“Great hotel with sub par spa.”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel with sub par spa.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Was surprised with a stay here for my birthday. I believe we used Marriott points so as to price I can not comment but it is a GREAT value, regardless. Upon arrival our room was not available for early check in, but after a 5 hour flight I needed to freshen up, I was offered the spa amenities to freshen up. That was much welcomed a quick shower and I was ready to go. It is easily accessed from the highway. The grounds were immaculate. We ate in the bistro area in the lobby the food was good. In the evening they were offering samples of wine. (Score!) There is a great outdoor space to lounge and view the valley. Our room was fantastic, small issue with tv was fixed immediately.
The spa-- hmmm. I was disappointed in difficulty scheduling a speciality service. Wanted to have regular shower not Vichy, they almost refused that option. I wish they would have. The wrap and massage we stated late after I arrived 45 minutes early. They seemed rushed. It was not relaxing. I would not use spa services again but I would stay here without a doubt. Coming from the east coast the air smelled of grapes, it was so awesome! The staff in the hotel went above and beyond to make my birthday special!

• Stayed October 2012
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We really appreciate the fact that you chose to use your hard earned Marriott Rewards points to stay with us in March. And a very belated Happy Birthday! I have shared your comments with our Spa Director and both of us apprciate your candor about your experience there. We know that a spa experience should be relaxing, and your comments will help us to educate our team about the importance of that fact. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Napa Valley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I must admit that I am a Hilton girl at heart, however, the Napa Valley Marriott exceeded my expectations. I read other reviews and do NOT understand why this hotel would not get anything but stellar reviews! You get FREE wine tasting EVERYDAY from 5pm-6pm in the lobby. Did I say free?? YES, I did. So even if you are there on business and can't get away to a winery, the winery comes to you! One day I experienced Cakebread and the next Grgrich wined.

The staff was so nice and friendly. Not only to me, I saw them interact with everyone who came in the front door or passed by the concierge. The drinks may be a little pricey, but they are well worth it! The atmosphere was very lively as there was a birthday party in the bar.

The rooms are very nice and modern. I had no trouble accessing the internet and the room was very functional. Yes, the hotel is only two floors and both courtyards are nice and inviting.

I can not wait to go back and enjoy the hotel and surrounding areas again. Thank you Napa Valley for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: If you are not a Marriott Rewards member, pay a little extra for the VIP Lounge! It's worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joyilous
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Joy, you made our team's day! I think I might just hire you for our marketing department. We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our beloved property. Have a wonderful day and an amazing Spring.
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The lobby is very nice. Decent pool area. But be advised if you are coming here for a wine country ambiance/feeling, you'll be quite disappointed. The hotel overlooks the freeway, which you can look across to the Trader Joes, Hardware Store, and Target. Coming in to the hotel, you'll come by a Chevron on the corner. None of this is the hotel's fault, and may not bother you at all, but if you wanted a charming spot for a getaway (perhaps with spouse), hearts would sink upon driving up to this hotel. It would be fine (maybe great) for business in this area, and rates are quite reasonable compared to the real wine country places...of course, that's what you'd expect.

Room Tip: Ask to be in back, away from the freeway and noisy fountain.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ryans69
Thank you for review of our hotel Ryan. This end of the Napa Valley has definitely grown up around us, and we appreciate your comments. Our goal is to be home base for your Napa Valley adventures, and our location allows for immediate access to a plethora of conveniences. Have a wonderful Spring and thank you for loving the Napa Valley as much as we do!
Withernsea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Didn't have a particular good 2 nights stay as our room was 3 doors away from a main entrance and many guests seemed to be completely oblivious to keeping quiet when coming in by loud talking and constant slamming of the door which carried on until 2am and started around 6am.... Avoid any room near the entrance! Hotel itself was nicely presented and we did eat first night in their and it was good quality but slightly pricey with the drinks. Disappointed that wifi was not free in the rooms but was in the lobby... Really doesn't make sense at all.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback Sam. This information is critical for our team, and we will look at creative ways to mitigate main lobby noise near the guest rooms that you mention in your review. We certainly hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future, and please know that we will do everything we can to ensure that you have a quality nights sleep when you visit us again. Have a wonderful Spring and thank you.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at the Napa Valley Marriott as it was Race Headquarters for the Napa Marathon. We couldn't have been more pleased. The service from the front desk and manager was perfect. We ate in the restaurant/bar and had a thoroughly delightful time, and the race expo and seminars were so convenient. We would certainly return.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked trees in a quiet courtyard--perfect.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We are so proud to be Race Headquarters for the great Napa Valley Marathon! Thank you for your kind review, and we look forward to seeing you next year.
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

was not what I expected from a Marriott, especially a high category Marriott.

Hotel was only two floors and in a square type format with a large court yard in the middle. Hotel is right off the 29 freeway.

Staff was friendly and food was good. Granted you aren't going to Napa to stay in the hotel the whole time, but I wouldn't stay here again, it didn't meat my expectations.

We paid extra for the concierge floor, which was a room off the side of the lobby, was a bit of a hike from our room.

Bed was comfy, bathroom was small and overall our stay was nice. Next time I will splurge a bit more to be closer to downtown, and somewhere a bit more luxurious.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sierra S
Todd I, Director of Sales at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to talk about your visit to our hotel Sierra. The Napa Valley has definitely grown to an extraordinary wonderland of wine since our debut 35 years back. We like to think of ourselves as the place you can count on for extraordinary service in this legendary destination. Please let us know if we can be of assistance planning your next trip to the area, because regardless of where you end up sleeping- we believe our team is the best at pairing visitors with memorable adventures in the Napa Valley.
Hilo, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Staff was ok. Rooms were nice. Lobby and pool was really nice. Drinks were way to expensive and the bar tender was coversationliss. Room price was decent. I would stay again but bring my own wine and beer. Also front desk agents were far from nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S C
Thank you for alerting us to your mediocre experience at our hotel SC. This is unacceptable to our team, because we believe that all of our guests should leave the Napa Valley Marriott with that "wow" glow that only comes from the extraordinary. Your comments give us fuel for our drive to always improve on our hotel in every way. Thank you and have a wonderful Spring!