“Wonderful weekend”

Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and they made it very special. The staff was friendly and helpful and everything about the location was convenient. The only small recommendation I would advise against is the in room massage. The company that they use is not very good. Other than that, we would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romatic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Nice room, very accommodating, I was attending a conference in the area and had to leave early before regular breakfast. I let them know my schedule and they provided a breakfast early. My wife states the breakfasts were very good. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

so i used my card and go tthe resrervation. They left key onside box for nighttime checking in. After two nights and plenty of drinking, including the brandy in the room I got sick, prob. on the old brandy. I gave them my credit card before checking in and it is NOT my fault they wrote number down wrong AND DID NOT GET 3 digit CVC code, so card was denied. They called police weeks later and had freinds issue a warrant. Dont stay here if they make a mistake they will blame you and have you arrested.
I am considering civil action for false arrests and harrasment! First time ever heard of getting someone in trouble for their mistakes! THEy should charge the card before arrival and have one sign, instead of waiting weeks later. Beware of this place and dont drink Brandy it will make you sick, my stomach is still churning!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank travelreur
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I had an absolutely delightful stay in the Foxs Den at the Hennessey House. The room was delightful, there is an afternoon tea snack, then wine and cheese at 5p. Lori the inkeeper pays attention to the needs of her guests and prepares an awesome breakfast to get us going on our day of touring about town. Bonnie who is at the B and B in the afternoon is so much fun to talk to, so much knowledge. We had such a wonderful time, the house is in a really nice neighbourhood a few blocks from downtown Napa and if you do not feel like going out in the evening have something delivered to the room. We took the Platapus Wine Tour, they picked us up in the morning and dropped us back off, it was super convenient not to have to worry about the car. I highly recommend the Hennessey House for an absolute romantic stay in Napa

Room Tip: I would talk with Lori (owner) she is fantastic at helping to find just the right room that will fit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

An absolutely lovely bed and breakfast. Walking distance to town. The owner, Lorri, was very sweet and helpful. Their evening wine was delightful on their back patio, and breakfast was delicious. The house was charming and our room was perfect. I would strongly recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I had a marvelous stay. Luxurious Bridle Ste. in coach house, delicious breakfasts, yummy homemade cookies, complimentary wine pours, attentiveness to my dietary restrictions--can't praise Hennessey House enough. Bonnie, HH's concierge, deserves special mention for drawing on her extensive knowledge of the local wineries to steer us to tasting rooms best suited to our interests, as well as restaurant recommendations and all-around helpfulness. In an area with a mind-boggling array of wine-tasting options, it's easy to be overwhelmed. Bonnie helped us make the most of our time, and we were delighted by every winery we visited.

Room Tip: We stayed in the coach house's Bridle Ste, which was lovely and very quiet (on 2nd floor). The i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed for a night at this B&B. The house was beautiful, and the room and the house was clean. The breakfast was delicious as were the tea time treats. Bonnie was very helpful in planning our day. This place was wonderful but if they are going to have fish in the house, it could at least be centered in the office or parlor with fewer numbers so they are easier to keep! There are over 20 of them, and the bowls do not look clean. The fish are sick and inactive, with patches of discoloration.. There was a fish at each table during breakfast, and we kept poking at the bowl because we were convinced it was dead. We have fish tanks at home and their activity is not normal. It is a really sad thing to see!

Room Tip: We stayed in the dream sweet. It was nice and comfortable but felt cramped and the decor could be be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ProudMomof2602
hennesseyhouse, Owner at Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the house, breakfast and tea time treats, and service. Our betta fish are sadly getting old, so they are slowing down quite a lot. Our oldest betta is “Martini”, and we have some other guys nearly as old as he is.

Water for their bowls is changed on a regular schedule and the bettas are fed daily. Water spots on the inside of the bowls are a constant challenge, water marks persist even after water changes and cleaning.

Our oldest bettas are being transferred to our home, and they will continue to be cared for there. My wife loves to share information about the fish and we encourage our guests to ask if they have any questions about them.

Kevin