“Stay here when you visit Napa”
Review of Cedar Gables Inn

Cedar Gables Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

You can stop researching places to stay while visiting Napa - just book here at Cedar Gables! The property itself is stunning - 19th century Tudor Mansion, and Ken and Susie (the owners) have restored/maintained it to it's greatest potential. The place was immaculate with outstanding attention to detail. Most importantly, Ken and Susie are the perfect "poster couple" for B&B proprietors. They are charming and hospitable in every positive sense. Susie's breakfasts are amazing, Ken is an accomplished musician who will entertain you during the late afternoon happy hour, and they are both just warm, friendly folk - people you are just glad to meet and spend time with while traveling.
My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in late May, 2013 in the Count Bonzi room- beautiful large perfectly appointed room (see photos on Cedar Gables website as they are true to actual) - would definitely return if we ever get back to Napa.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I both loved the Cedar Gables Inn. The property is an immaculately kept Tudor style late 1800’s Mansion with an interesting history which Ken was nice enough to share with me. I am a history fanatic so staying at this property was a real treat for me.

Susie makes the most wonderful breakfast to start your day off right and at night you can join Ken and some of your fellow guests with a glass of Napa Valley wine before heading out to dinner. Ken and Susie are both very knowledgeable about the area and were very helpful recommending restaurants and such.

We stayed in “Lady Margaret’s Room” which is spacious and beautifully decorated. Our visit was for 4 nights in May of 2013.

We highly recommend this B&B and plan on being repeat guest.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

With all the wonderful Trip Advisor reviews, I had very high expectations of Cedar Gables. Not only did Ken & Susie meet expectations, they exceeded them. The house is beautiful and welcoming. We stayed in Edward’s Study which is one of the smaller rooms, but it was plenty big. The beds were cozy & comfortable, and even with that many rooms in the house, it’s surprisingly quiet.

Now getting to the part that makes Cedar Gables truly memorable; Ken & Susie. What wonderful hosts!! My husband and I do not eat breakfast, but the magic that comes out each morning had us up early. Each evening the happy hour is also not to be missed and a great opportunity to try some wineries that Ken & Susie recommended. They went above and beyond the call of duty as we’d purchased too much wine to easily check on the plane. They helped us to get to Buffalo Shipping, and even called over there to make sure they were open on Memorial Day. It’s little things like this that really add to their outstanding and personable customer service. I can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We had a lovely time. Susie and Ken, propriators, were very welcoming. They seek out what the visitors would like and then try to meet and surpass the expectations. Not only is the breakfast superior to the usual B&B fare but the evening wine tasting at their bar area was delightful. The next day we went off to one of the wineries that they recommended to buy more Chardonay. Our room was delightful and more than we expected. Very clean environment. Very interesting historic site.

Room Tip: Our room, Churchill, was quiet and the bed was just right.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Susie and Ken made this weekend away better than even expected. They love their jobs and it shows. They were very friendly, clean, and really comfortable. The food was to die for. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. It was a delight. We had wine tasting there, then a cooking class which was so much fun. We will definitely return. This is a great find. Laurin

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurinH_13
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed at this B&B about 6 times over the last 8 years or so. I've made reviews here before, so I'll keep it short and sweet. The property is lovely; it's immaculate; the breakfasts are amazing; and you won't find another couple as endearing and welcoming as Ken and Susie. Ken often gets out the guitar and sings during the wine hour. They also often have nearby wineries come to share their wine on Friday nights. They go the extra mile to take care of you - offering a cooler to take for the day to keep picnic items cool, offer complimentary water and sodas all day long and there's always cookies available for a night time snack with your complimentary in room port. We recently had to stay elsewhere for a night because the Cedar Gables was full and realized what a true gem the Cedar Gables is as we did not get this wonderful package. You will not go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaSkis
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Not sure what great things I can say about this B&B that hasn't already been said, but just to reiterate some...it's a very convenient walking distance to downtown Napa. Ken was extremely knowledgable about the local restaurants and they were both full of very helpful advice (it was Susie's tip to drink a bottle of water per winery that helped me get through our wine tour feeling great)! The room was stocked with port wine, Ghirardelli chocolates, bottled water, corkscrew, and other little amenities that added a really special touch. Bed was super comfortable with really high thread count sheets. Susie's cooking is amazing! Her 3 course breakfast meals were better than some dinners I had at really expensive restaurants downtown. Plate of cookies at the end of the night was a really special treat too.

When I travel I never stay at the same place twice because I feel like there's always somewhere better to try out...but Cedar Gables is the exception! I will absolutely stay here for my next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends