“Good choice for Napa, but eat somewhere else”

Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We picked the Marriott as we were unfamiliar with the hotels in Napa and we got a good deal. We were pleasantly surprised - great location with easy access to the town of Napa as well as the vineyards. The concierge service was excellent and helped to plan our day with some great suggestions. Breakfast at the restaurant was pretty ordinary though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed 25 April 2010

Had a nice stay at this hotel recently. We were travelling with friends for a couple of days in Napa Valley and this was a nice clean comfortable hotel. Easy to find location minutes from the wineries and downtown Napa.

Nice professional hotel staff from front desk to the conceirge. Only negative is the high cost of internet access in business center, one of the highest I have seen at a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The good - The king bed was comfortable and roomy. The staff was friendly and helpful. They are going through a remodel, but I didn't notice any extra noise.
The bad - The breakfast in the morning was sufficient. The cocktail hour menu was just alright and the dessert bar was laughable and included popcorn and stale pretzels. The business center charges for everything. There is a concierge person who will do it for free, if they are there. The front desk lady was nice and helped me with my needs.
The spa - My husband surprised me by getting me a facial. While this was a wonderful surprise and the lady did a good job, it cost more than our room did with a bottle of wine included. I think what he paid for was the look of the spa than anything else. I would go elsewhere for a spa treatment. They were overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank aaronsangel
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The location is good because it's in Napa and close enough to downtown Napa and the wineries. For $150/night it was a good deal as most other places anywhere in Napa are about double the price. Staff was great and wine tasting at night was decent. The rooms were revamped and nice.

The only complaint I would have is that I could hear through the thin walls & door. I am not a light sleeper but you really can hear a lot through the walls, door, and ceiling. I was on the bottom floor, so not only could I hear talking, slamming of the doors, but also the heavy walkers upstairs. In terms of noise, I would give it 2.5 stars. For overall value I give it 4 stars just based on location versus price. I would also stay again for the same price but next time bring my ear plugs.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2010

My wife and I stayed for 5 days surrounding a professional meeting. The front desk and concierge staff were all eager to please and make our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are large, equipped with a safe and empty mini-fridge. The conference facilities were top notch. The gym was undergoing renovation, but still accessible. My wife enjoyed the spa and massage.
The hotel is nicely located for travel through the valley or to go to Sonoma. Very close to the hotel is a Whole foods, Trader Joes and inexpensive dining options.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Two valentines Ghiradelli chocolates on the bed for my wife and I!! We got this place on a STEAL for a Napa Valley high end hotel!!! If you work the CA or federal government, reserve directly through the Marriott website. I booked this 2 days before valentines day and by some miracle, we got it for less than $95!!!! We are members, so we did get free concierge access, so if you are a member and don't get it, it won't hurt to ask....

Great location, wine, service. Parking is tough since it's a wraparound parking lot, so if you don't mind walking, be back late. We didn't have the greatest experience in the restaurant on Valentines night, extremely slow service and understaffed for a "holiday" night, but otherwise, i would completely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

we stayed at the marriott, it was reasonable and close to everything, and of course clean and efficient.

Stayed: May 2008