“Great location, needs work”

Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This superficially dressed-up motel also goes by the name 3 Palms and calls itself a "boutique resort" in its promo materials, which is extremely misleading. It is a two-and-a-half star lodging according to the discount travel sites where the rates are in the $60-90 range, but this is generous. It is better and more cheerful than the very basic motels but my room needed work: the clock did not work, the tub drain had no cover so we could not take a bath. The TV channel range was extremely limited and the picture so fuzzy it could not be watched. Walls are thin so you can hear neighbors above and to the sides. The bed and pillows were soft and lumpy but the bedding was clean. The positives: the heat worked well, there was plenty of hot water, and there were decent bath amenities and a hair dryer. I did get my requested wake-up calls, which makes up for the broken clock. The best reason to book here is the free parking and great location, within walking distance to everything in downtown Napa and 5 minutes from Highway 29. I would stay here again but it helps to have all the facts and two-star expectations.

Room Tip: Upstairs as long as the elevator works or you can lug your stuff down the hall. The rooms downstairs...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Barbara S
NVHAS, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thanks for your response we are glad you enjoyed your stay here.Glad that you thought location was great walking distance to all the great Restraunts and wine shops that Napa has to offer hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and chose it because of its location to downtown. You can walk to all the downtown restaurants, the wine train, and my absolute fave, Oxbow Market. The room itself was small, but for the price, what more would you expect? The tv was not a flat screen but worked fine. The bathroom was fine, the blowdryer a joke. I do hair and would describe it as a soft summer breeze. Bring your own. Don't even try to use it for anything but a funny photo.

We upgraded to a room with a couch that could be used as a bed, and it was actually quite large when set up, but it took 90% of the floor space away, which isn't fun in an already small room.

The staff was helpful and friendly, and I will stay here again if I would rather spend more money on food and wine. If you're looking for a romantic, classy getaway, try somewhere more pricey. If you're more interested in not being in your room, spending your money on food and wine etc, and aren't a 'professional' hotel critic, this spot is absolutely perfect simply because it is clean and cant be beat on location.

Oh and the 'broken step' was nowhere to be found, they fixed it pretty quickly I bet. That review was pretty funny... Too much wine maybe? Hehe...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank daryl87
NVHAS, Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks for you comment your satisfaction is important to us.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I haven't been up to the Napa Valley since moving out of the Bay Area, however when I came back for a short little trip with my wife I remember this hotel in Downtown Napa. Last time we were here was back in 2011 and it was a pleasant stay, but they made some changes to the property and the ambiance just feels different (in a good way). The price we paid cannot be beat because of the upgrade to the rooms and location. Staff was great as usual and hopefully I get a chance to come back to beautiful Napa Valley!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for you comment your satisfaction is important to us

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I do not drive and I was in Napa during Christmas. I went to the Operatra House for a concert, I went to join the Wine Train tour, I went to the Oxbow Public Market for oysters and bubblies, I had Mexican food, seafood, Italian food, the local pub, I went to the Church....all on foot! Napa was closed during Christmas Day, and I was treated with Tamales by the staff (my first in my life) and coffee on the house. Every morning, I am greeted by a smiling lady who came to clean my room. A memorable traveling experience!

Room Tip: My room was small, but I had the windows facing the street. Quite pleasant. You can ask for a bigg...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra P
NVHAS, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thanks so much glad you had a wonderful time and certainly glad you enjoyed your room it was a pleasure having you hear and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We booked a double room and were upgraded to a beautiful king suite by the very friendly gentleman at the front desk when he learned it was our anniversary! The remodeled suite (#225) had indoor stairs leading up to the spacious modern- traditional room. Black carpet, faux leather seating, and a gas fireplace flanked by pretty, tall, faux floral arrangements greeted us when we first entered the suite and climbed the steps. It was an immediate pleasant surprise. The sleeping area included a large, decorative matching wooden bed, armoire and desk with attractive, modern bedding. The bathroom had beautiful, clean white tile, granite countertop and deep Jacuzzi tub. Special room, super local close to Oxbow Market, shops, bars etc. We had a great, romantic time!!

Room Tip: #225 king suite. Modern mixed with traditional with plantation shutters and a view of green lawn/tre...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JibbyMom

Im very glad to have met you and hope to see you again soon,we try to do what we can when we can on speacail accasions.I certainly enjoyed in talking to you and directing you to our great restraunts and wine shops we have walking distance to our Hotel.Im sure we will see you again and I certainly look forward to it.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

we stayed here for two nights and was positively pleased with the location. we originally was staying at the best western that got top rated here on trip advisor, but they were full and recommend this place. this location is better and walking distance to all the small tasting stores. the staff was super nice and helped us with finding good local restaurants and arranging some nice vine tasting trips. the price is right for the simple but clean and nice rooms. we will def stay here again next time :) (they are in the process of remodelling and change the name to 3 palms hotel and suites)

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor in inside the pool gate was god to us :) and they have free parking and wif...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orgias

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay your day and your time at our Hotel it is very important to do what we can for you.We certainly enjoyed having you and very grateful that took the time to respond to Trip advisor.I can certainly say without a doubt it was a pleasure having you at our Hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

This hotel was a great place to rest and relax after a day of wine tasting and site seeing.
The price was affordable. The location is great since you are in walking distance to the downtown area of Napa. Our room was clean nicely furnished and the bed was covertable. There is a small clean pool nice for a quick dip.
If you are looking for an extravagent hotel you might want to look else where but if you are just looking for a clean place to lay your head at night while most of your time is spent wine tasting and site seeing this is the place for you. I travel to spend my time learning and seeing all that a place has to offer not to stay all day in a hotel room so if you are like me this place is for you.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms close to the parking and no issues with walking up and down stairs. We...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple