“Lovely Hotel”

Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was in a prime spot for our Napa adventure. It was a splurge for us, and we were traveling with our three year old, but in the end it was nice to have a central location. Very close to wine tasting rooms and lots of good restaurats. I have two small complaints (well three actually): the fist is that we were located in a separate building from the main hotel, which just didn't seem a luxurious to me...but that's just my perception having not seen any of the rooms in the main hotel. The second complaint was that the breakfast that was delivered by Sweetie Pies on the first morning was terrible! The toasted bagel with cream cheese I ordered separately for my daughter was burned (and cold), and the fruit cup that I ordered was literally one strawberry, 3 blueberries and 3 pieces of melon. The next morning, we had forgot to put our selection on the door knob the night before, so we went down to the actual bakery to eat and it was much better fresh. I would recommend the egg sandwich over the fruit cup!
My last comment is regarding the toiletries they provide in the rooms. While they may be luxorious - I doubt there is anything "organic" about them. The also have such an over powering sent that they actually gave me a headache even though I didn't actually use them. I am very scent sensitive, so i realize these things bother me more than it would another person. I would normally just asked housekeeping to take them away - but they were attached to the inside of the shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GreenGirl2013

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Love this hotel. My daughter and I stayed here last year (2012) and liked it so much we decided to stay there again this year. We plan to return next year and will stay here again. Excellent location and excellent service. Rooms are extremely nice. Walking distance to great restaurants, wine tasting rooms and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My reservation is not until next month but I am so impressed with the customized service. We are going to be there for Taste of Napa. I needed some assistance getting tickets and tweaking my reservation to include 3 tickets for the Culinary Stroll Wednesday night. The women in charge there made calls on my behalf and their attitude of finding answers/information is 5 star. My parents usually stay at the Westin in Napa but I talked them into trying somewhere new. Can't wait to stay with you. Thank you for having such a YES approach. See you soon.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is in a great location right in the center of town. It is in walking distance to most everything you could want to do in Napa. The property is beautiful and well kept. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. My wife and I enjoyed our stay but found the rooms to be a little noisy. We stayed on the first floor and could hear other guest walking above our room. We brought this noise issue up to the front desk and they assured us that the issue was being fixed and they were installing new thicker carpets. We hope to visit again to check on the improvements.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were referred to the Napa River Inn by the Tourist Information right next door after we have been told that there are no possebilities to stay at a winery, which we had initially planned (dont drink and drive!).

At check in you are welcome with the choice of a glass of red or white wine.

The rooms are clean and functional with everything in them what you need for a night. The room comes with free breakfast either in-room or at the bakery right next door, which is an excellent choice.

Plenty of good restaurants in walking distance and also the free parking is a big plus considering that you have to budget up to 50,- USD for overnight parking in SFO.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

all cozied up near the fire, a great blend of food and drinks.
the wine was pouring and the night was so fun with friends.
we loved that there were so many choices to choose from.
we were resting up, but hard to do, with all of our wine choices.
we were on our way East and wanted some down time.
we will return

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our first trip to Napa..Excellent location, walking distance to restaurants and many wine bars. Concierge was very friendly, room was good size and very clean. Parking included which was nice and in-room breakfast a nice touch as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley

Been to Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill? Share your experiences!