constructive feedback. Lost and found issues are an important post stay responsibility of ours and we do everything possible to insure that Lost and Found items are recovered and returned promptly.

Reviewed 1 January 2010

My boyfriend and I loved Vino Bello! We stayed here for our sight-seeing tour of Napa and Sonoma, and it was ideally located for both.

The hotel cost us $99/night off of Expedia, and it was a steal. Our room was gorgeous. It had a view overlooking the Meritage, a complimentary bottle of wine (it was a really great bottle of rose), complimentary water and soft drinks, a huge bed, and a huge soaking tub. Room service was reasonably priced, and because it always came quickly or at the time requested, we ordered quite frequently. They always did things that were considerate - For example, if you ordered one orange juice, they would bring two just in case.

If the room had cost us $250/night, we still would have felt like we had a great deal. The concierge was very friendly and so were the folks at the front desk, wine tasting room, and spa. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple