We arrived for a two-night stay and captured a river view room with balcony which was delightful. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet although on occasion we heard water running from the upper floor but it was not at all an issue. We could watch the Wine Train on the tracks across the river which was an added treat. The breakfasts from Sweetie Pie's were delightful with a nice selection to choose from, and both mornings they were delivered on time by a very friendly and gracious staff member. My only disappointment was with the yogurt parfait which I ordered on the side. The yogurt was standard Greek yogurt and the granola had very little sweetness, making it a rather bland and very tart parfait. But all of our other choices were well prepared and tasty.
We were able to walk to the downtown Napa areas where we enjoyed meals at Norman Rose Tavern and Ristorante Allegria. It was nice to feel vitality from some segments of the downtown area as Napa continues to build on their renaissance and restoration. It would be nice to have more shops open, but the lovely wine and craft fair on Saturday was a pure delight! I found several treasures on Saturday and everyone was very pleasant and helpful.
Our Wine Train excursion was on Friday with friends, and it was a convenient drive from the Napa River Inn to the train station. Overall, we had a lovely experience and we will certainly recommend this hotel to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa! Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country. Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA