We stayed at the Napa River Inn for 4 nights in early October, using it as a base for our time in the wine country. Though it is comparatively new and not among the inns that are touted as the best in the area (all of which were unavailable when we were booking), this was a great alternative: the accommodation and amenities are very good.
We had a room upstairs and on the corner of the Embacadero wing which was large and well laid out. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room had an air-conditioning unit that was a little loud at times but was very effective. There was good room to work at and a dressing area separate from the bathroom. The one negative was that the very small double doors into the bathroom were liable to catch you coming and going and during our stay one of the door handles remained hanging by one screw even though the daily maid service must have seen the need for repair. The room was just over the hall from a shared outdoor landing that allowed a view over the river to the station from which the Napa Wine Train left each day.
The Inn is superbly placed to see old Napa township which has some very interesting shopping options and lovely Victorian villas in surrounding streets, which have been very well restored. Access to the main highway north into the valley was very simple and straightforward. We also crossed the river several time to explore the town further afield. The River Inn could not be better placed to allow this.
We were very glad of the assistance of the Inn's Concierge who could not have been more obliging. We had left New Zealand without finalizing bookings for the wine tours we wanted to undertake. Our concierge was able to finalize the booking even though we had no luck trying to do so on line - we were very grateful for her help.
The Inn is adjacent to 3 eateries - a place called "Sweetie Pies", which provides the Inn's inclusive breakfast option through a voucher system. We weren't particularly impressed with this at our first try and opted to breakfast next at the Napa General Store cafe which was a much better option. Thirdly there is the restaurant Angele which is very good.
We would recommend this as a place to stay in Napa and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa! Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country. Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA