Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Good hotel. Their manager Gary Dent was super nice and very helpful. Also, great location and CLEAN. We went to a wedding in Napa and needed a place to stay that evening. The location was only 30min. away from the Winery and the price was very reasonable for that time of year.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123Lori_V123
There are newer reviews for Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights, but we had five reserved. On our second night, my girlfriend fell down a flight of stairs. She had to be immobilized and taken to the hospital by the paramedics. No body from the hotel came to help. I told the hotel manager, Gay Dent, that we were leaving and I was not paying. All he said was “OK.”

There was no minimum stay, and Gary Dent, the manager, refused to authorize a refund though hotes.com, even for the nights not used. I’ve had to fight it out with visa and hotels.com. Most of the lights were out on the stairs, and one concrete stair was cracked and missing part of the tread.

The room smelled terribly, and there was mold all over the bath room. There were not enough bath towels. The management has no integrity, at best. They are sleaze bags at worst.

Based on the other reviews, they keep lowering there rates. Even it was $20, you would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank C M
NapaValleyH0tel, Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Unforunately I was misqouted or misunderstood. The 3 Palms a chain hotel attmepts, at all times to be hospitable to all guests. The staff work at making the accomodations and amenities for the guests available and to the highest standard of professionalism. Seldom, there are times when we must follow procedures that appear to be callous but we must follow the policy. These policies are reviewed and revised if the situation warrants such action. Since, I have been involved in the hospitaliy industry I hope that I could help all the guests, but sometimes I am forced to follow the hotel protocol for certain situations.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

A convenient, pleasant, affordable attractive place to stay in downtown Napa. The welcoming staff was most cordial and helpful. This is a perfect location within walking distance of many interesting restaurants, shops, bakeries, and town events. We were visiting Napa to go to Smoakville, a "boutique ribbery," and would definitely book a return stay at 3 Palms.

Room Tip: There's a pool on the ground floor. It was very quiet on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Nice renovated room-clean and everything worked. Perfect location for downtown Napa-walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. Friendly helpful staff. We came for the Shakespeare in the Park-which was two blocks away. It was great just to be able to stroll anywhere we wanted to go.

Room Tip: Downtown Napa is pretty quiet-especially on a Sunday night, but if you don't want to be on the s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo Anne A
NapaValleyH0tel, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Wine Bars, Shopping stores and Oxbow Market is wonderful. Hope to see you again. thank-you,

Reviewed 21 July 2012

You're really paying for location with this hotel. The service, rooms, and grounds are basic but adequate and safe. If you're looking for a special hotel for a romantic trip, this isn't it. But if you're looking to stay in a central location while saving money this is a great choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jacqueline321

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the hotel. We take our guests' concerns very seriously. We want every experience to be positive. We are very proud of the fact that we are the "Top Value for Similar Hotels" in Napa. As a result, we are proud of what we offer and are continuing to make improvements, both customer service and to the property. The response for your needs is not acceptable and we have spoken with the staff to ensure that all guests are taken care of. We are fortunate to be surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops and even wine bars and the staff should have been able to assist you with your needs. We have currently removed all bedspreads and gone to triple sheeting. This ensures that each guest has a fresh, clean bed. Your safety is our concern as well and we have security bolts on every door, this is in addition to the door lock system. We very much appreciate the time you took to write your review and will use it as an opportunity to create an excellent guest experience for our future guests. Next time you are planning to be in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will do everything to insure your comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

If I can tell you to do anything.... do not stay at this hotel with your family or if you are traveling as a couple. The outside looks great - and the pictures obviously look good. NOT
I traveled with my daughter and fiancé - we got zero sleep. Our door to the room was "off" the floor by .5 inches. So all day long we had the sun coming in at the floor. Then at night we could hear everything in the parking lot. One night - a group even had a party in the parking lot. They partied loud and drank in the parking lot for 2 hours. This is when I learned that my hotel room phone did not work at all. I had to search my reservations to get the phone number to call from my cell phone to complain about the noise. The manager insisted that the noise had only happened for 10-20 minutes. He had to have been asleep in another building (or outside with the party).
As I said earlier I traveled with my daughter we went to give her a bath. The tub had no stopper - so we used a towel everyday since it was never fixed or replaced. Asking for additional towels was another issue - we didn't get them until our last day just before check out.
Parking is very limited. Make sure to get your spot early on your trip and keep it.
We were disappointed that our basic needs couldn't be met. We found other peoples medication, clothes and shoes under the bed. The telephone didn't work. Asking for dining advice - we were sent to another hotel.
I say - spend the extra money and upgrade to the B&B around the corner. You will thank me in the morning. But hey the location was great. We walked 90% of our trip.

Room Tip: I hope higher floors have less parking lot noise...... just get another hotel all together
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rachfowler

Thank you for your feedback. I take all reviews very seriously. I have inspected all of the rooms on the second floor and did not find a cracked seal nor a door without a sweep. In order to fix these issues for future guests I need to know more information. Please contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Looks nice but its not...door jam off by .25 inches box tv with poor cable picture thin mattress with thinner sheets..very loud due to courtyard design you can hear everything. I was at the Weston visiting family there and was so impressed I said I wished I could stay there the desk clerk said I could because they had a cancellation and she gave me a deep discount so I moved hotels and spent twice as much but it was worth leaving this fleabag motel. I basically paid 230 bucks to park my car...Stay at the Weston instead it cost the same its much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bcjams

Thank-you for your review. I am always looking for area's to improve. I'm very sorry that you were disturbed by the exterior of the hotel we are in the process of remodeling.