“Fantabulous”

Ranked #15 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Red Wing, Minnesota
“Fantabulous”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My sister and I stayed here while celebrating a "significant" birthday in Napa. This B&B totally "made" our Napa experience. Great atmosphere, woodwork, rooms, hosts, and the food--Oh, the food! Ken and Susie bumped us up to a larger room than the one we had reserved just because it was available. Thanks! We felt like ladies of the manor. Also, Ken's wine-tasting recommendations were spot on -- he pointed us to our favorite winery experience in Napa Valley. The Inn is within walking distance of downtown, and the parking is easy.We were looking for a place with character (but not Victorian as so many B&Bs are) and we loved this house!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

When I started to plan my getaway with my husband, I was a bit nervous because It was a birthday present that I wanted him to remember for the rest of his life. As soon as I arrived, Ken who is one of the owner's, opened the door with a huge smile on his face. I knew then It was going to be a memorable experience. We had dropped in at the moment when happy hour for them was ending. But Susie, who is the co-owner and Ken's wife, greeted us with a warm hello and welcome . She then proceeded to ask us if we would like a glass of wine or beer. I was hooked. I then looked back to see Ken picking up two guitars with my husband, as they jammed for an hour! I felt like I was at a good friends' party. My husband was ecstatic. There were warm fresh baked cookies waiting in the living room as you enter the house. The house itself has got such a charm with each room having a Victorian style. The place was spotless, clean and beautiful! My room was the Gables suite, with a very romantic setting. They even had port and chocolate on a stand waiting for us. Every morning we were greeted with a lovely smile from Susie. And their delicious coffee, is their own special blend. It was one of the best cups of coffee that I have ever had. When I sat at the breakfast table and was given Susie's homemade baked goods and breakfast, I was just shocked at how remarkable these dishes were. Overall, I can not find one wrong thing about this bed and breakfast! I actually left saying to them that this will be my home away from home when I come back to Napa Valley. Thank you Ken and Susie, for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at Cedar Gables Inn for BottleRock & it was the perfect location for ultimate concert enjoyment - we were within easy walking distance to downtown Napa as well as the concert fairgrounds. We also found ourselves within easy walking distance to the local Target - which came in extra handy, given we had not planned our weekend packing appropriately

Ours was 1 of their small lofts but given we knew we would be out & about from after breakfast until 11pm every night, we were not looking for anything majestic or spacious & our loft suited us very well.

FREE WiFi!!

Breakfasts each morning were over the top delish & there was so much food! Kept us well-satiated throughout the Festival days & given we found few veggie options at the fairgrounds, we were extra grateful for such a hearty & delightful breakfast!

And if that weren't enough, offered throughout the day are complimentary sodas, waters & teas. There is always a plate of cookies out in the lobby & wine + cheese happy hours in the evenings......wished we had had chance to take advantage of all these goodies!

We also learned from Susie that she has local chefs come in to teach cooking classes at their place & she had a lovely large kitchen as well as a huge BBQ setup on the back patio....would totally be worth checking out

Chatting w/ some breakfast neighbors, they were raving over tours that Susie & Ken had helped them setup as well as some winery recommendations. This place sure seems to be a full service location for relaxation & fun - worth checking out for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We had an outstanding stay with Susie and Ken at their B&B home. Each day begins with an exceptional breakfast and later includes a cheery happy hour in their luxurious bar area. The home is immaculately clean. Ken and Susie are warm, welcoming and helpful with tips on getting around Napa. Our bed was very comfortable, the sheets great and the towels and touches make you feel right at home. We will definitely return to this wonderful location and welcoming family. Thank you, Susie and Ken!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent a fair amount of time looking for a good place to stay in Napa. I booked this place based on the good reviews. It did not disappoint. Before we ever arrived, Susie, the proprietor, helped me plan my entire trip and booked all of my reservations. Once we arrived, Susie and Ken welcomed us very warmly. We stayed in the Churchill Chamber, which has a large king size bed and a bathroom with a jacuzzi. The room was very large and comfortable. My only small complaint about the entire stay is that it was hard to climb into the shower and the water pressure was so light that it took too long to fill the tub. We mostly just used the showers. The breakfasts each morning were enormous and delicious. Make sure you get there between 9 and 10 because it doesn't go all day. We found out that there was a music festival so we got tickets. Suzie provided us with sweatshirts and a picnic blanket. Who does that other than your mother? They have wine tastings at night. They'll give you detailed directions and recommendations. Honestly, you can't ask for a better host. And it's walking distance from lots of restaurants and all the downtown Napa activity.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I got married in Napa Valley in August 2013 and we chose to stay at Cedar Gables Inn for our wedding and honeymoon (2 weeks) after a wonderful experience the year prior (1 week). Ken & Susie were incredibly accommodating and gracious. Susie was so helpful and kind in receiving my wedding dress (we live in Hawaii and had a destination wedding in Napa) by mail prior to our arrival. She worked with the cleaners to have my dress picked up to get pressed and delivered back to her so that it was in perfect condition by the time we checked in. Ken & Susie also opened up an extra room for myself, my aunt, and my mom to get ready the day of my wedding (we had a hair & make up team come in as well as a professional photo shoot of us getting ready). They were so accommodating us & our family members...they went above and beyond and did not charge extra for their extra accommodations. Our family members who also booked rooms for our wedding loved it...others who didn't but visited us at Cedar Gables wished they did. Ken & Susie are such kind and generous people and you really feel it when you meet them. You can tell they love what they do and they go above and beyond for their guests...all with kind, loving hearts. This is all in addition to the awesome, one of a kind breakfasts that Susie makes (one of the reasons we returned) as well as their spacious, beautiful rooms. We will return to Cedar Gables Inn every time we visit Napa Valley (we have been to Napa 4 times so far...it's our favorite place), as we truly feel it is a home away from home...Ken & Susie are the best :) We will have wonderful memories of our wedding and honeymoon...and Ken & Susie are a huge part of it...we are so grateful :)

Room Tip: We love the suites...they are so spacious. Lady Margaret & Count Bonzi are great choices. We a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Wash state
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is what you might look for in a Bed and Breakfast, and this is what you get at Cedar Gables Inn...3 course breakfast unlike anything you would ever cook for yourself, served on china with silver teapots; exquisite bed linens; private room and bath filled with classy antique furniture; port and chocolates in your room at bedtime; a happy hour every evening hosted by the proprietors; operators who are also owners who live onsite and can be seen changing light bulbs at 11 p.m.--that's how much they care about the details; a 125 year old building that has been meticulously restored to the beauty of a former era, the convenience and safety of the current era; gracious hospitality from innkeepers who truly value and respect their clients; chocolate chip cookies in the entry, fruit and drinks in a "help yourself" pantry; convenient stroll to beautiful downtown Napa; secret stairways in a fascinating building! You will absolutely love staying here; I did.

Room Tip: The smallest room--Avon Loft--is a well equipped haven for a single traveler. You don't sacrific...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo