“Enjoyable”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of March. Easy to find, plenty of free parking. Room had all the normal amenities and was clean and tidy. As a gold member had access to concierge lounge, enjoyed the wine tasting on Sunday night, nimbles meant that I didn't need dinner. The bar area is good with nice staff and good service. Dave the batman in particular was very good, friendly and efficient.enjoyed the grilled chicken sandwich so much I had two days in a row. Fitness centre and spa was excellent. Only downside is that its a little away from the centre of Napa itself but a taxi sorts this out. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
This is the kind of review we love to read out loud at our daily standup meetings! Our entire team appreciates you taking the time to review your experience with us Andrew. Cheers to you from Dave and the entire crew at the Napa Marriott!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I had a quick trip to Napa in March and found myself at the Napa Valley Marriott. I was very happy with the look of the property. It has clearly been renovated and the lobby and courtyards were beautiful. I was surprised to find that there was wine tasting every night in lobby and each night a different local vineyard was featured. I was on the club floor and I absolutely recommend the upgrade. As a business traveler, I find that sometimes the club lounge breakfast is stale and typical 'hotel' food. I was incredibly happy with the wide arrange of food and the fact that it changed each day. I was able to find healthy items but was also able to indulge when I wanted. I have never been to Napa before and when I needed some assistance with finding the right spots to go, Blossom was AMAZING. She asked me what I wanted and provided me so many different options but also gave me her personal favorites. Turns out, her personal favorites were absolutely phenominal and I really got an amazing and unique night out. I would easily book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for talking about the culinary offering we place in our club lounge daily. We pride ourselves on using local ingredients, and often you will find dishes created from our very own onsite vegetable garden on display. Also, a big thank you for your comments on Blossom, our superstar up front. She is representative of our service culture, and I will be sure to share your feedback with her. All our best and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Napa Valley.
pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is an older hotel however the rooms are in good shape and the bathrooms look updated. We were on the first floor a few doors down from the lobby facing the courtyard. The lobby was nice and had a happy hour featuring a local winery which was nice. We asked about a restaurant we wanted to try near the hotel and if we needed our car which they said no it was walkable, well it was a very long walk and you had to cross over the busy highway so the advice was questionable. The concierge in the morning though was very helpful pointing us in the right direction for the type of wineries we wanted to try. Breakfast was ok we opted to have it at the hotel which was probably not the best idea, I am sure there is much better in the Napa area but it was convenient.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room as far from the lobby as possible, noise travels and travelers passing talk...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As a Top Contributor to Tripadvisor, we sincerely value your feedback and firsthand knowledge of all that goes into traveling. I have shared your comments with our leadership team and we are all exploring ways to make the guest experience even better. Thank you and have a wonderful Spring!
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Beautiful property and amazing food and service not to mention the wine! We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Napa Valley! We loved our room and the comfortable beds, the restaurant was excellent and the front desk service was very helpfull.

Room Tip: Make sure and use the spa as well.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Food, Service and Wine (but not necessarily in that order). We love your review and are so happy you chose to stay with us! Have a wonderful Spring and we will see you the next time you are in wine country.
Mississippi
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I read several negative reviews about this hotel before I booked it, but I do not regret this choice. We had a very good stay. The hotel in easily accessible from the highway, and I realize that may be a negative for some, but it worked for us. The staff was smooth and efficient; check-in was a breeze. There have been reviews that discussed noise level, but we heard nothing in our room from the hall or outside. We were in an outside hall room; in fact there was a sliding door to parking that made unloading and loading the car an easy task. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I cannot speak to the quality there. The lobby was very relaxing; we waited for our wine tour several minutes there, and it was cozy and quiet. The hotel is near the outlet mall, which was a disappointment, and a grocery store and a Target. There are several restaurants near there as well. We drove up to Yountville for dinner, and it was a 10-minute drive.. As far as the cleanliness and maintenance issues mentioned by other reviewers, our room was clean, and we observed that there was a bevy of spring-cleaning activities. It is not the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed in, but I found it to meet our needs on every level.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Shawn M, General Manager at Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We were so excited to receive your amazing review! As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor, we really value your opinion, and thank you so much for your constructive comments about our beloved hotel. Thank you from the entire team here at the Napa Marriott, and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Napa Valley.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel is in need of repair or just good maintenance, the cleaning staff is pleasant but either untrained or unsupervised. The room was dirty and it did not get much cleaner throughout our three night stay. The food was average beyond beleif and the atmosphere of the Hotel that of an Airport Motel. All in all - to be avoided.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RaiDoc
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do expect more from our associates, and in fact focus on the creation of a "do more" culture that we obviously failed to deliver to you during your stay. I can see by your comments that our housekeeping department created a frustrating environment for you, and for that I sincerely apologize. I take full responsibility for your experience with us, and promise to use your comments to create a better environment for all of our guests. Thank you and safe travels.
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed there the night of 03/23/13. We checked into room 2000. Right away some 'easy' music was playing outside over the speakers on the ground level. The music wasn't good although soft but loud enough to be disturbing. We were told it would be done by 8PM so we dealt with it.

We turned in around 10PM. Around 11 I woke up to some loud drunk laughing and yelling which came from again, the same outdoor fire pit. I waited a bit and called the front desk afraid they might woke up the rest of my family. It didn't quiet down, 20 minutes later my husband who is a sound sleeper woke up, too. He called, and were told it would be taken care of. 15 minutes later, now the noise even awoke my teenager. We called for the 3rd time, didn't get much of apology and they got into a bit of heated discussion. The night manager (by the way refused to give his name) even managed to upset my husband who is usually a non-complainer.

Terrible experience, ruined the next day for all of because of lack of sleep. Although the room was nice and comfortable, the hotel policy/design was poor (designed to encourage drunks congregate late at night - area doesn't close until 1AM) and staff wasn't professional at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the outdoor fire pit or dining area, and away from the utilities.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank c c
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. As a light sleeper myself, I can relate to how frustrating and uncomfortable your stay with us must have been. Our goal is to ensure the ultimate comfort for all of our guests, and I apologize for failing you and your family in that regard. I have spoken directly with both the Night Manager and our Director of Food & Beverage about your experience, and assure you that your comments will directly result in a change in how we control sound in that area. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.