All reviewsgreat locationroom was cleanfood and winerestaurants and barsheart of downtownfront desk clerkshort stayoxbow marketwine countryvisit napavalley
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I made reservations for a Friday and Saturday evening for a wedding. I arrived on that Friday afternoon, and they said they had no reservation under my name. I gave the confirmation number, but I honestly think the confirmation number was just random numbers that some guy made up, because the lady at the desk had no clue what to do with the number. After she looked some more, she informed me that my reservations were for Thursday and Friday, and that since I didn't show on Thursday, that my Friday reservation was void and all the rooms were full. They charged me 250 dollars for their mistake (I suspect they just dropped the reservation that I made way in advance because they could charge more at present) and left me twisting in the wind during wedding season. No idea if the hotel was any good, but I'll guess it ain't amazing.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew S
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi Andrew, We are very sorry that there was a misunderstanding about your reservation dates. I have investigated the circumstances of your reservation to better understand what happened, and have established that your booking was indeed for the Thursday and Friday night, and that this was confirmed by email to you. We are sorry that these were not the dates that you wanted to stay, and that we had to implement our cancellation policy as you did not arrive as we were expecting on the Thursday. It is a shame that this issue arose, but we would love to see you again if you have another opportunity to visit Napa. Thank you for attempting to stay with us. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

First off, this is not a hotel, it is an old motel. When booking online, it appeared to be a hotel. We arrived at the 3pm check in, went to our room, and it had not been cleaned. We were in a hurry to get ready for our son's engagement party, but they would not give us another room. It was 4pm by the time it was ready. The rooms are a mix of old and new furniture. The grout in shower was moldy, and the grout on bathroom floor was filthy, so whatever excuse management may have, it is obvious the room had not been cleaned properly since the floor was installed. All this for around $325. We were lucky, as a friends room was $430, and reeked of carpet spray. Worst place we have ever stayed at in the wine country!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank skierski
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

We are sorry that the age of our building was a little off-putting to you; many of our guests like the charm that our property has. We are sorry that your room was not available for you at check-in time, and we apologize for the delay that this caused you. We are truly disappointed that you had such a poor impression of the cleanliness of our hotel, and we apologize sincerely. We will discuss your review together as a team, and we will formulate a plan to present our hotel in a better light. Thank you again for your review, we do hope that you might consider staying with us again in the future - we would love for you to have a totally different experience on your next visit. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I work for a reputable helicopter company that was trying to find rooms to put out the big fires in the area. No rooms anywhere around were available due to the extensive evacuations near by. This hotel was the only one left to get rooms in and their is a reason for that. The front desk lady was rude not helpful and could not help you with anything. She can not multi task or help you with anything due to her manager micro-managing. He is even more rude and even less of a reasonable human being. He flat out lied to me on the phone.

The room when I checked in was double booked and they had to move the other person in to a different room. When I got to the room it had not been cleaned the bed was unmade the towels were on the floor the tub did not drain so there was sand and blood in the bottom of the shower and the sink did not drain. The floor was stained and the room smelled like puke. I went down to the front desk to try and get a different room and they said they were sold out. So I asked for someone to clean the room and the lady at the desk said there was no one to help me. If I had not been evacuated from the other hotel the night before I would have just slept in my car but was tired and needed a place to lay my head. I asked for clean sheets and some cleaner and the front desk lady was nice enough to come change the sheets at least and left me with cleaner so I could clean my own room. I washed the blood and dirt out of the tub and made it through the first night. We had booked for a week due to the extended work we need to do on the terrible fire in the area. The next day I called and asked that the room get a full clean the said they would do it. When I got back the next night the tub was still dirty the sheets had not been changed again... (I know this because the sheets the desk lady had put on were two top sheets no fitted bottom and there was a stain on the one side which was the same when I got back for night 2) We searched around and found some rooms after they started letting evacuations back in to the area that were closer to work. We tried to cancel and they said we could not. I talked to the front desk, who blamed it on a third party booking company for the reservation. I called the third party to try and cancel and they said it was up to the hotel who said no. I called the hotel and talk to the manager directly who said it was not possible because he could not fill the rooms. I know that's not true because it was booked full by the power company who has moved in to try and fix the burned up power lines. When I mentioned that to the manager he lied to me and said he did not have any power company people staying at his facility. I know that's a lie because I talked with them in the morning about jobs we have done for the power company and the guys know our pilots.

IN SHORT:
The rooms are not secure due to broken key locks on the stair way doors
The pool is closed due to filth.
the Stairs are filthy
the elevator is sketchy.
The rooms are filthy
the staff is minimally helpful if at all.
Do not book longer then you may stay because they will not refund.
Rooms are way way over priced.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel or sleep on the street.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 991hans
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. We are extremely disappointed at your comments, and we apologize profusely for the experience that you had. We are taking all of your comments very seriously, and we are going to thoroughly investigate each aspect of your stay. We will endeavor to ensure that future guests have a much better stay with us. Thank you again for your comprehensive feedback. Best wishes, Hotel Management

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Horrendous stay start to finish. Horrible RUDE staff at check in. Could not care less about customers. On day 2 I had a valuable vintage gold ring STOLEN from the room. Manager could not care less and insinuated my parents who were travelling with us had taken the ring! POLICE report filed. DO NOT STAY HERE. Terrible dirty hovel of a motel and the manger made it a disaster of a trip.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Hdpup
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I can't stress enough how bad of a decision booking this hotel was. My wife and I made a wedding block reservation at this hotel for the weekend before September 18th, and there is a laundry list of things that were frustrating, dirty, or just straight up awful customer service.

1) First off, the months leading up to our wedding, I tried to confirm the reservations in our wedding block multiple times, but the staff there has no idea how to take reservations. The only person who can take reservations or has access to reservation information is Gary, and there were multiple reservations that did not stick, and there were multiple alterations to reservations that never were changed. This resulted in many of our guests being charged up to double the amount they were supposed to on their credit cards after their stays had finished. We personally changed our original 4 night reservation to a 2 night reservation months before the weekend and were still charged for 4 nights, and I had to get on the phone with the hotel multiple times (because the only person capable of doing anything is Gary and he's barely in the office) during my honeymoon to get the charge sorted.

2) When we first created our wedding block with 3 Palms almost a year before our dates, we were told that there were a couple of rooms that had 2 queen size beds in them. This was great news for us because we had some travelers who wanted to save a little money and have a couple more roommates to save. We had two reservations (perhaps more) all set and confirmed for these rooms, only to find out later on that neither of them had stuck. The reservations were made with employees other than Gary, and then when we tried to confirm them with Gary close to the wedding date, he acted flabbergasted and said that those rooms were already booked by other people. This left a few of our guests to scramble to find another affordable housing option a month or two before our wedding weekend. (Our dates were during the Napa crush, so almost everything was already book) Later on, when we got to the hotel and asked an employee about these mythical 2 queen bed rooms, we were told that they don’t even exist.

3) Most of the other reviews already talk about how dirty the hotel is. The level of cleanliness was somewhat expected on our part because of the reviews – many of our guests reported bugs, the linens/towels were suspect, and there were strange smells everywhere - but what was most frustrating is that our bathroom door handle did not work at all, so there was very little privacy to be had. We also didn't have any shampoo in the bathroom and had to request it later.

4) While checking in, I was unable to check-in without my wife-to-be because her name was under the reservation. This was despite the fact that both of our names were on the name of the overall wedding block reservation and I had talked with Gary multiple times on the phone. In order to check-in, I had to call my wife and have her verbally confirm the reservation. Because my wife had been out on a wine tour for her bachelorette party at that time, her sister answered the phone and pretended to be her. This "security check" was sufficient enough for me to check-in. However, when I gave my credit card to have on file for the room, Gary ran my card and then told me that my card was declined. I was surprised because I had just used it earlier in the day, but then he told me that he was just kidding. This is the type of customer service you should expect there.

5) One of our guests who couldn’t make it to the wedding canceled their reservation a little over a week before their book at the “hotel”. Weeks later, he finds that he had been charged for two nights despite the canceled booking. This week, he tried to get on the phone with Gary to sort out the confusion, but was only met with rudeness and a complete lack of transparency or customer service. Regardless of the hotel’s cancellation policy, our friend was told by an employee at 3 Palms that his cancellation was confirmed and that there would be no penalty, only to find a charge show up on his credit card later on. Remember that this is the second time there were dishonest credit card charges show up on our guests statements that at the very BEST could be chalked up being disorganized.

6) Last but not least, there were multiple ladies of the night who like to set up shop in multiple rooms of the top floor of this “hotel”. This is NOT a place for children.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, a 3 Palms Boutique Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Alex, We appreciate your very detailed review, thank you. We very much appreciate you and your wife choosing to stay with us during the important period of your wedding celebrations, and we are most disappointed to hear of your overall experience. The entire reservation process sounds as if it was disjointed and disorganized, and we apologize profusely for the inconvenience and stress that this caused you at this busy and exciting time for you. We are very sorry that your stay, and your guests' stays were not smooth and seamless, and for the poor impression that you got of our hotel. Please rest assured that this is not the normal experience at all, and we will ensure that all of our reservations and front desk staff are trained to deal with group reservations in a more appropriate and professional manner. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and we would like to wish you and your wife many years of health and happiness together. Best wishes, Hotel Management