All reviewsother guestswine tastingdowntown napagreat hostswithin walking distanceb bscrackersevery eveningeach morningfresh fruitopened the doorspent nightsfirst morningwinerieschurchillmansionwinery
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Not sure what great things I can say about this B&B that hasn't already been said, but just to reiterate some...it's a very convenient walking distance to downtown Napa. Ken was extremely knowledgable about the local restaurants and they were both full of very helpful advice (it was Susie's tip to drink a bottle of water per winery that helped me get through our wine tour feeling great)! The room was stocked with port wine, Ghirardelli chocolates, bottled water, corkscrew, and other little amenities that added a really special touch. Bed was super comfortable with really high thread count sheets. Susie's cooking is amazing! Her 3 course breakfast meals were better than some dinners I had at really expensive restaurants downtown. Plate of cookies at the end of the night was a really special treat too.

When I travel I never stay at the same place twice because I feel like there's always somewhere better to try out...but Cedar Gables is the exception! I will absolutely stay here for my next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank valyoung
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My husband and I were in Napa celebrating my birthday, and couldn't have found a better place to stay, nor better hosts! We felt like family from the time we walked into Ken and Susie's magical home. Susie is a pastry chef so there were delicious cookies waiting for us, plus a lovely display of teas and coffee. Our room was AMAZING! We had the top floor, quite a hike up, but well worth it! Our room had a hot tub for 2 which we took advantage of, champagne, port wine, and chocolates! Then there was the complimentary wine, cheese, fruit and snacks reception in their very own cozy tavern, where Ken played the guitar and sang. We loved visiting with some of their friends, as well as the other guests! And the BED...ahhh...best night's sleep I had had in a very long time! So comfortable and so inviting. And of course, Susie's breakfasts...oh my goodness...freshest fruits, home-made french toast and scones, Ken's home-made lattes...we felt like royalty! I just can't say enough good things about the Cedar Gables Inn. After staying at another Napa B&B the very next night, my husband and I were discussing what made the Cedar Gable so special, and we decided that while most are run as businesses, Ken and Susie are actually inviting you into their own home and it shows...all the extra personal touches are there! They went above and beyond our expectations, and we are very picky travelers! It's the warmth and attention to detail that this special couple offers that makes this such a wonderful place to stay. We can't wait to go back!! Oh, and if you need a personal driver to take you on a tour of the wineries, have Susie hook you up with her good friend, Monica. She and her husband Dave have great knowledge of the area and are just as kind and personable as Ken and Susie!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FairviewDancer
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My hubby and I spent a night here to get away for a day. The Inn is elegant, warm and inviting. Ken and Susie are the best hosts! The wine and cheese reception in the tavern (complete with acoustic guitar and singing by Ken) and the deliicious three course breakfast were wonderful. Wondering where to go for wine tasting or meals? Just ask them, they can recommend wonderful places. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Heather D
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Cedar Gables Inn was recommended to us by friends that have stayed there twice. We were so glad that we took their recommendation. This place is the ultimate in Bed and Breakfasts. Ken and Susie are the most gracious hosts and truly know how to make you feel like a King and Queen. We were greeted by them as we arrived and given a tour of the house and then escorted to our room. Chocolate cookies on the table for a snack all day long. Room was comfortable, clean and had all kinds of amenities. There is a happy hour every evening with wine, cheese and entertainment by Ken and whomever else might be talented enough to join in. The morning breakfast is top notch gourmet including french toast souffle and mexican egg casserole, with fresh fruit, juice, coffee and specialty coffees. Wouldn't ever think of staying anywhere else if we are in Napa again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ediebSyracuse
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Ken and Susie really know how to make the ultimate bed and breakfast experience. With so much to say I'm going to start with the service. My friend and I went out for a wonderful vacation in November. I highly recommend after the harvest as the vineyards have now turned into beautiful golden yellows and reds. It really was a spectacular sight driving out there.

As we arrived we were greeted by Susie and Ken with a tour of the beautiful home and then guided tour room where they explained everything to us. This room was so adorable and everything down to the last detail made you feel comfortable. From the Jacuzzi tub to the armoire and vanity with vintage hand mirror and hairbrush, this room was truly adorable. We also happen to have the room which had a secret stairway to it that led to the main entrance room of the house. We had a nice sitting area in our room in front of the fireplace where they had two glasses and after dinner cordials available for us . The beds were made as soon as we went to breakfast and the linens were turned over daily. We were More than happy with our room.

Now onto the service an additional details that will make you fall in love with the ultimate bed-and-breakfast experience. Daily Susie and her wonderful team prepare the most amazing breakfast we have ever had from scratch. From French toast soufflé to a Mexican-style soufflé with beautifully shaped fresh fruits on the side I could not believe how lovely the breakfast was She also Fires up her latte machine which is incredible at around 9 AM and serves the most incredible chocolate lattes. The kitchen is designed so you can see all of your food being made and it's actually quite a comfortable place together in the morning and meet with the other guests while your food is being prepared. I do need to mention that this is not only a bed and breakfast but also Susie does cooking classes at her bed-and-breakfast.

After breakfast Susie can help to make arrangements for a driver to bring a surrounds all the vineyards. They also supplied us with a lot of wonderful suggestions which I truly recommend you follow. After a wonderful day out at the vineyards we come back for the happy hour which they have every day from 530 to 7. This is when they have Ken playing on his guitar and different small local vineyards will come in to do wine tastings and Susie will have out beautiful light cheese and fruit platters. Every day this was our social hour and a half. It was really a chance to get to meet the other guests in the hotel and make friends that we actually still keep in touch with. Can had some of his friends come by and they gave us a beautiful acoustic concert as were all talking over fabulous wines. This was one of our favorite parts of staying at the cedar Gables inn.

After happy hour Susie and Ken were always so helpful in making arrangements for dinner reservations and they know many great restaurants as well as the management there so It was very helpful to have them make the reservations.

On our final day we were sad to leave. There were hugs from Susie hugs from ken and from other Guests we had met. It really is a great place to go with the fwith your husband,with your boyfriend, your wife, your girlfriend,or for a girls weekend like we did.

To sum up my review I would say from the location being just a few blocks from Main Street shopping and dining, to the wonderful hosts Susie and Ken, to the food and the property with its hidden stairways and wonderful breakfasts, this entire experience rates is a 10 and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012