“Extremely Rude”
Review of Arbor Guest House

Arbor Guest House
Ranked #6 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I tried to book a stay for Memorial Day weekend with the Arbor Guest House and I decided to call the bed & breakfast to book my stay. I was planning on adding a massage to my stay which is the only reason why I called to book my reservation and did not book it online like I normally would have. The first time that I called, I spoke to a woman who informed me that a 3 night stay was required because of the holiday weekend. I thought this was odd since I had seen online that it was a 2 night minimum stay. I chose not to bring that to her attention as I wanted to verify what I had read online. Once I reviewed their website and noticed that I could actually book my 2 night stay, I decided to call back and ask why they had told me I could only book 3 nights. When I called back I spoke to a man who was very rude. He rudely and quickly told me it was a minimum of 3 nights stay and when I tried to bring the website to his attention he was insensitive and rude. He lacked customer service skills and I'm actually glad that I called to try to book my reservation. It gave me a good idea of how poorly I would have been treated if I stayed here.

5  Thank MelissE19
candan1436, Owner at Arbor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

It is truly not fair to write such a negative review over one phone call. You clearly were upset that you could not book a two night stay on Memorial Day weekend. Our policy is that all holiday weekends are a 3 night minimum just like many of the other Inns in the Napa Valley. I don’t think the 557 people who wrote reviews about us prior to you could all be wrong.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great old house in good location. Newly updated with excellent craftsmanship and amenities. Very good wine, cheese, etc. in the afternoon. A restaurant quality full breakfast in the morning really made this a great value. Can't say enough about the staff. We will be back.

Room Tip: Carriage house rooms are large and private.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I don't think we will ever want to stay in a hotel in Napa again! We were totally spoiled by our stay there at Arbor Guest House. The entire place was nice and clean and cozy. The property was meticulously kept and beautiful. The breakfast every day was fantastic! And the hor d'oeuvres they served with wine every evening were delicious! The owners were so friendly and helpful... they gave us the best recommendations on wineries to visit, which made our vacation in Napa the best to date. They really did go out of their way to make our stay and our vacation the best it could be. We will definitely stay there again!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Napa and stayed at the Arbor Guest House. I have to say that it was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. The house has tons of history and character and is completely updated from top to bottom. We stayed in the Garden Room, which was very romantic. The grounds of the property are gorgeous and it includes a bocce ball court which looks like tons of fun. The staff was great at making suggestions of things for us to do. The breakfast was great as well. I can not wait to go back to Napa and stay at the Arbor Guest House again!

Room Tip: Garden Room was great!
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It is obvious that Candy, Dan, & all the staff love what they do. The experience was so personal. We felt like family. It lacked nothing!
This was our first B&B stay so we didn't know what to expect. We stayed in the carriage house in the Arbor View Room. It was perfect! Private and secluded with our own patio, a fireplace, and whirlpool tub. The bed was very comfy and the pillows were perfect.
Candy helped us plan our day every morning during the delicious breakfast. She is very knowledgable and the entire staff is so helpful.
Hors d'oeurves and wine every evening in the living room was a great time to get ideas from the other guests about activities.
The house, rooms, and gardens are beautiful.
We will definitely return!
Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a wonderful time staying at the Arbor Guest House. It was our first time to Napa and the owners and their staff were quick to offer great suggestions for our daily excursions. If we wanted to visit any place that required reservations the staff was more than willing to call and make the arrangements for us. The house is very lovely, warm and inviting. The breakfasts were delicious and freshly-baked cookies greeted us whenever we returned from supper. I would highly recommend the Arbor Guest House for anyone visiting the Napa Valley.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great place to stay, quiet, clean, beautiful, and in a great area in Napa. The people that manage the B&B are great people but keep to themselves. There is also a great outdoor area! Loved my stay and would definitely go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but some are more expensive than others because of the various sizes.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family