“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
NJ
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

My girlfriend and I spent two nights in the hotel and really enjoyed ourselves. I booked the room through Amex Travel and it included a complimentary upgrade to the concierge wing and a bottle of wine. When I checked-in, the front desk failed to mention that they didn't have anything in the concierge wing available until after she handed me my keys but something would be available later on in the day. I told her I was just interested in the access to the concierge lounge (free food/drinks) and she gave me access to the lounge after looking at my reservation again. Note to all: print out your reservation confirmations if it includes any sort of deal/package.

The concierges that we dealt with were extremely helpful. They gave us directions and a few recommendations on places to wine taste and go for dinner. They really helped make the trip. Make sure you stay in a room with access to the concierge lounge. The breakfast and app. spread was very nice and access to the sodas and water all day long was great.

The room was recently remodeled (apparently it was newer than the concierge level) and was very spacious. It opened up onto a patio that looked out at the pool.

If you are looking to eat at the restaurant on-site, make sure you go to restaurant.com before hand. They have certificates for the restaurants there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Korean first
Cochabamba, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

My husband and I booked the Marriott from a deal offered on Travelzoo. We originally wanted to stay at a more remote, unique type of place, but we couldn't beat the deal...room was $109/night, plus 4 free wine tasting coupons at good wineries, plus discounted spa services. The room was really great...large, super comfortable king-size bed, nice shower, really nice bedding. Our only complaint was that there wasn't a mini-fridge. The location isn't great in terms of being in a cute place and we couldn't walk to downtown Napa or restaurants. The hotel is located off the main highway in Napa (traffic noise wasn't a problem at all), which is convenient to get to wineries but doesn't add much in the way of ambiance. That being sad, we were very close to several grocery stores (including Whole Foods) and coffee shops. What more? Concierge was helpful and my massage was well above average. Be sure to request Mercer as your masseuse.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

Good location, beautiful rooms and friendly staff. Close and convenient to everything.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We booked a concierge hotel room and had access to the lounge which I recommend taking advantage of. I have stayed at other Marriotts with access to the concierge lounge and this was far superior in terms of the food and drinks they had available. My parents were impressed but I told them if they stayed at other properties it was usually pretzels, popcorn, chips and veggie tray for food. They had roasted vegetables, chicken skewers, cheese, etc, more than typical fare. Also, they had complimentary wine in lounge and also hotel lobby where most places have cash bar. The pool area was very nice too. I think this hotel is a good value, especially if you book concierge level.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank peacepax
Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

We live in Napa and are going through a house renovation. We booked here for two nights before taking a holiday while house is being worked on. The staff couldn't be nicer. Lovely evening wine and appetizers. We had room service and the food was very good and NOT expensive (as far as Napa goes). Good Food...Very nice staff...lovely rooms. They appreciate your business..how great is that? This hotel is undergoing it's own renovation and they are doing their best to make your stay pleasant.

Folsom, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

I visited for a Saturday night and though the room was clean and nicely decorated the noise level in the hotel is out of control. if someone is in the hall and talks it is like they are in your room. We unfortunately had a very loud group of people on our floor. My brother and sister-in-law were on the bottom floor near check in and they had the same complaint. You would think that the people running check in would have told the people to quiet down but they didn't. I called the hotel the Monday after my stay and was passed to the managers voicemail and left him a message and he never called me back.....so I guess I won't be back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I had a really nice big room. I only paid $10/night more to be on the "Conceirge level". My co-worker was in a regular room and said it was so small he couldn't even walk around the bed.
The Conceirge card get's you free breakfast...lots of fruit, pastry, coffee, teas, oatmeal, toast and some egg dishes. Also free water and cokes all day long. Appetizers and wine in the evening and dessert at night. The room had someone working in it to keep everything clean and stocked all day. I was impressed.
Every staff member I encountered was very polite and friendly.

I opted for a room with two double beds instead of a King because I was in a hurry to check in. While the room was very large, especially the bathroom, the two beds were so tiny, I"m not sure they were even doubles. I'm pretty sure I slept so bad because I kept rolling out of bed...ha ha.

The conference room was nice and the staff kept the refreshments stocked.

you MUST eat at "Characters" , the BBQ restaurant in the hotel....i ate there everyday it was soooooooooooooooo good

There is a Target, World Market, Trader Joes, Starbucks, Whole Foods, and a book store, within walking distance.

My only complaint was the noise from the hallway...the doors slam SO loud, but I stuffed a towel under the door and was not bothered anymore.

The room had a mini fridge, but it didn't get very cold. (OK, i guess I had two complaints)
(three) I wish they had miccrowaves in the rooms

I'm not usually a Marriott stayer, but I would stay here again, Conceirge level of course

free parking