“Great for price”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've stayed at the Napa Discovery Inn, Wine Valley Lodge, and the Chablis Inn and I would say even though the Chablis is further away from downtown it is my favorite. I mean if you're looking for a cheap option and nothing fancy you can't go wrong with either of these hotels, but there's something about the spaciousness of the rooms at the Chablis that I really like. First of all, the bed is very comfortable and huge. I've stayed at the Chablis twice, rooms 207 and 209, and slept like a baby both times. The rooms are large enough that even with a king sized bed you have room to move around and not feel claustrophobic. The rooms are clean and newly remodeled. Appliances: coffee maker, large tv, small fridge, microwave, good heater/ac. Nothing exciting, but it's great for the price. Very friendly staff and clean/comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer L

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Got to the hotel late at night, hard to see much outside to distinguish this property from others. Went bed quickly without looking around. So, limited impressions at first.

The next morning, coffee in hand, I began to take more notice. The room had been renovated recently (new carpet, paint, trim, counter, furniture, TV & service appliances, bath updated) Very comfortable. As I went outside, I noticed more about the grounds. New paint on the buildings, landscaping was very tidy. Everything was orderly and clean without being overdone (ala Disneyland).

This property gives the impression of an ownership that takes pride in their establishment both in the physical presentation and in the service of the staff. They have worked hard to make thoughtful choices and quality improvements. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank nada k
Reviewed 22 February 2014

After reading all the reviews I had second thoughts about staying here. We made the res, for Friday February 14, it was presidents weekend also. I thought the price was too high for this hotel, but better then others on that weekend.
My husband checked in, the girl at the front desk was very nice. Our room was on the first floor 106 or 107. Very clean, updated room.
What I didn't like was the price for that time frame, no extra lock on the door or peep hole. No darken curtain on the wooden blinds. If they put they security latch on the door and a curtain or drapes I would have felt better. It's close to Starbucks, trader joes, fresh market, target, u could walk to Starbucks but they others u need a car. I also didn't like that it had a 72 hrs cancel .
My guess would be from the reviews that not all rooms are updated, u may want to check your room , if you don't like it move to another room. I also think this may be in the valley .

Room Tip: We stayed in 106 or 107' it was clean and updated. Check out your room before you unload if you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette A
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Since Napa is very expensive it was nice to find something reasonable for the one night we were in town. My only real complaint was the fact that they don't have curtains on the windows only wood blinds. I'm the type of person that when I sleep I like to have the room completely dark and being on the ground floor there was a lot of light that came in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We called and made a reservation and mentioned that we had one small pet. Everything was grand (minus a non-refundable rate) until we checked in and the lady told us we couldn't stay with a pet. After discussing it is a very small dog, who will be in a cage if we are out of the room, they charged us $25/night pet fee. (In the past, the motel was pet friendly but they aren't anymore.)
After we got unpacked, we got a call telling us we couldn't stay with the dog. Then that we could stay one night but not both. After we diverted that disaster, we got scolded for taking the dog out to do her business. I'm not sure what the management is thinking, but this isn't the way to handle customers.
As far as the rooms go, there were no curtains so light streamed into the room all night, making me think I had overslept multiple times both nights we stayed. Also the bathroom lights weren't finished so I got to look at bare sheetrock every time I went into the bathroom. All of this combined with an overall mediocre motel pushed me to write a review.
I also just discovered a necklace of mine is missing and it was in my bathroom bag yesterday when we left the room for a wine tasting....
Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend anyone staying at this hotel and I wouldn't stay there again myself.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Lynda G
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Upon arrival our room was ready. We unloaded the car and headed out for the day. When we returned we got comfortable. The room was freshly painted the bed was comfortable and all seemed clean enough until I looked at the botton of my once clean feet. They were black as night, blacker than if I went barefoot for a day outside. The next morning I got sheets and covered the entire floor. When I went to turn on the heater it sounded funny so I removed the filters and they were completely clogged. Now the heater sounded fine. I put the filters outside the door. The next morning the owner saw them there and asked me if I put them there I said yes and told her they were so dirty the heater wouldn't work properly. She took them into the sun light saw how dirty they were and then put them back on the ground where I left them. (Gee it would have been nice if she washed them and brought them back) Then the morning of our departure at 11:09 a.m. the phone rang. They were inquiring why we were still in our room when check out was at 11:00. Are you kidding me? Never in my life have I gotten a call to vacate the room and it was only 9 minutes past check out. There was only one person cleaning rooms and she had many others to clean before she needed to clean ours. The word Inn conjures the thought of a nice place. This was Motel 6 with a different sign! I don't think Motel 6 would have kicked us out though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel is well located - very close to wineries, decent restaurants close by and with starbucks across the street. we traveled as a large family and booked multiple rooms - the front desk staff was very friendly and made our trip very comfortable. They even put a microwave in our queen room for warming up food for the kids. The rooms were very clean and well equipped with a wet bar, refridgerator and microwave

This is by no means a fancy wine country lodging but its perfect for a night crash.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family