“We enjoyed our stay very much”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Santa Rosa, California
“We enjoyed our stay very much”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed one night (Christmas Eve night) at this hotel. We stayed here once before, several years ago, and I had been a little dissatisfied. However, we needed a suite and so I decided to book at this location again. I'm happy that I did so.

As I approached the front desk, the clerk greeted me cheerfully immediately. He looked up my reservation and informed me it was pre-paid. The room was on the third floor, overlooking the inner courtyard and pool area on one side, and the parking lot on the other. The room was very clean and fully stocked with coffee packets, tea, creamer, shower accessories, etc. It was also extremely quiet. During our one night stay, I never heard anything but very, very muted noise from other guests.

In the morning, we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast buffet in the atrium. The chef quickly prepared freshly scrambled eggs and sausages. The coffee was delicious.

I would recommend this hotel to others. Parking is easy and convenient, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was quite good.

(I would like to suggest that management might try to use local food producers as suppliers. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo not too long ago, and noticed that some of their food items are provided by the agricultural department at Cal Poly. It was great knowing our eggs and dairy products were locally produced and organic.)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Cruz, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nice hotel. Clean, comfortable and quiet. Walking distance to downtown. The staff was very friendly, especially the front desk clerk. We upgraded when we got in and received a complimentary bottle of wine. A nice way to start our Napa trip.The complimentary Happy Hour and Breakfast were a good value. Drinks were a generous pour, and happy hour snacks had a nice variety, something for everyone. The breakfast omelet was hot and delicious. A short 10 minute walk found us downtown amongst several wine tasting rooms. Naked Wines.com was our favorite. Unlimited tasting for $10. They feature independent small batch wineries. These wines cannot be found in stores. We found some really nice bottles of wine. All in all Embassy Suites satisfied all of our needs. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Southern Oregon Coast
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed on Christmas Eve and the location is right off the freeway. Beautiful grounds that are well cared for. The suites are roomy and comfortable, the lobby is attractive, and the breakfast area very nice. The breakfast was above average with good coffee. We didn't interact much with the staff, but they were pleasant. We would stay here again when not staying with family.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for an upgrade. Our room was not worth the extra $19.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
an Diego, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The rooms look like the are a converted apartment building from the 1950's. Front desk staff was efficient but not very friendly. The manager's reception was very nice however the breakfast selection was very disappointing although the breakfast cook was quite nice and personable

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank Mark E. W
KCM67, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our service staff and breakfast experience in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Keith Burhorn
Front Office Manager
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I chose this hotel for a business trip to Petaluma, CA. The commute was a really nice 30 minute drive which I didn't mind at all. The gentleman at the front desk was fantastic, I wish I could remember his name - he appeared to have Asian or Hawaiian heritage. If you read this and you are neither I'm sorry! :) He was so sweet and very accommodating. Cocktail hour was nice and the bartenders were super friendly. The grounds were beautiful, I especially loved the black swans! My room was fantastic, I loved being able to keep my "balcony" door open - even though it was in the 40's hotels are always too hot for me. Breakfast was better than good, omelet and pancake station were a plus. I was upgraded to the executive floor and was greeted with a bottle of wine in my room which was very nice. Room was very clean. I will be back!

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive with a bottle of wine!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Excellent and friendly customer service and outstanding facilities/amenities. Would love to come back here again The complimentary cocktails/wine and breakfast are very good in quality and taste The common areas bring a very warm environment, this is perfect for couples, family, friends or business travel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Woodland Hills, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Beautiful property and great service at front desk. Ive never been to Napa before and the informtion available was phenomenal. Really helped to see the sites! Breakfast was fresh and hot, good variety.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends