“Nothing fancy, but great locale!”

Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Nothing fancy, but great locale!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Napa for the first time in April with my dad. Although this hotel is small, and somewhat outdated, it is in the perfect location. You can easily walk downtown or to the Oxbow Market, and there are many great restaurants close by.

The front desk staff - Gary and Ramona - were so helpful. They gave us tips on where to get free tastings downtown, and suggested some fabulous wineries to stop at in both the Napa and Sonoma Valleys.

If you are expecting big, fancy, updated rooms this hotel won't be for you. But we were completely satisfied with the stay and the location truly can't be beat!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Migimon
napavalleyhotelandsu, Webmaster at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about this hotel and the Napa Valley in general. Now updated, our hotel is better able to meet the needs of any kind of traveler. We know you’ll be even more satisfied when you visit us again, and I hope we have the privilege of serving you again every time you’re in the area.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

There must have been something going on in the area when we were there as the rooms were 250/night! That would be okay if it were more of a traditional hotel, but this is basically a 60s style Motor Inn: only two levels in the style of an old school Holiday Inn. Sure, there has been an effort to update the rooms but it's clear that there is only so much that can be done. The bathroom decor is very dated, the A/C is a wall unit and there is no closet or much (if any) drawer space (just an open rack to hang some clothes on).

The room was clean, however. Both the bed and shower were satisfactory, and I know there was an attempt at introducing nicer sheets and furniture. I also appreciated the fact they had a safe in the room because I felt a little uneasy when we first checked in and I realized all the rooms were facing outward (into the parking lot). It also didn't appear as if there was any security on duty. After a day or so, I felt less nervous in the place and didn't worry as much. If you plan on going swimming, don't bother. The pool is TINY and it's located right off of the parking lot...not exactly relaxing or picturesque. The elevators also need to be redone--they're very dimly lit and old.

The best part of this place is its location. Right by Main Street and all manner of restaurants and attractions. We'd go out and eat right in the area every night--no need to drive which was very nice. I will also say that the customer service was good. The woman who checked us in was very helpful and nice, as was the fellow who came to room in an instant to unlock my safe that was stuck.

This would hardly be my first choice should I return to Napa. We booked this because the town was sold virtually sold out. It's a 100/night room priced at 250/night. Had it been less expensive I may have a slightly better opinion of it, yet I also understand that it's ultimately a business and if they could charge (and get) that rate, they should.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jpug2002
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying multiple nights with us during a very busy time. I’m pleased that your experience with us was mostly positive. I’m disappointed, however, that you wouldn’t choose us again. Our hotel has been, recently, updated to meet the needs of guests better, and we look forward to you trying us again. If you decide to change your mind, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the positive experience you will come to find the next time you stop by.

10richierich
Reviewed 30 June 2014

ok...first of all, the place is very good....be clearly not perfect.....
we were there last week...
it is cheap, right in the center of downtown napa, and walking distance from bars and restaurants.
the rooms have comfortable beds (hard to find in cheaper hotels.)
i'm a flat pillow guy....they had some flat pillows on the bed.
the alarm clock/radio volume did not work (only had highest level, could not turn down.)
still have tube tv's in the rooms, all channels on ours were completely fuzzy....but that was ok..i wasn't there to watch tv.
the rooms all have kind of a strange combination of new furniture and old bathrooms and old fixtures.....
if they spend like $600 per room on updating, this place would be amazing!!
nice little pool area.
the heater/AC unit worked great in both heat and AC settings, and it is good background noise for any hotel.
safe but limited parking inside the complex (even if you parked outside of the complex, it is ok....not a sketchy area at all!

like someone else said....it is simple, clean, no frills, comfortable, partially renovated rooms, outside of building is nice.....and it is CHEAP!!

Room Tip: we were in rooms 210 and 214 and were happy with both, they face east.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 10richierich
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. You’ll be pleased to know that our hotel has been updated in many ways since your stay, and we’re even better equipped to provide a positive/better guest experience. Our goal is to meet the needs of every guest while providing the best value in the area. I hope you’ll try us again the next time you’re in Napa Valley.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I made a reservation for August. The reservation clearly stated the cancellation policy required that I cancel 2 days in advance before check in and my credit card would not be charged. Well, I decided to cancel and it is 2 months in advance. When I called the hotel, I spoke with the manager. I told him I wanted to cancel and he put me on hold. I waited on hold for 5 minutes and finally I had to hang up and call back. When he answered the phone again he laughed like he thought it was funny that I had to call back and he left me on hold. I told him I wanted to cancel and he rudely told me that I booked a non refundable rate and he couldn't cancel. I checked my email again to be sure that it said I could cancel as long as it was 48 hours before check in. Indeed, that it what the email said. So I called back and spoke with the manager again. He became argumentative with me and told me that it was a non refundable rate and I had to cancel with the 3rd party that I booked the room with. So I went back to the reservation email to find who the 3rd party was and there was no 3rd party involved. I made the reservation directly on the hotel website. So I had to call him back for the THIRD TIME and I told him. I asked him to let me forward the email that I have so he can see it. He hesitated and wanted to just take my name and number so he can deal with me later but I insisted that he give me his email address so I could forward my reservation. He agreed to finally give me his email, which is napavalleyhotel1@sbcglobal.com, which sounds like a personal email to me. I later received a call back from him sheepishly apologizing and he was making excuses for his rude behavior instead of admitting he was wrong, he kept asking me to agree that it was the company's fault by putting wrong information in the email. Anyway, after that he told me he cancelled my reservation and gave me a confirmation number. I did not entirely trust him so I called my credit card company and told them what happened to block any charges from this hotel. The manager was rude, unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Trinity M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in our hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before and feedback like yours will help us do so.

Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Napa hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a perfectly comfortable basic hotel in the heart of downtown Napa. The front desk was wonderful to deal with and was kind enough to let us check in four hours early so we could get changed and head to our lunch in Yountville. The rooms have air-con, which works well but is noisy. I recommend running it to cool your room on a hot day and then just sleep under the bedsheet rather than the heavy comforter. There's free wi-fi and the room has all the basic requirements for a short stay. If your goal for visiting Napa is to tour around and spend your budget on food and wine experiences rather than a hotel room, this works well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thefoodieworld
Dear Guest,

Thank you for pointing out what a great value we provide in the Napa Valley. I’m glad your stay with us was pleasant. Since your stay, we’ve updated and improved the hotel in many ways and now provide an even better guest experience. I hope you’ll stay with us again soon and every time you visit the Valley.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was perfectly acceptable, but it is definitely a basic, no frills stay. Honestly, we didn't spend much time there bc there is so much to do! The exterior of the building seemed a little run down, but the room had clearly been renovated and had a new couch, chair and bedding. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The only real issue we had was that the volume on our TV did not work, but if you are coming to Napa to sit and watch TV, you are doing it wrong. Great location in downtown Napa that is walking distance to anything you could want to do. A great home base for a night or two.

Room Tip: Get one on the highest floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank crollernyc
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Napa Valley. I’m glad you had a, generally, positive experience. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve updated and improved the hotel in many ways since your stay, so your next stay with us will be even better. We look forward to having the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This place only has location going for it. Old 80's fixtures, it smelled REALLY musty and moldy, and the towels were stained. Used to be an old travelodge supposedly. It was one of the cheapest places for a reason. We only stayed here two nights- any longer and would probably want a nicer place. It is right in the heart of downtown and you can walk practically anywhere from hotel. Free parking but parking lot small. Parking garage nearby and street parking was also an option. Since we were mostly visiting vineyards, walking around downtown and only staying for 2 nights- worth saving the money compared to the other expensive places nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisaoterpsrx
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you didn’t find your stay an entirely pleasant experience. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve updated many aspects of the hotel since your visit. When you stay with us again, you’ll find a better experience, perhaps the best value in Napa Valley Hotels. We look forward to serving you again soon.