“For the price difficult to fault”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Melbourne
“For the price difficult to fault”
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Got a cheap deal through hotwire and were a bit unsure before we got there.

However once we arrived these our fears dissolved. We got a clean large room on the bottom floor. Smashed the free booze during happy hour after a day at the local wineries. Got a great sleep and woke up to a good breakfast that was fresh and plentiful.

Staff were friendly and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My mom and I stayed a second time with Embassy Suites on this trip to CA and this time it was in beautiful Napa Valley. I will just list the pros and cons as I did with Seaside. Pros: excellent location to HWY 29 which is the main road through Napa, the continental breakfast was laid out like that at Seaside, a little all over but there was better seating and people could maneuver better to different food/drink stations. The omelet was delectable; the courtyard is really a site to see. My mom was taken in by it and our room overlooked it. Again, the room was spacious and clean and had a refrigerator. The staff was very friendly.

Cons: the sofa was a rock! I really like relaxing and watching TV but I found it most undesirable and my mom was already in bed where the second TV was. The bathroom could use an extra hook for hanging a towel. No bellman EVER. Again, we are not in need of someone to drag our luggage to the room but opening a door would really be appreciated and is always a welcoming sign to guests staying at any hotel. I went back down to the desk at one point and found no one there so left after a while.

We did eat the first night at the hotel restaurant RINGS because of our semi late arrival. It was edible and the server quite nice, but I would not eat there again.

The trip was a late Mother’s Day present and she liked it so all in all I give this hotel a thumbs up because she was happy with it but I just can’t give it 5 star.

• Stayed June 2009
toronto
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I booked this hotel partly because of the great reviews on trip advisor. My husband and I stayed at the Embassy suites in may 2009 as part of our 3 day napa side trip. i was really dissapointed with the quality of this hotel. the rooms smelled like cigarettes. we asked to be moved to another room. the second room was equally smelly. the furnishings were outdated (with the exception of the tv- which was a flat screen). the bathrooms were clean. the suite also included a kitchenette which had a fridge (handy). but the sitting area was not the cleanest. also be prepared for the noise of the freeway. the "free" breakfast was okay. it was very crowded though and the omelettes were definitely not worth the wait. very cheap cafeteria style. if i were to go to napa again i think i would stay in st.helena which is closer to all the wineries and has a quaint vibe. the embassy suites was like staying at a motel off the freeway.

1 Thank ftoto
San Francisco
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I read the previous reviews on the this hotel and I was a little concerned. As soon as I walked it those concerns went away. The lobby was beautiful and the front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. We asked for a quite room and we were placed away from the freeway. The room was well decorated and clean.
As for the breakfast, I thought it was great. There were many items to choose from if you did not want pancakes or eggs. I don't understand the other reviews. If you don't want breakfast, don't eat it, it's free!

ny
Reviewed 20 May 2009

sprawling hotel with several interconnected wings. The suites are spacious and recently renovated. The atrium is dated, as are all the common areas.
Breakfast is not as good as in other Embassy Suites and the breakfast area was very crowded during my stay and it was difficult to find a table. Several breakfast items were missing and I was told that "maybe they will be available on another day"...
Happy hour drinks are the usual fare and the same crowding problem.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank trvl2lv
Northern, NJ
Reviewed 18 May 2009

As with all Embassy Suites, the rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. I requested a room on the first floor with a king bed, and the front desk was able to get me the room that wanted. Staff were all very friendly...provided great custome service. Asked for some winery recommendations and they happily provided us with some maps and two for one wine tasting coupons.

The hotel grounds are beautiful. The live swans are a nice addition to the ambiance. However, the green dyed water in the "lake" is a bit over the top...a bit tacky.

Breakfast in the morning was fresh, hot and delicious. The cooks were friendly too. The managers reception is always a nice touch at Emassy Suites, and was nice here too.

Anyway, an overall great stay. Real short drive to downtown napa (no longer than 5 minutes) and close to tons of great wineries.

The only negative coments is the fact that this hotel charges for internet in your room ($10.95 I think) -- free computer use in the business center. Also, there is not a gym on the hotel premises...although they provide you with a coupon for free entry to a nearby gym.

2 Thank ContinentalFA
Nebraska
Reviewed 5 May 2009

At first they tried to charge me $239 per night, which for this hotel is way too expensive. I would not pay more than $189.00. The hotel was nice in the fact that there are 2 seperate rooms, a small living area with a very nice flat screen and a little kitchen area that came in very handy. The bedroom also had a nice flat screen. THey do charge $10.00 per day for internet, but have a business center in the lobby which you can use free of charge.

We enjoy our morning workouts and there is no fitness center, but they do give free passes to the local gym which is a straight shot down the street from the hotel. There is also a free breakfast, which is very nice; omelets, fruits, pancakes, cereals, muffins bagels. Not just your ordinary continental.

The rooms were ok, smelled a little funny and ours was very noisy (right next to the freeway). Not much to do right in the vicinity, but close to the interstate if you are going to do the winery thing.

I guess I would recommend as long as you were getting a good deal and ask for a room away from the freeway.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple