“Friendly staff and a pleasant stay”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Very pet friendly with doggie plush on counter and dog calendar in the lobby. Larry was quite friendly and helpful at the desk; made checking in a pleasure. Complimentary computer with internet access in lobby allowed me to checkin for my flight (didn't want to lug the laptop for just one non-business night). There are train tracks which run direclty behind the hotel; fortunately while I was there, there weren't any horns blasting at 1am but that could pose a challenge. Can't say much for the mattress comfort but my back was okay the next day. Mini-Fridge and extra counter & sink were unexpected perks. Eat at Fume Bistro (a few blocks north on the other side of Hwy 29)-delicious!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Chablis Inn

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We picked this hotel since we needed to stay in Napa for one night (most have a 2 night requirement on weekends) and they accept pets - easier then shipping him to the kennel for the weekend. The property is very clean, the staff friendly. It was obviously a member of a motel chain recently. I will say the decor does not match the photo on their webpage. Our room was standard motel chain fake colonial with one wall painted blue. But is well maintained. Our room was under the stairwell, so dark (102). The walls are very thin and I think the windows are single pane since street noise and every sound of the room above can be heard. Add to that a malfunctioning air conditioning unit that made random boinging noises and it was not a restful night. On the other hand, it is a lot cheaper then some other properties in Napa.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkhart
Donna005, Manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I will have the air conditioner unit serviced, did'nt know there was a problem. Some of Our dog friendly rooms do not have the down comforters. Thank-you for commenting on the staff.
We try to make everyone comfortable.

Reviewed 2 May 2010

Stayed in room 114. Had people in room 214 above us walking around and the floor boards were extremely loose and noisy. Could hear every step they took. So book an upstairs room if you go.

1  Thank phathuy
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I make the trip to Napa every year and got tired of paying the fancy prices for a place to sleep. This quaint older motel was very very good value. Close to downtown, close to an excellent grocery store (across the street very gourmet) close to pizza and anything else you could want in Napa. Love the coffee pot and real cups in the room. Bed and pillows were very comfy. I reccomend this Chablis Inn for your next trip to Napa. Save some $ on your room and enjoy the wine and food of this great town.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Well when I booked the room, the pictures were all very nice and welcoming. When we get there, it was another story. The room didn't smell clean at all and I was about to bring in my blanket ( I bring a blanket from home) and my friend said NO, that we needed to check the room out first. At first I didn't know what she meant, but then it hit me. She wanted to make sure there were no bed bugs. To my surprise, we ended up finding some and we left.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank rcommittee
Donna005, manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

I pride my housekeeping staff on the cleanliness of this property. This guest was a gift to me. I was not aware of this problem. I have treated this room, the 2 rooms adjacent, and the 3 rooms above 4 times. This room was deep cleaned and inspected 2 times. I have also added protective sleeves to all of my beds. I welcome this guest to return for a complimentary visit anytime.

Reviewed 4 January 2010

Very good motel, with above average accommodations. Very clean and comfortable, with large rooms and a good bathroom. They have no breakfast, but there is a coffee machine on the room and a Starbucks at walking distance. Great value.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2009

After searching online for a good 15-20 minutes without finding anything, we stumbled on the Chablis Inn which took pets for a reasonable fee and had availability. The rate was good, check-in smooth (with a doggie treat bag) and while the exterior clearly says 'motel' the room surprised us. Good bed, linens and updated bathroom (although the walls of the bathroom in this particular room were ready for some fresh paint and minor touch-up). The room itself was clean, freshly painted and perfect for our needs. While I would not call it our new favorite, it certainly served the purpose and worked out very well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple