Stayed here for the weekend as a base to explore the Napa Valley. It was fine! Had a basic room on the second floor out the back, overlooking the car park. I had decided to spend the extra on a driver and car to get me around. If view from the room mattered and you were prepared to spend a little more, I would ask for one overlooking the internal courtyard (pool) which is a lot nicer. The room airconditioning was effective but noisy. I ended up chilling the room of an evening and turning it (and the noisy room fridge) off at bed time. The hotel also sits opposite a train line, but traffic appeared to be rare when I was there. Beds were firmer and very comfortable. Room was of a good size (about 4 by 5 metres with separate bathroom), good sized desk. Breakfast was good, but a small area for what is quite a large area. This seemed to cause issues for groups, especially those arriving a little later in the morning.
Napa appears to be party central at this time of the year with hens parties in full swing. With ear plugs (and a glass of excellent cabernet) you can still sleep. The rooms are relatively sound proofed, but no walls alone quite block out the shrill of half a dozen girls partying. To get around the wine I used Napa Valley Wine Country Tours who were professional and easy to do business with. Liam was my driver and was superb, putting production and styles in context of European producers in a way that helped me make sense of what was on offer. Great way to spend a day in a beautiful area. Do get out early and savour the fog in the valley at this time of the year. Made me think that ballooning above it would be spectacular.
Dining in the area is very busy, you should seriously consider booking in advance. Despite this the concierge at the Mariott was helpful and managed to find places at short notice that were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, perfectly located at the gateway to legendary Napa Valley wine country, is the quintessential location for guests to enjoy an unforgettable getaway. The hotel features newly redesigned accommodations, fresh outdoor garden spaces, a luxurious resort-style swimming pool, and a full-service spa. The courtyard, with warmly lit fire pits and lush landscaping, provides the perfect spot for exciting al fresco events and a relaxing space to unwind. Within the lobby's modern setting is the renowned VINeleven restaurant, featuring contemporary American cuisine. A true garden-to-table experience, the ever-changing menu showcases ingredients plucked from the property's very own Heirloom Garden. Preserve Spa offers the perfect oasis for guests to experience pure tranquility and rejuvenation. Additional amenities include a fitness center, concierge services and more than 27,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel Napa
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Napa
- Napa Marriott
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa CA