“Dean is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Dean is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have toured countless wineries in BC and Napa and can honestly say that the wine education and tasting with Dean was the best! Dean guides you through the tasting in a comfortable manner without pre tense. He makes the whole experience what it should be - Enjoyable!

Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“cambium baby”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

came here last week with few friends. I've always had sequoia grove reds in the past, usually $50 bottle or less, good price point in my opinion for a above average wine. The winery was ok, nothing impressive for Napa, but the service was awesome. I had the vintage flight and was served the cambium as our last tasting, which is their flag ship wine. It was priced around $130 with very complex flavor, I was more impressed by their products than their property. Come for the wine but not for the tasting experience.....

Visited July 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“SO much Fun”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our first stop of many wine tasting rooms. Christi led us with her knowledge and gentle persuading for my husband to try whites. She turned us on to many varietals. Her enthusiasm for the job was infectious. The tasting room was very tasteful and welcoming.

2 Thank 617travelers
Las Vegas, Nevada
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 420 helpful votes
“Nice Wines, Lovely Tasting Room”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a friendly tasting experience! I have been going to Sequoia Grove for years and after a brief hiatus decided to stop by and give them another go on my visit to Napa Valley last week. I'm so glad I did! We were the first people of the day in the tasting room so we were given a super friendly and warm welcome. No appointment is needed here. We opted to share a reserve tasting (with a pretty hefty tasting fee, $40 per person). I figure why waste my time on the 'everyday' wines you can pretty much buy at any wine shop across America; pour me the "good stuff."

The wines here were all solid and pretty decent. I still found the wines to be overpriced for what they were but that's just the new trend in Napa: every winery wants to charge $75 and up for a bottle of wine. It's unnecessary and makes the wineries look like they value a quick buck over winning new loyal fans and wine drinkers. That being said, I ended up taking home two $75 bottles (d'oh!) of their special reserve Cabernet. It's tasty and I think will age fairly well. While nothing on the tasting menu said that the tasting fee was waived with a purchase, the friendly lady assisting us made a comment to the guy who came in a bit later that he wouldn't have to pay the tasting fee if he "bought a couple of bottles." So we also bought "a couple of bottles" and didn't have to pay the tasting fee. They pushed the wine club but not too hard, which I appreciated. Nobody likes getting the hard sell when they are on vacation.

I was happy with the personalized service we received and the staff was very friendly but they did make a few offhanded comments about a "big party of 10" that was scheduled for later in the day, complete with an eye roll and a sigh. While we were just a party of two, it made me feel kind of awkward.

Take a few minutes before you leave and ask if you can walk around the outdoor space out back. It's quite lovely. Get to the winery early and you'll be the only ones there. Don't fight crowds, get out of bed! It's never too early to drink wine in Napa Valley!

1 Thank moviegal226
Falmouth, Massachusetts
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Wonderful wines and beautiful grove in which to enjoy it!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful grove of sequoia trees that you can see a mile or so away on the highway. The winery is tucked in the small grove, and has some very good reds (did not ask about any whites..you're on your own there!) there is a nice picnic area in the grove if you want to enjoy a snack or lunch with your wine.

Visited May 2014