“Really? This is Napa?”

Hotel Indigo Napa Valley
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Room was well appointed but had a room full of people complete with perpetual crying baby and woman who laughed like a crazy person in the room next door and the hotel's answer was to place an apology note with a cheap bottle of wine in the room. When we couldn't stand it any longer, we packed up our stuff and moved to another room. Welcome to Napa!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 5 June 2012

we recently returned from Napa and really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western. The breakfast they served was so much better than any other free hotel breakfast we have experiences. The grounds were really cute. The pool area had plenty of chairs and even picnic tables for an evening picnic. The room was nice, plenty big. Nice showerhead and always hot water. The only complaint was the bed was just a little hard, not as bad as some places but could have been a little better.

2  Thank korky61
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel has new modern decor with what looks like new carpet. The staff were nice. We had room 154 at the end of the building. It was a good size room with a 42" flat screen tv, free Wifi, microwave and decent size fridge. I found a modern iron and full size ironing board in the wardrobe. Air conditoner was very good and best of all very quite, the room was cooled to a comfortable 68 and it had a easy to use control on the wall. We had a very big comfortable California king size bed with an array of decent pillows . We asked front desk for an extra blanket and they bought it to our room without having to ask twice. There was a big bathroom in this room but the area around the sink was not big enough to put your make up bag down. The shower quickly got hot, it had a big shower head and the shower handle was easy to use.The bathroom light was a little hard to work out. The room had nice touches like ihome ipod dock with an alarm clock which was set at the wrong time. The only things I found wrong with this room was the phone did not work properly when I called front desk and housekeeping for the blanket and I got a continuous busy signal, later the front desk clerk told me that I needed to dail 0 before I dialed those numbers. This info was not told to me- good job it was not an emergency! The TV had direct TV cable which I use at home but this one was totally screwed up, when I went to the guide to find the channel I wanted , I typed it in and something totally different came up. You have no choice but to scroll thru the channels. This hotel is situated about 4 miles from the city of Napa. We paid about $10 plus tip for a taxi to get into the city. A shuttle would be a nice touch for this hotel. If you don't want to go into the city area there is a Mexican Restaurant next door with music on a Saturday night and breakfast in the mornings. The breakfast at this hotel was average, the hot items looked questionable like mushed up egg and mushed up sausage. This hotel has a nice pool and spa area. I recommend when you are in Napa you eat at the Oxbow markets, amazing, it has a great range of food altho not cheap- very very nice.

Room Tip: Room 154 was good but only for a couple, too small for a family.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vivnoaln
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was there last week for an overnight trip in Napa Valley. I bidded for $95 room on Priceline and got this hotel for my bid. I thought it will just be a regular and basic Best Western hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel resembled an upscale boutique hotel than a regular Best Western chain hotel. Check-in was quick and the staff were friendly. The room was beautiful and there was also free wifi. The location was really central and it came with free breakfast too. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaVidaMaria
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at the BW Premier Ivy Inn over Memorial Day weekend for a friends wedding weekend in Napa.The positive:location easy to find, we arrived early for check in and our room to our surprise was ready at 12pm, upon arrival to the room we found that it was furnished beautifully and very appealing. The Negative: the mattress was extremely hard and uncomfortable, the bathroom sink didn't drain and overflowed while we were brushing our teeth, the bathroom light only worked when it felt like it, and the kicker was the complimentary breakfast was by far lacking. not allot of options for a BW Premier property and the items that were offered were either stale or expired, not to mention the breakfast room was so crowded we had to line up in the hall to get something to eat and bring it back to our room. Our expectations were much higher and we left feeling disappointed in our stay at the Ivy Inn.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Let me start off with this. I'm not usually the one to leave a review online. I stopped by Best Western with serious doubts that this hotel could meet my personal standards of comfort. I mean, Best Western is not exactly a W Hotel.

This Best Western is not your average hotel. After all other hotels were almost sold out in the area for a holiday weekend, I got a room for over half the cost of the local bed and breakfast rates. It comes with an outdoor hottub and heated pool, oh and yes, breakfast too. We hit the right week of the year and ended up with a complementary room upgrade to a suite and snagged 4 premium bottles of local wine as a gift, along with six wine glasses. The room has a refrigerator, Keurig, microwave, bar sink, multi-media wall inputs to the TV, couch, chairs, iPod clock with speakers, large his and hers sinks in the bathroom and a larger-than-normal tub for a hotel. Catherine and Martha at the front desk were amazing. They helped me find the right room for my trip and treated me like I was the most important guest of the day. They made my trip here incredible, which it was as I hoped it would be for my honeymoon to Nappa Valley.

When I checked in, I was invited to a free wine tasting in the hotel's breakfast room from Mario Andretti's (yes, the race car driver) winery, just down the road. The wine was fantastic. We sat in the beautiful, modern garden patio and enjoyed wine, strawberries and cheese. Inside, the breakfast room was full of modern style table and chairs and a small wine bar, apparently set up for local wineries to let you sample their wine without ever leaving the hotel. Seriously, you can't do better than this while still in your hotel.

Don't judge this book by its cover, this hotel competes with any premium hotel brand at half the cost. You should try this hotel out before spending way too much on a bed and breakfast that offers fewer amenities. I doubt you will find another hotel with more to offer.

3  Thank glennluther
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Even as a Hotwire customer, they upgraded us to a suite. Very friendly and helpful. Promptly addressed maintenance issue with noisy A/C fan. Very nice hot breakfast buffet. Cool "mod" furnishing, recently renovated. Very comfortable mattress. Highly recommended.

1  Thank EasyToPleaseTrav