“Very good budget motel, I don't agree with these reviews.”

Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
California
“Very good budget motel, I don't agree with these reviews.”
Reviewed 31 May 2008

Perhaps this motel has gone down in quality since we stayed there a few years ago, or perhaps I should not rely solely on what TripAdvisor members say. We stayed here for 3 days as a base for exploring Napa and the Napa valley. In short, we did not encounter any rude staff, grime, or bed bugs. Also, I remember the neighborhood to be quiet, and had no problems with parking. The rooms are simple, but ours was clean and tidy. The motel is in a great location--walking distance from a nice outdoor shopping mall, the river and a great riverfront "general store", and their self-guided walking tour. Check this place out before listening to all the negativity.

• Stayed October 2004
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Francisco
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I think Travelodge is of great value. Jenni (hope my spelling was right) was very helpful a the check in. We reserved 4 rooms and there were all clean when we moved in. I would stay there again next time I visit Napa.

Stayed May 2008
San Jose
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Booked this because it was the cheapest hotel I could find that was available 2 weeks before my stay. Check-in was fast but the room was another issue.

Here are my compliants about the room:
-bed sheets were not comfortable and were as rough as a porkypin.
-bathroom was dirty and moldy in spots
-toilet flusher would get stuck and would have to manually fix it
-very noisy due to street and parking lot noise throughout the night
-phone vmail wasn't working

I guess the moral of the story is if you look for a cheap hotel you definitely are getting to get the cheap quality too. Don't bring your significant other to this hotel cause they will think you are a cheapskate. If you can afford $50 more look for a B&B or another higher-rated hotel.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DJKsar
napahotel, Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2008
I thank everyone for the comments and looked into it and totally
remodel the hotel we have put in brand new beds and brand new air
condition and the beds were big brand new kings and queen beds I hope this
will settle every bodies mind about the beds.I also added a new bay window
in the Deluxe suite I fixed all the cracks and brand new shower
curtains.Travelodge corprate came in and gave us a high score on our
inspection so if people would give us another try they will be very please.

Travellers are raving about these Napa hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 January 2008

We are currently in room 207, very very SMELLY, from the minute I entered the room, let me see, where to start, the hot/cold mis labeled, took a while to figure out the shower, calcium build up on shower head, VERY VERY noisy hotel, street sweeper woke me up at 3:45am colud not sleep for 4 hours then the garbage truck and all it's noise there, then the next door neighbor decided to let the world know he was up. So if you go here to sleep, pick up another hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hair dryer bring your own, ours broken in room

• Liked — pretty sink
  • Disliked — smelly
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank supertraveler33
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2007

We stayed at the Napa Travelodge for one night after booking it on Priceline. I can't remember exactly how much we paid, but I think it was around $89. It wasn't bad - we didn't see any bugs, and the room, bedding and towels were clean. Don't even think about trying to check in early, though, because they don't even look to see if a room is available before saying no. Another bad thing was the smoke detector in our room was obviously disabled and hanging from the ceiling, so thank goodness there wasn't a fire. I can't say I've ever run into that before! The location is the best, walking distance to the downtown restaurants and shops, and also to the Napa Wine Train and Copia (those two places are a long walk away). I would stay here again only because I refuse to pay the outrageous hotel prices in Napa and Priceline doesn't work so well in the Napa Valley.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank shario
orange county
Reviewed 24 November 2007

After reading all the reviews, I was pretty scared to stay here and even thought about forgoing the money I had spent on Priceline and staying somewhere else. However, when we got there, it didn't look too bad. The exterior looked like it had just been painted and it was in the middle of downtown napa!

The parking area didn't look too full but it was the day before Thanksgiving so I don't think there were too many people staying there.

The guy at the front desk was really pleasant and he gave us a map of the area and said if we need anything to call down.
I went into the room and immediately had my friend help me lift up the mattress (I told you I read the reviews before and I was scared the place was infested with bedbugs). But the mattresses looked fairly new and no bugs!

the room/bed is definitely only built for two though, so if you are planning on trying to squeeze four people into the room, good luck. Two of you will need to sleep on the floor next to the bathroom/sink/closet space/desk area by the door.

The bathrooms looked pretty clean and my only complaint were the towels were a little worn and some of them didn't look like they had been washed very thoroughly (one of the washcloths looked like it still had a lipstick on it and one of the bath towels had a brown mysterious stain) I only noticed it in the morning after i had thankfully used a clean towel but I'm sure if I called down, they would have bought me some new ones.

The location is the best though! I mean, all the restaurants i had read up on were in walking distance, (check out cole's chop house and uva trattoria) and it was next to the little downtown center with a cool little indie bookstore.

If you're looking to hang out at the motel/hotel all day, hang out by the pool (it was tiny and i didn't even look at it very closely) and watch tv (worked at night but in the AM didn't work at all, strange) and relax, this is not the place to go but if you just need a central place to store your bags and sleep, it's not bad. I mean, i have seen worse. I think it might just be a combination of it being a little older and just the number of people who probably pass through all the time.

Oh! and if you're one of those people who worry about security, they have two entrances (that i could see) one was the elevator and the other were stairs but both needed a key card to access the top floors. (it kinda made up for the fact that our door didn't have one of those super locks on it, it looked broken off)

so overall, it was a pretty clean, very centrally located, easy to find, parking was good (but again maybe because of the holiday), somewhat secure, maybe a little rundown/worn but a passable place to stay for one night or two nights. if i went onto priceline and found out I had to stay there again, i wouldn't be so worried. (but i would still check for bugs...you can never be too sure!)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — a little run down
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank alita
santa clara
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This is one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! It's more like a dirty motel than a hotel. From the outside, it looks decent with new paint but parking is very limited and the layout out of the parking lot is awkward. My boyfriend's opinion of the room - "It's like the type of place you rent by the hour". The stench of mustiness and chlorine hit me the moment I opened the door. The smell was so heavy that I had a hard time sleeping that night and breathe at the same time. The coverlet of the bed was filthy and covered with stain. Needless to say, I removed it from the bed. The wall is paperthin. The bathroom is disgusting and small. Mold spots covered the bottom of the shower curtain and a crusty ring of calcium buildup was on the shower head. I have to take another shower again that day after checking out and checking in to another hotel. Parking space is limited and I don't think the location really matters much - downtown Napa is so sleepy. (Where was everyone?) This is a regrettable purchase from Priceline and I wouldn't stay here again even if it is free.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jvn777