“Worst costumer service...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pleasure Cove Resort at Lake Berryessa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napa
Pleasure Cove Resort at Lake Berryessa
San Francisco
“Worst costumer service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here this last weekend and could not believe the nerve of the employees who work at the front gate. We payed a 2 night minimum although we only stayed Saturday night.

When first arriving, I felt like i was being interrogated at the front gate and was given a guest pass to drop off my belongings. There are only 2 cars allowed per site so had to park off site after dropping off everything which is quite a walk. Checkout is 12 on Sunday, we we proceeded take our belonging to our cars parked outside the gate and planned to return to boat for the day. Upon coming back through the gate, we were informed we have to pay extra for coming in since we have 2 dogs with us ($10). We explained we had were camping and just taking out stuff out. None the less, the woman at the gate was very rude and would not budge. Therefore, we decided to leave all together... And not to mention, even before we attempted to walk in, the woman was yelling at us that our driver could park where we were being dropped off!

Needless to say, we will not be going back to stay again! Taking aside the horrible customer service, the campsite is nothing to speak of with minimal campsite space. The bathrooms are also very far from most campsites.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
12 Thank TahoeSF

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed at the "lakeside" cabins and since we have been going to Spanish Flats for years we assumed the water would be easily accessible. The cabins are up on a hill and it is semi difficult to get to. But once in the water, we ejoyed swimmiing. The cabins are very clean and the bed I slept in was ultra comfortable. Love the sheets and towels. I think it is a little over priced at 186. a night including taxes and all. But all in all it was a beautiful family vaca. The only reason I wouldn't go back is because the lake is our main priority and these cabins are just not close enough for us and the kids to get to it.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tina e
Davis, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Let me warn all of you first. NEVER GO TO PLEASURE COVE IF YOU CAN AVOID IT! My girlfriend first called to make a reservation and asked how much it would cost and how many campsites we would need for 10 people. They said that it would be a total of $126 for 2 nights and we needed two camp sites because each campsite was for 8 people. Not too bad in terms of price. They also said that they would not charge her credit card until after we checked in. Two days before we arrived they had already charged her account. Then once we arrived they didn't allow one of our cars to check in because they needed a 21 year old to check in. This was never mentioned to us on the phone. Then once I arrived to check us in, I was told that we woud be charged an extra $50 because each camp ground was only supposed to have 2 people in it, not the 8 that we were told on the phone. They were also quite rude when we told them that we were told none of us on the phone and essentially dismissed out issues and said that they would "look into it." While the campgrounds themselves were fine, the management and service was unbearably terrible. I will never set foot there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
18 Thank swwsiam

Travellers are raving about these Napa hotels

Mountain View, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

I have been camping at a lot of different spots and this one was the worst ever. The rules were never inforced it was loud at night and people stayed up all night. They messed up my reservations and put me in the middle of the camp sites, but when I first made the reservations I was told I got the sites closer to the water. The shore smelled nasty the lake water was really muddy and there was no real beach for the water.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
11 Thank bdbd650
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed in a RV spot thank goodness since the rest of the place doesn't look
very appealing. The the bathrooms were very dirty and it looks like they don't get clean daily. The people working the front gate are unfriendly and unwelcoming. Dog poop everywhere. Don'tstay in a place were you aren't welcomed and it's beyond gross....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
11 Thank smaken
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

I came with a group of friends, and we all ranged from 20-30's and were looking to have a nice relaxing trip and maybe drink alittle. I hesitate to even call this place a campsite..the sites are glorified picnic areas. Im used to camping in the tahoe/shasta area where you actually have privacy, here the sites are stacked one on top of another. And at night everywhere plays loud music and drinks alot, which, for my party, really wasnt a problem at all considering our age range.
One of the benefits of our site is that it was a little off to the side and there was a trail that lead up to the water. Unfortunately this water was in no way swimmable, it was surrounded by dead fish floating in the water and about 50 yeards up was the docking station for the boats so the water was filled with gas and oil.

I would NOT come back and regret paying money to stay here, but hey if you like tiny "camp"grounds no privacy at all and rude neighbors who stare at you as you drive into camp, be my guest.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
10 Thank FLEYVA_FLEYV
fremont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

It does not matter where you go or what you do you can always find something to complain about. With that being said maybe camping is not for you. Remember it is (camping). Pleasure Cove is a older camping ground. So the camp grounds refelect it's age. Our site was as clean as a camp site can be. In reading some of the comments I could not help but notice the negitive comments regarding the staff. Keep in mind they are security and not the Cities police officers. It is to bad some campers can act foolish and runin things for others. We have been to many camp grounds over the years and you can find foolish campers any place you go.

On a postive note I have to say we had a great site and we had even a better time. Camping is something we as a family enjoy doing at least once or twice a year. The staff was very helpful. When a I called to make our reservations. I explained what we were looking for. She gave us a great site and took the time to explain what the surrounding area looked like. Yes, we will be returning!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank quincy2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#4 of 30 in Napa
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn

Been to Pleasure Cove Resort at Lake Berryessa? Share your experiences!