“Nice hotel along the wine route”

Hotel Indigo Napa Valley
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here two nights while we were in the Napa valley. This hotel is a bit upscale and it showed in the beds, materials used and available space. Rooms are nice, breakfast was ok - we enjoyed sitting outside - but everything considered it lacked a little soul. No mistakes though! One small thing: our first room had a bath that looked rather yellow but I think that was caused by cleaning. We were immediately moved to a different room upon my request. It is not close to the town center.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Experienced horrible customer service during a girls weekend to Napa wineries. This was my first stay at a Best Western and will be my last. The bathroom and shower area is small and cramped. Complimentary breakfast was not good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jandrews8497
bestwesternivyhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear jandrews8497,
Thank you for your review. We would like to discuss in detail the customer service issues you faced. We always pride ourselves in the service we have to offer and apologize for not being able to offer you the same experience. Please write to us on atish@ivyhotelnapa.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night while touring Napa and Sonoma for a day. We didn't have too many complaints, except I just feel like it should have been a bit nicer for 3.5 stars. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. The breakfast was just OK, but there was not enough seating for everyone to eat. Note that this was a Monday night, so on the weekend I can't imagine there is enough room for everyone. We did not use the outdoor pool, but was pretty small. The hotel sits on a busy road and our room faced the road. We did not notice any noise though. Overall our stay was just OK, nothing special.

1  Thank jtolson32
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Decided to stay here because I wanted to redeem Best Western Travel (Gift) Cards that I had earned through AMEX Membership Rewards. When it was time to check out, the front desk staff were clueless (they had never seen a Best Western Travel Card before) how to apply the $350 credit to my bill. Twenty minutes later, it was resolved. I assume they were new. Other than the fact that our key had to be reprogrammed and we had to call the front desk to have a maid make up our room, the room itself was okay, the breakfast was good. I did like the hosted wine and cheese on the Friday night we were there. Was it worth $300 plus a night? I guess in Napa at the beginning of summer, that's standard. I will say the location was convenient right off Hwy 29, and The Red Hen Mexican restaurant across the parking lot was a great option for dinner, especially a day after driving in heavy traffic to get there and having downed a bottle of wine by the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The neighbors doors slim so loud, it woke me all 3 nights. Owner controls the AC so it won't go lower than 68 and goes on FAN all night. There was no melon of any kind at breakfast for all 3 days, just orange slices for 2 days. Apple juice watered down and coffee so weak that employees bring there own . No bacon, no oatmeal. Wine tasting. ONLY on some Friday nights. When I needed a new card, the machine was broken and old, and office staff had complained about this for months. Owner is money hungry and for over $200 a night I won't stay here again,

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Debdowa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are BW Diamond elite members. We had looked forward to staying in a BW Premium for a long time. It was not as nice as many BWPlus where we have stayed. Inadequate lighting, no wake up call, staff lacked knowledge about local restaurants. We will try again and hope for a better experience. On a positive note. When we got home we realized we had left an article in our room. A call to the front desk resulted in it being found and promptly shipped.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank luv4ag

Dear luv4ag,
Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review. As a Best Western Premier we have stringent standards to meet and exceed. We are glad that the Front Desk was able to help you with your lost item and that you will give us another chance to show you the hospitality we have to offer.
Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Have stayed in many Best Westerns but will not again after this last experience. Computer Reservation for best western somehow reserved the wrong date. I called customer service to get the date changed or a refund and was told my card had been fully charged and nothing could be done. I usually book through expedia or orbitz and there usually is a confirmation screen making sure the dates and location are correct before finishing the reservation but this was not the case. My card was kicked through and I was billed without final confirmation. I hit back on my browser to check that the dates I selected were correct and they were. Terrible customer service. I was put on hold for 45min just so they could tell me nothing could be done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank T G

Dear TG,
Thank you for the review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your grievance has been shared with the Best Western Central Reservation. We sincerely wish we would've been able to help you.
Regards,