“Great B&B”
Review of Cedar Gables Inn

Cedar Gables Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great B&B in Napa, wonderful hosts, Ken and Susie, very helpful in setting up activities for us in Napa. The rooms in the Inn are wonderful, and the 'tavern' for late afternoon wine is a great place to share experiences at the end of the day. Ken and Susie set us up with dinner reservations at some great restaurants, and arranged a balloon ride and winery tours. Susie's breakfasts are the best, period!!
We can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Staying at the Cedar Gables Inn with Susie and Ken was such a great way to experience Napa. The house is very interesting and everything is immaculate. Susie's breakfasts (and chocolate chip cookies) and the evenings in the Tavern with wine and cheese were fantastic and really added to the experience. It felt like staying with friends. We enjoyed staying near the town of Napa, as there were plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Parking is easy and we enjoyed meeting and conversing with the fellow guests. I would definitely recommend Cedar Gables Inn and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: The Lady Margaret room was large and spacious with a big bathroom. Some traffic noise from the stree...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Ken and Susie were not only the most gracious of hosts, but equally knowledgeable of the restaurants and wineries in the valley. The happy hours in their tavern offered great complimentary wine and cheese tastings. Ken would provided experienced insight on how and where to spend your vacation time, and frequently played guitar along with neighbors and other guests. Susie’s breakfasts were unbelievable! Delicious, and each was a work of culinary art. The rooms were beautifully appointed, spotless, and the entire inn was exceptionally well maintained. We look forward to our next visit at this outstanding B&B!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just left Cedar Gables yesterday and already miss it. The rooms are beautiful and Ken and Susie are fabulous hosts! We felt very welcome from the start. Susie's breakfasts are to die for and their evening happy hours are delightful. We met many interesting people and were able to get great advice from Ken and other visitors as to what vineries and restaurants to visit. We have already recommended it to others and plan on returning as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Only a bad rating for pool and fitness area because they didn't have one. I wouldn't let tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend are pretty well travelled but both agreed that this was by far the best B&B we have EVER stayed at.

The proprietors Susie and Ken are fantastic. They are so unbelievably friendly and helpful that you'll feel completely at home with them as soon as you walk through the door. I've never felt so well looked after and valued as a guest.

While a stay in Napa isn't the cheapest, given the rates charged around the local area, it was by far the best option in terms of value for money. Aside from the impeccable service, the place itself is stunning with its Elizabethan decor and completely unlike anywhere you would normally stay. There were so many great extras too including complimentary port and cookies, cheese and wine happy hour, a 'help yourself' soda fridge not to mention Susie's incredible breakfast- all of which is included in the price of your stay.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay at Cedar Gables Inn as much as we did, our only regret is not having spent more time there during our trip!

Abi (UK)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I usually prefer a larger hotel to a B&B because sometimes at a B&B I feel like my husband and I don't have enough privacy. Cedar Gables Inn has converted me to a B&B fan, if only a huge fan of this place!

We arrived after check-in hours (3-6 I believe) around 7:45pm but Ken was still kind enough to give us a complete tour of the property including the breakfast room, bar/sitting area, and outdoor space. While the daily rate is not cheap, they also don't nickel and dime you by charging for every small thing. There is a refrigerator full of beverages (including bottled water which is a must in sunny Napa when doing wine tasting) and there are fresh cookies out at all times (hard to resist!). Ken showed us to our room, Kathleen's chamber. The room had a sitting area and after you went down a few steps, there was a good sized bedroom with a queen bed and a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub/shower. The sitting area was good to have since the bedroom itself didn't have a ton of room to change in. I didn't even notice there was no TV in the room until my husband pointed it out as we were checking out. Who needs a TV when you're having so much fun? The room was incredibly private and I didn't hear a peep from the other guests.

We were able to walk to two fabulous dinners directly from the Inn and I also took a long run from the property through the beautiful countryside of rolling hills and vineyards.

The best part about staying here was the evening cocktail hour (with music by Ken!) and breakfasts. One morning my husband and I stayed well after breakfast had been served to chat with two other couples. Breakfast was AMAZING! Wow. Wish I could go back just for that.

The cost of this inn is a little higher than I usually like to spend but all the added bonuses make it worth every penny. I can't wait to go back, and I hope when I do I will have enough time to take one of the cooking classes!

Room Tip: Kathleen's Chamber is great for a couple who isn't going to spend a ton of time in the room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becknuts
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This bed and breakfast was delightful. The inn itself is lovingly restored, the bed and linens were very comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing and huge!! Ken and Susie went out of their way to make us feel welcome from their greeting to bringing us a cheese plate to enjoy when we opened a bottle of wine on the deck. The wine reception was enjoyable each night as well. It's always fun to meet other like-minded travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple