“Enjoyable one night stay.”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I were doing a day tour of Napa and arrived at BW Elm House early for a one night stay. We were warmly welcomed and told room wasnt ready but to come on in and enjoy the lobby and coffee/muffins etc while we waited for our tour bus to arrive.

After our long day of wine country touring, we arrived back at 5:00 were once again, warmly greeted and our king bedroom was ready. We asked about restaurants suggestions and got a great recommendation for an Italian restaurant that was within walking distance-about 25 minute walk.

Upon entering the room, which was facing 2nd St on the ground floor, next to the breakfast area, it was HOT (A/C was turned off), room was clean and well furnished. We turned the A/C on and laid down for a nap. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. Noise from the street could be heard, but was drowned out a bit by the loud A/C unit. We dressed and heading out for dinner. When we were leaving, the sweet gal at the front desk asked if we got a fresh baked cookie, and we told her we didnt want to have one before dinner, she offered to save two of them for us! Wow, so kind!

After coming back from dinner, we were greeted with two warm chocolate chip cookies!! : =0). Our room was still quite warm even with A/C on full.

We had to leave by 7:30 to catch a flight home, so we werent able to fully utilize the breakfast offerings-we grabbed a banana, yogurt, bagel and coffee to take with us.

Overall, I liked the staff and the location, and would stay again if I get another good rate!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I never would have thought a Best Western would be this nice. It really is a small inn, like you would find in the country. Staff went above and beyond the call of duty in various areas, and room was well appointed. Free buffet breakfast with homemade muffins, fruit, and all the fixings, not like the prepackaged food in most "free" breakfasts where the waffle maker is beeping every five minutes. I almost don't want to write the review so the place stays a secret.

Room Tip: Away from reception, as that is where breakfast is...if you want to sleep in, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! We've been to many hotels since we travel frequently but
this place really felt like home. They have great staff, very good service and nice
breakfast in the morning. We met the owner, Tom, he was really accommodating and hard working. He actually pours coffee in the morning too ! We will definitely be coming back.
Only 1 minor thing, our Queen size bed was just a little too small for my husband and I. Wished
they had a KING.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place cannot be beat for value and service in the Napa Valley. We totally enjoyed our stay and appreciated the staff and service (the cookies were delicious)! If we could go back - say tomorrow - we would return in a heartbeat. And if our travels take us back to "The Valley" in the future, we will stay again. Thanks to everyone who works there....you are the best!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ok here is the good and the bad. We booked a king and upon arrival were given what we told was a queen cause they made a mistake. My guess they gave our room away for more dollars than our AARP and online booking got them. They told us they were going to take $75 off bill but it was still over a hundred bucks plus for the room they gave us. So not worth it. I asked if we could have a room with two beds and was told they had none and that this was it. Fourth of July eve so there was obviously nowhere else to stay, so we had no real choice or say in this. Already after 8 p.m. on arrival but I had called at 6 p.m. to let them know we were coming in a little later so it was not like they didn't know we were coming for sure. Outside was pretty building with nice décor inside. Staff were polite but so was I.
They had an elevator so that helped us be able to get to our upstairs room. Very hot in room upon entry but very clean, nicely appointed. Bed very small.Turned on A/C and it did work but sounded like a refer on a refrigerator truck when it clicked on. Noise from A/C helped drown out the street noise (they put us in the front of the building). The street out front was very loud ( I should have listened to the other reviewers on that one). Also our room was right at top of stairs so anyone coming up or going down were stomping right by us. Bed not only small but hard. ROCK hard. I am not kidding. Hardest bed I have ever lain on. I decided to sleep on floor to give my husband more room in bed so I folded up the bedspread (which I usually do not use or leave on the bed in motel rooms) and made a makeshift bed. The floor bed I made was about the same hardness as the actual bed.
Woke up super early and both of us were anxious to leave so we went down at 7 am but found no food out yet.We did get a cup of coffee. Back to room to find in the guest book that breakfast would be available at 7:30. We went down again at 7:30. Breakfast was nicely displayed. We were the first ones there to eat but in the big obvious clear tip bowl there was already $7 or $8 dollars in bills???
We had oatmeal and it was good. No toaster, so we had to have the staff toast our muffin for us. I did not want to eat the flavored Yoplait. A nice lady brought me a bowl of plain yogurt. I put some of the fresh fruit in it and would have liked a little granola but all they had were the standard cereal selection most hotels provide. They do supply a plate of assorted dried fruits and nuts if you like that. Coffee was ok but not anything special. We booked this place because it was ranked number one in Napa and I am just not seeing it. I guess I should of sprung and paid the big bucks in Yountville but had we gotten the room we reserved (pre discount) it was already over $200, so again I just don't get it. I thought it would be nicer as it was number one. Again, the hard bed thing just made it really bad.
I really felt that instead of cutting our rate and putting us in the worst room in the hotel it would have been much fairer to upgrade us and charge us the original rate we agreed too. This review is true and I am usually a very positive reviewer but I can't help to have noticed that they did not even seem full. When I walked out back by the Jacuzzi the rooms out there all looked dark and it was after 9 pm. I know they are not going to like this review but really for the price and the problems we had I just can't let this go by without an honest review for others to make an informed choice from. They will probably say we should have told them about the bed and the a/c but really why? We had already not gotten the room we booked and had been told that this was the room we were going to have albeit with a discount. So what was the point?

Room Tip: Go for number 2 or 3 on Trip Advisor or head to Yountville and pay a bit more. It will be worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terriccha46
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived to find our king reservation not available and downgraded to much smaller bed. They told us that nothing else available and they were taking $75 off our bill. Thanks. Bed front of building with two windows on busy street. The smaller bed VERY hard so I slept on floor. A/C super loud. My husband compared it to a truck reefer so it kind of drowned out road noise when running. Internet kept going out. Was very clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank terriccha46
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We just spent 5 wonderful nights here. We loved our room - very spacious and clean with everything we needed. Everyone who works here goes out of their way to be welcoming and make sure our needs are met. Very good breakfast in a warm spirited atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple