This was my 4th stay at the Napa Valley Marriott. I was assigned a room overlooking the Spa/Health Club (which seems to be the view I always get there.) The room was quiet, well maintained, and clean. It is a pretty typical Marriott room in terms of bedding and decor. Pleasant, but more in line with a typical business hotel than a wine country resort.
We arrived around 1:00 and the room wasn't ready yet, and we were allowed to check our luggage with the hotel. They said they'd call when the room was ready.
We went and visited with a friend in the area and returned around 4:30. I picked up the room keys and as I was walking to the room, they called to tell me the room was ready. Um, OK, thanks.
We had access to the concierge lounge due to my status, which is always nice. They seemed to keep things better stocked than I found on my last visit. As soon as we entered the first day, the concierge came up and introduced herself and let us know she was available if we needed any planning help. Frankly I always thought that was a little backwards--it seems that she should send an e-mail to all guests before they check in offering advance planning services. We didn't need help, as we were in town more to see friends than visit wineries.
Onto the near disaster. We had brought our own Riedel stemware with us. We had a bottle of wine in our room and the next morning I rinsed the glasses and left them on the counter in the bathroom. The two glasses that are always set up in the room prior to guests arrival hadn't been touched. Our stemware looks nothing like the stemware that the hotel provides--even in their bar/restaurant. As we were walking down the hall to our room, I noticed a pile of dishes outside our door. We had no dirty dishes in our room, which made this odd. Then I noticed two wine stems in the pile. I very quickly had a sinking feeling in my belly. I opened our door, looked at the bathroom counter, and realized they were MY expensive Riedel glasses sitting in a pile of dirty dishes in the hallway. Fortunately they weren't damaged.
I went to the front desk and explained to the very nice CSR what had happened. She seemed rather horrified and wanted to send up a bottle of wine or give us a credit. I told her that wasn't necessary as there was no damage, but I wanted to make her aware so she could pass it on to management in order to help better train the staff about taking guests belongings out of the room.
I took a star away because there shouldn't be dirty dishes from that morning in the hallway at 8:00 pm, and they obviously need to do a better job training housekeepers on touching guest belongings.
All in all a good stay, and I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, perfectly located at the gateway to legendary Napa Valley wine country, is the quintessential location for guests to enjoy an unforgettable getaway. The hotel features newly redesigned accommodations, fresh outdoor garden spaces, a luxurious resort-style swimming pool, and a full-service spa. The courtyard, with warmly lit fire pits and lush landscaping, provides the perfect spot for exciting al fresco events and a relaxing space to unwind. Within the lobby's modern setting is the renowned VINeleven restaurant, featuring contemporary American cuisine. A true garden-to-table experience, the ever-changing menu showcases ingredients plucked from the property's very own Heirloom Garden. Preserve Spa offers the perfect oasis for guests to experience pure tranquility and rejuvenation. Additional amenities include a fitness center, concierge services and more than 27,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel Napa
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Napa
- Napa Marriott
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa CA