“Elegance and Charm”

Ranked #13 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
California
“Elegance and Charm”
Reviewed 1 January 2008

Our visit to the inn was during a rainy, cold weekend that was made perfect by the warmth of the inn and its charming hosts. No detail was missed by Roxann and Derek. The wines were superb, the food exceptional and room welcoming and elegant. We will return to experience La Belle Epoque during all seasons.

• Liked — The welcoming charm of the innkeepers.
  • Disliked — Nothing, everything was pleasing.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 December 2007

We went to La Belle Epoque based on reviews from this site, as well as others. We were not disappointed. Derek and Roxann are fabulous and are very knowlegable on many wineries, restaurants and more in the area. I wanted to visit small wineries to do research for my business and Derek turned us on to what is now my favorite wine, Fleury. We had the best experience here with the owner and wine maker. This is not to be missed!

The breakfast in the morning at LBE was outstanding and the wine reception at night was great and very informative. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We mentioned to Roxann that we needed to find a place to get bath salts so we could enjoy the two-person hot tub in our room, which we didn't get to. When we returned to our room that night and there were bath salts and a note from Derek and Roxann. Impressive!

If you want a personalized experience and knowlege of where to eat and drink while in the Napa Valley, I highly recommend La Belle Epoque. Thank you, Derek and Roxann!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 29 November 2007

Roxann & Derek truly have a remarkable piece of Napa history. La Belle Eopque provided an unbelievable experience for our weekend getaway. The rooms were clean, beautifully furnished, and were restored to their original Victorian beauty. Everything from breakfast to the evening reception in the wine cellar was fantastic. We will definitely be making a return to La Belle Epoque!

• Liked — The fantastic service and wonderful accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2007

My husband and I celebrated our 49th anniversary in Napa this year and we could not have found a more delightful, comfortable, enjoyable, friendlier, charming, beautiful (and I could go on)
B & B than La Belle Epoque. The innkeepers made every effort, from the minute you walked in the door, to make our stay one that we will remember forever. Our room and all it's appointments were perfect, breakfast was outstanding, but the icing on the cake was the evenings "wine tasting" and "hors d'oeuvres", where all the guests would gather, talk about their lives and day and you left with a sense of joy in meeting them. We could not have picked a better Inn and I have told my friends the same. Thank you Derek and Roxnne

Stayed October 2007
Glendale
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Wonderfully cozy, great breakfast and charming decor. A great place for a romantic couples get away. All our reservations from dinner to various wineries to a limo for wine tasting were all handled by our host. I highly recommend the stay.

• Liked — Privacy and cozy atmosphere
  • Disliked — Lack of internet access
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
san fernando valley
Reviewed 13 November 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at La Belle Epoque. The service was exceptional and room decór was delightful. We felt pampered with the personal touches, such as the his and hers bathrobes, Chandon champagne , chocolate truffles and the delicious breakfast that was brought to our room in a large basket!! This stay made our trip more special and relaxing! It's in a perfect location, close to downtown restaurants and shops.I look forward to returning next year.
M&E

• Liked — Details
  • Disliked — Just that you can hear footsteps above you at times
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2007

My friends and I stayed at La Belle Epoque and had a wonderful experience. The Inn Keepers, Roxann and Derek, are just as lovely as the B&B. The rooms are comfortable and very homey. The evening wine reception was fun and a good way to start our first nights stay. The breakfast was served in a beautiful dining area and was delicious. La Belle Epoque is located within walking distance to downtown Napa and we were able to walk to our dinners each evening. Derek was very helpful on the phone and was able to not only make suggestions of places to eat, but he also helped make reservations for us. I would stay at La Belle Epoque next time I'm in Napa and I would also suggest it to my friends. Give it a try!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends