“ridiculous”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napa
Pleasure Cove Resort at Lake Berryessa
Reviewed 14 June 2010

worst employees i have ever encountered over charged for boat rental they do not answer phones or return messages.dor poo everywhere no rule enforcement i would never ever go back again low life losers run this place bunch of stupid hill billies

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank jjpraider

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Reluctant to go there based on the reviews on this site. But they were the host location for a fishing tournament se we took a chance. So glad we did. We just needed a camp site for a nite and power to charge our boat batteries after fishing all day. They only have power in "RV Sites" so we took one. Not optimistic about campint at an RV site but again very welcome surprise. Site had Dumpster at the end of the group of sites for your convenience, water and power on each site. There were two picnic tables a fire pit and a BBQ in each site. Room for the boat and truck as well as a 4 man tent and misc junk we had. Unfortunately the power source for the site is an "RV Plug" (diffreent than a standard 110 v plug. There were 160+ teams in the tournament and I beleive ebery cabin was rented as well as all the RV sites and the some camp sites. We took a chance and walked to the store and the nice, very informed, woman at the store said she would get us an adapter so we could plug in the boat. "just do me a favor and bring it back" is all she asked, no deposit, nothing. Good old fashion service like things used to be. I was prepared to pay whatever they wanted to buy one. While we waited she informed us about the closing of the other resorts and the progress / plans going forward. When we returned the adapter the next morning the guy said Thanks for returning it, some people "forget".

The only complaint I heard was that they do not sell beer at the store (waiting for licence). And the the launch fees were kind of steep.They could use more parking slips with 110V on them but overall everything was great, better than expected. Our cost for the site was discounted due to the tournament association but $27 for the site and $5 to launch the boat (we launched Friday and Sat with no extra charge).

I highly recvommend the resort and urge you to meet the people that run it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank daveluhrs
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My husband and two small children are frequent visitors to Lake B, typically going to the other two remaining resorts (as of this time). We camped at Pleasure Cove two nights in June 2009. We stayed in the "RV" sites, which is towards the launch area. Two spots on our one side were occuped with two nice families, but the other sites had folks that partied, smoked, were extremely loud until 3AM, and urinated in the bushes. When I brought this up to the on-duty Spvr, who was working at the front gate -- she and her coworker just gave me blank stares and told they couldn't do anything to alleviate my concerns, and that I my only recourse was to call the Sheriff Department myself and log complaint (even though the resort had "security" people around). In fact, during my discussion with the Spvr at the front gate, the two nice families who were camping next to use were checking out a day early because they couldn't take it another day and they were able to validated the concerns I was raising. But all of this was to no avail. Please -- if you are a nice family with small children, do not stay here. It is dirty, chaotic, crowded and noisy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
8  Thank CoolOutdoorMom
Reviewed 25 August 2009

This campground was so crowded and loud. The young people next to us were so loud until 3am. The campsite looks like a Target parking lot. You have to book two nights which we did. Saturday and Sunday night. Sunday was completely empty and because of the dirty lake and far away restrooms we decided to leave. The road is so close to your tent that I felt unsafe for the kids to play around there. What a waste of money. We went with another family and felt bad that I had suggested this place. How I wish I would have read these reviews before calling to make reservations.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank GGinMtzCa
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I have been camping at Pleasure Cove since it was called Wragg Canyon Resort. (since 1961) My family had a spot there for 46 years. I went back because I missed it so much and the place was destroyed. So many uninforced rules and it cost what I could have went to Hawaii on. The personel, and I use that word loosely, were the rudest erogant SOB's to walk the face of this earth. I don't think anyone knows what the heck camping is all about, and I felt like I was in prison once inside. You aren't allowed to leave unless you pay entrance fees again and we couldn't launch our boat. The campsites, which used to be a small area but clean and spacious, are now polluted and cramped. I assume that they put about a hundred campsites in a 1 acre area is to accomidate all the campers that can no longer camp in the other resorts. 5 other resorts that were set up to accomidate campers with showers, fire pits and a picnic table per campsite. This campsite at Pleasure cove had about 8 tables in one area for everyone to share and an outhouse for every 25 camps. Disgusting. Made me cry that the Board of Reclamation was given a great Lake to totally destroy. They didn't think anything thru and they have those backwoods hillbillies acting like they run the place. They were clueless and the worst feature of the horrible resort

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nonnadonnabme
Reviewed 20 April 2009

If you want to drink, party, and be loud until 4 or 5 in the morning, this is the place to go! Don't go if you actually want to camp. The sites are insanely small and unkept. The firerings are dangerous. The employees do not enforce quiet hours. There is dog poo all over the campground. They don't require you to pick up your pets. You need to clean up the poo before you event set up your tent in the smallest available space possible.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank orionsplace
Reviewed 24 May 2008

Nowhere near the lake, cramped campsites, beligerent capmers, no security, no oversight, minimal services and those are awful. Invited friends for a campout and have spent the past 6 months apologizing!!!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Ding