“Very Nice Stay”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Elm House Inn. We felt very welcome by the owners and staff. Delicious chocolate chip cookies, cozy lobby. Nice spacious rooms, we stayed in the separate building on the 2nd floor. Clean and comfortable. I would go out of my way to stay here again. We came for a show at the Uptown Theatre which is close by. Breakfast was excellent. Don't be put off by the association with the Best Western chain. Anthony Melcouri from Hotel Impossible would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with this hotel, right down to the sanitized remote control in a special clean pouch. Great touches like walking us outside to point out our room at check in and escorting out the when we checked out. Try the sweet potato waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Elm house for two nights and would return in a heartbeat!!!. The moment we arrived we were greeted with a very warm welcome! Our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and great pillows. If we needed anything the reception staff were more than willing to assist us. From directions to advice on wine tasting or restaurants they were very helpful. The breakfast was wonderful complete with homemade waffles and fresh fruit salad!! The added touch of fresh baked cookies in the afternoon was lovely. It was very well situated for highway access or travel to the downtown area of Napa. We will be back!!

Room Tip: we liked the main floor just off of reception
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LorriJ
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had a lovely 3 night stay at the Elm House in in late January. The location is great (right near downtown Napa), the hotel itself is IMMACULATE and the staff is super helpful. Good breakfasts and good cookies in the evening! Gas fireplace was fun to have.

My only negative comment( and beyond the control of management) is that it is located on a busy intersection and woke up to the sound of pick up trucks each morning at 6AM. Guess we are light sleepers!

Would I stay here again- absolutely!

2  Thank LisaMD2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

stay in a Hotel that feels like a bed and breakfast but with a price that is like you would expect of a Comfort Inn. Beautiful hotel, comfy room with fireplace. Beautiful garden around the spa. Do not know what the three rooms in the courtyard cost but room 401 on 1st floor is the same size as 402 and 403 together upstairs. My view may not have been the best but when in wine country I never made it much past a chair or bed. Breakfast/buffet in the mourning had fresh baked mini-loaf muffins, and ingredients for the oatmeal, don't forget to ask for the sweet potato waffles. The hotel was 5 long blocks from downtown Napa, its a good walk depending on weather.

Room Tip: ask about rooms 401, 402, 403. But all rooms are good.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We just got back from an amazing weekend in Napa. We cannot say enough about the Elm House Inn. We felt like we were guests in someone's home. The staff and accommodations were beyond wonderful. We especially enjoyed the warm cookies and milk in the evenings. The homemade breakfast and hot tub were wonderful as well. We would HIGHLY recommend this quaint hotel to anyone staying in the Napa area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights and had an exceptional experience. The hotel was perfect. It was quiet, well maintained, and in a great location. We stayed in the suite over the office. The room was exceptional. The morning breakfast was terrific. The small courtyard was great. I would definitely stay here on our next visit. I will make one complaint. The room has a very loud heater/air conditioner. We turned it off at night because when it clicked on it was too loud. So I rated "Sleep Quality" as poor. Other than that I do not have any other issues with this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 2 February 2014

What a great stay at the ELM House Inn! I was surprised by how cute this place is, it is exactly what I was looking for my stay: a quiet small boutique like hotel, very warm ambiance, extremely clean room (cable tv), fantastic breakfast and most of all amazing staff. Parking is free and not away from hotel door, great free breakfast variety (breakfast is free...), fast and neat service.
I was worrying about the noise level since our room was by the breakfast buffet, but it seems that the people who are staying here understood really well the concept of this hotel: quiet . The eating area seems to be like a friendly living room, nice fire place and fine local decoration with a garnish of books and games.
The hotel is only 1/2 mile from downtown, safe walking distance.
Thank you Christina, Josephina (& I am sorry I can't remember the gentleman's name).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family