“relaxing”

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“relaxing”
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed at the Chablis Inn over the memorial day weekend, and it was just what we were looking for. Small, quiet, clean, rooms with comfy beds and a little kitchenette, also a pool, which was the perfect temperature and a hot tub, where we spent quite a bit of time having fun in the sun.
Also the location was great for us, we needed to visit a Target Store and there was one about 2 minutes away, so all in all we were very happy

1 Thank 9001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Had a great 3 days at the Chablis Inn in Napa:
-Friendly staff from check-in to check-out
-clean room with down comforters, nice little fridge, mini kitchenette
the bed was a bit bouncy but nice for a change... (I have the hard kind at home...)
-apparently very dog friendly even though we didn't have one
-nice clean pool and hot tub!! Jaaaaaa!
-Internet working super fast, even at the furthest away locations, able to stream netflix w/o hickups
-the best smelling face and body soaps (two different kinds that i both liked)
-Great price. If you are looking for a Luxury Motel, this is not for you but if you are trying to spend a few nights in a decent, clean Motel with your people, this is the place...

Matthias Mederer
San Francisco

1 Thank matthias9000
Southern California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Very pet friendly with doggie plush on counter and dog calendar in the lobby. Larry was quite friendly and helpful at the desk; made checking in a pleasure. Complimentary computer with internet access in lobby allowed me to checkin for my flight (didn't want to lug the laptop for just one non-business night). There are train tracks which run direclty behind the hotel; fortunately while I was there, there weren't any horns blasting at 1am but that could pose a challenge. Can't say much for the mattress comfort but my back was okay the next day. Mini-Fridge and extra counter & sink were unexpected perks. Eat at Fume Bistro (a few blocks north on the other side of Hwy 29)-delicious!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We picked this hotel since we needed to stay in Napa for one night (most have a 2 night requirement on weekends) and they accept pets - easier then shipping him to the kennel for the weekend. The property is very clean, the staff friendly. It was obviously a member of a motel chain recently. I will say the decor does not match the photo on their webpage. Our room was standard motel chain fake colonial with one wall painted blue. But is well maintained. Our room was under the stairwell, so dark (102). The walls are very thin and I think the windows are single pane since street noise and every sound of the room above can be heard. Add to that a malfunctioning air conditioning unit that made random boinging noises and it was not a restful night. On the other hand, it is a lot cheaper then some other properties in Napa.

1 Thank kkhart
Donna005, Manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this review, 5 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I will have the air conditioner unit serviced, did'nt know there was a problem. Some of Our dog friendly rooms do not have the down comforters. Thank-you for commenting on the staff.
We try to make everyone comfortable.
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Stayed in room 114. Had people in room 214 above us walking around and the floor boards were extremely loose and noisy. Could hear every step they took. So book an upstairs room if you go.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank phathuy
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I make the trip to Napa every year and got tired of paying the fancy prices for a place to sleep. This quaint older motel was very very good value. Close to downtown, close to an excellent grocery store (across the street very gourmet) close to pizza and anything else you could want in Napa. Love the coffee pot and real cups in the room. Bed and pillows were very comfy. I reccomend this Chablis Inn for your next trip to Napa. Save some $ on your room and enjoy the wine and food of this great town.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Moreno Valley
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Well when I booked the room, the pictures were all very nice and welcoming. When we get there, it was another story. The room didn't smell clean at all and I was about to bring in my blanket ( I bring a blanket from home) and my friend said NO, that we needed to check the room out first. At first I didn't know what she meant, but then it hit me. She wanted to make sure there were no bed bugs. To my surprise, we ended up finding some and we left.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank rcommittee
Donna005, manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2010
I pride my housekeeping staff on the cleanliness of this property. This guest was a gift to me. I was not aware of this problem. I have treated this room, the 2 rooms adjacent, and the 3 rooms above 4 times. This room was deep cleaned and inspected 2 times. I have also added protective sleeves to all of my beds. I welcome this guest to return for a complimentary visit anytime.

Travellers are raving about these Napa hotels