Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is perfectly located in revitalized Downtown Napa's Riverfront District. The location is a great launching ground for day trips to the North, or over to Sonoma. I have always stayed in Yountville, or Sonoma, so this was a first. Though you can't compare downtown Napa to the charms of small town Yountville, or lovely St. Helena, it was fun to experience their renaissance. There are restaurants at your doorstep, including Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant Morimoto Napa. You are also within walking distance to the Oxbow Public Market, my favorite place to visit in downtown.
Our group had 8 rooms so we were able to experience just about every room type available. There is a substantial difference between the Embarcadero building rooms and the Plaza building rooms. The Plaza building is light and bright with updated rooms. My Plaza Deluxe room had a river view balcony. a king bed and a fireplace. The Embarcadero building has dark walls, dark carpet and feels historic, if not a tad bit dated. All rooms enjoy free WiFi. Guests are treated to in-room breakfast of pastries, coffee (or juice) and a breakfast sandwich or fruit. You can also purchase additions to your breakfast.
The front desk was efficient and nice, but not very knowledgeable when asked for dining advice in downtown. During our three night stay I only saw the concierge one time.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa! Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country. Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA