“Stay here if you want to go home with bedbugs!!!!!!”

Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 12 November 2007

This hotel was in a great location and we didn't realize it had any problems until the second day when my boyfriend woke up with itchy bug bites. At first, we thought they might be spider bites and discounted it because we were enjoying our trip but by the time we got back home, they were itching like crazy and covering his body! He had to take off work, pay to go to the doctor, and pay for medicine. Now, a week later, I have bites on my skin (apparently this can be common, some people may take 1-2 weeks for bed bug bites to show up).
We are disgusted and now have to worry about whether or not we brought the bedbugs into our previously clean, uninfected apartment through our luggage. When I called Travelocity to request a refund, they said they could only give me a $50.00 discount good towards my next Travelocity purchase! I called the hotel to let them know what happened (so that other people would not have to go through the same thing), and the manager DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE! He only told me that they could not compensate me in any way since I went through Travelocity and told me "thank you for letting him know." I had initially told him what room # I stayed in (very quickly, I don't think he wrote it down), and he never asked for it again. I got the feeling that he wasn't going to do anything about it for new customers. Terrible Customer service. I will never stay at a Travelodge again!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelLuvr1979
napahotel, manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2008

thank everyone for the comments and looked into it and totally remodel the hotel we have put in brand new beds and brand new air condition and the beds were big brand new kings and queen beds I hope this will settle every bodies mind about the beds.I also added a new bay window in the Deluxe suite I...

Reviewed 24 October 2007

Staying at the Travelodge Napa was like a trip back in time, sort of like the motels my parents took me to in the 50's. I wish it had cost $9.95, the price my parents paid. Would have been worth $49 in most locations, but price = >>$200.
To put things in perspective, there are nice hotels in the Napa Yountville neighborhood that cost >$600, so it was a super bargain for the location and anyway Yountville was sold out. Travelodge was clean and OK, nice people, just shabby. Location terrific, we walked to my favorite Napa restaurant "Uva Trattoria" with local jazz band starting at 8:00 on Saturday night. Travelodge is truly in a super location, short drive to all the Napa wineries, walking distance to Napa Opera House prime entertainment, Copia, Wine train and all else that Old Town Napa offers. Just don't expect ambience in your room. I will be more honest and specific. Even the remote didn't work.:)

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Deedee95070
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We arrived at the hotel around 1PM on Saturday and needed to take a shower before our wedding. We were told check-in wasn't until 3pm and we asked for an early check-in. They told us that wasn't possible. Then we asked if we could just use a room to shower in and once again we were denied.

When we got back from the wedding we found thin walls, dirty towels, and a shower that didn't work.

The place is centered around a parking lot in the middle and a pool the size of two jacuzzi's - terrible.

The people were unfriendly and unhelpful. I would rather pay double than come to this place ever again.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank shangadangatech
Reviewed 13 June 2007

Stayed one night next to the pool. It was functioning but not able to be swam in due to pool cleaning gear being left in it the entire time. The gate to the pool kept banging shut all night and it was 10 feet away from our window so we heard it. Most likely not a problem for most guests in other parts of the hotel. The staff was super friendly the entire time. No problems with the room or anything else.

Overall I think it was too much to pay for the place. I think we paid like $140 but it is located in downtown Napa so that's probably where the price comes into play.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trip_seeker-7
Reviewed 4 June 2007

This hotel bordered on "acceptable" There was a group of us that stayed here due to a wedding nearby. The rooms on the first floor looked more "worn" - than the rooms on the 3rd floor. We had a room on the 3rd floor - the bathroom was clean and the tile looked new. The bed had a little "sag" look to it but was comfortable. The pullout couch is definitely for only one person. Parking is limited as we had to park on the street. There was some confusion regarding rates - as we were to be given a special prearranged rate due to the wedding. People were charged all different rates. We were supposed to get gift baskets from the bride and groom delivered to our room - but for some reason we asked about them at checkout. The girl at the desk was very pleasant and tried to be helpful, but there seemed to be a lot of confusion between staff. If you don't get an exceptionally lower rate than other hotels in the area, I would not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Motherosh
Reviewed 13 April 2007

I booked about a month in advance, and got a rate of $88/night for a Fri and Sat night. We had a queen room on the 2nd floor, in an area where there is not a 3rd floor (i.e.: no one above us). The location, as others have mentioned, is awesome. We also appreciated the free, covered parking. The walls are admittedly not thick, so we could hear some sounds at night - but it truly wasn't bad. In fact, we were delighted with what we got for the price. We used our savings to go toward other extravagances - ballooning, wine tasting, fine meals, mud baths and massages. We weren't in the room much, and the bed was comfortable, room was clean, TV worked and the shower was great. In short, it met our needs. For anyone expecting luxury, I don't think any motel, including a Travelodge, is the way to go. For a bargain hunter willing to forego frills, it was great!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CassidyCarmichael
Reviewed 21 March 2007

Hi:

This is my second stay at the Napa Travelodge. My first stay was back in 2001 before the place was remodeled and still called a motel. At that time it was a walk-in rate of 55.00 a night with a King bed, very basic, but in reasonable condition.

The Travelodge is in a wonderful downtown location with all the great restaurants, COPIA and the wineries conveniently located nearby. The Mustard Festival at the Copia on that particular weekend was my primary reason for booking this Travelodge. For this stay, I booked on-line 2 months in advance (January) with some assistance from the Travelodge front desk. I needed two rooms, one with a king and the other with a queen for a friend traveling with us. The reservations online showed only queen beds but I knew otherwise from my past visit. I called the Travelodge directly after making the reservation and was assured by the front desk person that they could make adjustments in-house to the reservations and not to worry. They (local Napa Travelodge) had problems with the on-line reservations not showing accurate information about the actual rooms that were available at that site. Two weeks before our stay, I checked to make sure the reservations were valid and had the correct rooms listed. Everything looked ok.

On March 17th, We checked in. On the reservation were two queen beds. There was no reference made for a king bed. My husband is 6' 5". A king bed at a hotel is a necessity, not a luxury in his case. My friend's room was fine for her needs. I was livid that all the planning that I arranged was in vain. A complete deception. I demanded to speak with the manager. He acted like I was crazy because no such arrangement existed on the computer, in his world. I was also told that no other rooms were available, the hotel was completely booked. I knew we would be billed for the rooms whether we took them or not. I demanded that we be given a king room at the rate I was given. I was told that none was available. Finally, the desk clerk relented and offered us a King suite. The rate was 149.00 a night, not the 109.00 rate agreed on the phone with the the desk clerks previously. I consented and took it. At this point, there was no other choice. I was still going to be charged for the rooms whether I took them or not. Given the fact that it was St. Patrick's Day weekend in sunny Northern California, it seemed to be the only option other than driving back home.

The so called "suite" (#307) had maintenance problems. The bathroom door was stuck to the point that it was difficult to open or close due to a sloppily fitted door jamb. A torn, slightly mildewed, shower curtain with ill-fitting and missing shower rings served as the barrier between shower and floor. This curtain looked like it was ready to be used as a painting dropcloth, it was in such poor condition. Water leaked through the curtain due to a centrally placed hole. The curtain kept falling down due to the limited no. of rings (5 rings- 12 holes), spraying additional water. The hot/cold tub faucet was mislabeled. The water pressure was low and the shower head was difficult to adjust. The fan didn't work, however, it looked like the light on the fan worked but the fan was never connected. The sink was remodeled recently and tiled in granite. The granite was sealed incorrectly and had stains. The coffee maker was broken. Cheap styrofoam cups were in the room, just like a Motel 6. The towels provided were worn out and stained. The room interior had worn, dirty carpets and signs of dry rot around the bay window. When the right side of the bay window was opened, the panel fell off. My friends room (#209) had stains on the furniture and the towels in her room were in similar condition. All this for 149.00 and 99.00 a night.

If you are planning to visit Napa, please AVOID this hotel. It's so tempting due to the ideal location. For 149.00 a night, check out the Silverado or the Hilton Garden Inn. These places are not downtown, but you won't get swindled like I did. Chablis Inn has a king suite for 99.00 a night, another great option. You can do better. Downtown Napa needs a better hotel than this dump.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends