“Cold showers and cluless front desk”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Encinitas, California
“Cold showers and cluless front desk”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before with no issues. This time we had cold water when we got up at 6am for meetings. Got no understanding from the front desk when asked about the water.
We also talked with multiple people at the front desk about an arriving package. They said it would be no problem for them to accept it even after we checked out. They refused the package even after taking down names and numbers to call when the package arrived. Pretty clueless.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sarasota
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were looking for a reasonable place to stay a night before checking into a rental home. Got 2 rooms here on second floor. Price was very reasonable and the room and bathrooms were clean and nice. Solano Rd is a busy, somewhat noisy street. The fan was helpful killing the car noise for sleeping. Location is convenient right off 29. I'd stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at the Chablis Inn recently. We looked on Trip Advisor for a place that was very reasonably priced for our stay. Frankly, we would rather spend our dollars on good wine and a great dinner than for a place where we just sleep and shower. The rooms are very clean, the water in the shower is hot and plentiful and the bed quite comfortable. What more could one want. There was a small refrigerator in the room which we appreciated as we're picnickers and need a place to story our snacks. The staff was helpful and the price was right!! We easily recommend the Chablis Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joangosewisch
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Not having much experience of US motels it is hard for me to benchmark. Chablis is certainly the best so far. It was a good location for us, near the highway but close to the town. The receptionist was smiley and helpful, with restaraunt suggestions, etc. The bed was really comfortable and the room was pristine clean, as was the bathroom.
It is not fancy but it was just right for our stop over in Napa

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fearlessbiker916
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've stayed at the Napa Discovery Inn, Wine Valley Lodge, and the Chablis Inn and I would say even though the Chablis is further away from downtown it is my favorite. I mean if you're looking for a cheap option and nothing fancy you can't go wrong with either of these hotels, but there's something about the spaciousness of the rooms at the Chablis that I really like. First of all, the bed is very comfortable and huge. I've stayed at the Chablis twice, rooms 207 and 209, and slept like a baby both times. The rooms are large enough that even with a king sized bed you have room to move around and not feel claustrophobic. The rooms are clean and newly remodeled. Appliances: coffee maker, large tv, small fridge, microwave, good heater/ac. Nothing exciting, but it's great for the price. Very friendly staff and clean/comfortable rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jennifer L
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Got to the hotel late at night, hard to see much outside to distinguish this property from others. Went bed quickly without looking around. So, limited impressions at first.

The next morning, coffee in hand, I began to take more notice. The room had been renovated recently (new carpet, paint, trim, counter, furniture, TV & service appliances, bath updated) Very comfortable. As I went outside, I noticed more about the grounds. New paint on the buildings, landscaping was very tidy. Everything was orderly and clean without being overdone (ala Disneyland).

This property gives the impression of an ownership that takes pride in their establishment both in the physical presentation and in the service of the staff. They have worked hard to make thoughtful choices and quality improvements. Great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nada k
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014

After reading all the reviews I had second thoughts about staying here. We made the res, for Friday February 14, it was presidents weekend also. I thought the price was too high for this hotel, but better then others on that weekend.
My husband checked in, the girl at the front desk was very nice. Our room was on the first floor 106 or 107. Very clean, updated room.
What I didn't like was the price for that time frame, no extra lock on the door or peep hole. No darken curtain on the wooden blinds. If they put they security latch on the door and a curtain or drapes I would have felt better. It's close to Starbucks, trader joes, fresh market, target, u could walk to Starbucks but they others u need a car. I also didn't like that it had a 72 hrs cancel .
My guess would be from the reviews that not all rooms are updated, u may want to check your room , if you don't like it move to another room. I also think this may be in the valley .

Room Tip: We stayed in 106 or 107' it was clean and updated. Check out your room before you unload if you...