Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$406
US$341
Andaz Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$296
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$325
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$466
US$436
Wine Valley Lodge(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
Hotels.com
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$198
Orbitz.com
2,052 results
All reviewssweet potato wafflescookiesbed and breakfasthot tubdowntown napacoffee cakehard boiled eggsfresh fruitsmall hotelbest westernsexcellent breakfaststreet noisethe breakfast areamain buildingwine countryclose to downtownroom was large
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I'm not sure this should be classified as a hotel because it really isn't very big. This has more of a feel of a B&B but will all the privacy of your own hotel room. The breakfast was outstanding! Both young ladies that helped serve were extremely friendly. The small almond loaf (which was warm) was outstanding. My wife and I traveled with my sistern and her husband and she said the oatmeal bar was the best she has seen. If we ever go back to Napa we will definitely stay at this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Elm House Inn. It had more of a bed and breakfast feel than other properties we have stayed at. The room was cozy and comfortable with a fireplace to ward off the cold nights. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast in the mornings. The waffles were very good and there was plenty of fresh fruit offered daily which we especially enjoyed. The hotel is only a few minutes drive to downtown Napa and close to the main highway to the wineries. Although there is some traffic noise, we didn't find it too disruptive. The staff was friendly and most helpful. Given the high prices of lodging in Napa Valley, we were very pleased to find both an affordable and lovely property for our visit.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at Elm House Inn for 5 nights with my mother and my sister. The hotel stuff was very friendly, helpful and have lots of knowledge around the area. Breakfast was superb. Loved their Belgian waffle! I chose this hotel because of all the rave reviews and didn't regret it. However, there were several things I would like to point out about this hotel. Although the room was clean and cozy, I thought the mattress was not the best to sleep on. The other thing was noise level. Because this hotel was located at the busy street, expect to hear some traffic noise from outside especially when you stay at the ground level. The noise was bothering my mom and my sister and we found on the 3rd day that the both of our windows were 1/4 open. Did the cleaning lady open the window and forgot about closing it? It is not only noisy but also not safe! Luckily, nothing had happened to our belongings. Also, there was some dripping noise outside when it rained. (this problem was solved by the owner right away.)
Overall, this hotel was very cozy, homey, friendly place with reasonable price. If you want to have a cozy B&B feeling place to stay, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

As others have stated this feels more like an intimsate B&B than a hotel. The rooms are great! Tom and his staff make you feel welcome from check-in thru to check-out. Tom is the consumate inn-keeper calling his guests by name and showing real concern for their comfort and needs.

The breakfast is much more than the usual continental. We took ours on the outdoor patio which even in January was comfortable (with the patio heaters).

The chocolate chip cookies in late afternoon, are a nice treat! Grap them when you see them because the other guests snap them up.

I can not wait until we get to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in attached building have fireplaces.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at the Elm House Inn for two nights, March 29 & 30th of 2012. This was the second trip to Napa that my husband and I have taken, and we decided to go for more cozy, economical lodgings (last time we stayed at the Napa River Inn, you may read my review on its Trip Advisor page as well). After our sticker-shock at such places as Harvest Inn, etc. we settled on the Elm House. We were skeptical, it being a Best Western and us having had mixed experiences with those, however what convinced us was it's #1 rating on this site, and the raving reviews of the breakfast. Well, I'm not so sure I'd rate it quite as high as #1, but certainly above Napa River Inn--rooms are a tad small, decor and furnishings are dated--however the breakfast is truly fantastic. The ladies in the kitchen will gladly make you a Belgian waffle or toast any of the assorted breads for you. There are always hard-boiled eggs, fruit and usually yogurt and hot oatmeal (as well as coffee and juice) available. Best part, breakfast is complimentary (they have a small tip jar by the coffee, since they clean up your table for you) so load up and then head out to the wineries! If you keep in mind that this is more of a bed and breakfast, with a lived-in, homey feel, you will not be disappointed, especially for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple