2,080 results
All reviewssweet potato wafflescookiesbed and breakfasthot tubdowntown napahard boiled eggsfresh fruitsmall hotelthe breakfast areamain buildingwine countryclose to downtownroad noiseroom was largeevery eveningbreakfast was excellentgreat place to stay
Reviewed 6 February 2010

The Elm House seemed a good fit for my wife and I, allowing us to treat ourselves without being too extravagant. We ended up in the 'best' room, in the rear building with an entrance from the small garden. We are quite pleased.

The room is a fairly standard "Best Western" room, decor-wise, but lately the Best Westerns we've been in have upped their game and this is no exception. Comfortable, durable, non-offensive furnishings, a moderately sized TV (with a typically bad/slow cable feed), and a comfortable bed with good pillows.

What sets this room apart (and the price is not much more than a standard in this small 22 room hybrid motel/B&B) is the extra-large room size and the MASSIVE bathroom and dressing closet, each with a sink. Add separate jacuzzi, walk in shower stall, toilet, and dressing areas and you get the point.

The breakfast is plentiful and varied, though not extraordinary, The orange bread was excellent, though, as was the coffee - a REAL plus for me. The crock-pot full of hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings is a nice touch also. Fresh cooked waffles make this a perfectly fine B&B style breakfast and increase the value of the room tremendously.

All in all this is a great place located an easy walk from all of the fancy Napa restaurants, yet just far enough away to be a bargain. The staff we've met have been helpful and friendly and we would definitely return here. If I could give it 4.5 stars I would, reserving the 5th star only for the truly transcendental experiences.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This is the place to stay in Napa, especially if you want to walk to downtown to walk off some of the good wine and food. The inn-keepers were just such a very nice family, from the son to the Father and Mom, just super-nice!!! We were in Napa for my long birthday weekend and it was such a wonderful first stop. Next time I will stay there longer as it feels like home and they have a wonderful breakfast, and every little detail is there from the cleanliness to the robes in the room. They could not have missed a thing!! I will stay there again, and highly recommend it. It can be very confusing as to where to stay, but they have earned my loyalty. Lovely fireplace in living room as well as beautiful courtyard and sitting area. I am not sure if I shosuld be sharing this as I may want it to be a secret. A plus is the outlet mall down the road.....

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Elm House Inn for two nights and were more than satisfied with all aspects of the Inn.

We were pleasantly surprised at how small and cozy this place is and also that we were upgraded to a king sized bed. The family that runs the hotel was very friendly and went out of their way to book us reservations for dinner and for a tour. They were always happy to make recommendations and had a great deal of knowledge on a variety of restaurants.

The fresh baked cookies and breads and hot apple cider were always appreciated in the early evening. The complimentary breakfast far exceeds the quality than a regular Best Western hotel.

We would never stay any place else in Napa!

Reviewed 2 February 2010

Having stayed at the Elm House Inn from 26th - 30th January we can easily understand how this accommodation is so highly rated on Tripadvisor.
The quality of all aspects viz hotel, room, staff and breakfast was second-to-none.
We had booked a room with king-size bed and we were delightfully surprised to be upgraded to a premium room which was superb.
The staff, from the time we arrived and throughtout our stay were courteous, considerate and helpful in all respects.
The quality of the fare for breakfast was wonderful, with so much of what was on offer freshly-cooked.
The location of the hotel was excellent being virtually adjacent to route 29.
For those feeling energetic it is about a 30 minute modest stroll to the centre of Napa. This we did several times and enjoyed it very much.

I can recommend this hotel unreservedly.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Even though Best Western mostly offers above average accommodation, none in my experience can match the Elm House Inn . What a treat! I agree wholeheartedly with all the positive comments about this hotel. On any future visits to Napa or even to places nearby there is no question where I will stay.. The restaurant " Angele" recommended by Connie is of an equally high standard. I feel fortunate to have found both.