2,080 results
All reviewssweet potato wafflescookiesbed and breakfasthot tubdowntown napahard boiled eggsfresh fruitsmall hotelthe breakfast areamain buildingwine countryclose to downtownroad noiseroom was largeevery eveningbreakfast was excellentgreat place to stay
Reviewed 1 March 2010

As you pull up it looks more like a bed and breakfast than a chain hotel. The service proved that as well. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist who gave us great tips on where to eat and where to start our wine tastings (and had 2 for 1 coupons to a few wineries)
We stayed in the room with a queen bed and fireplace. It was a quiet, standard room with a very comfortable bed. The fireplace was an nice bonus as well, especially in February.
As other travelers have mentioned, the breakfast was delicious. The waffles, fresh oatmeal, endless coffee, and homemade muffins and breads were delectable.
In the evenings the hotel staff serviced fresh cookies and hot cider which were very enjoyable.
Everyone at this hotel was incredibly warm and welcoming. My next trip to Napa will definitely include staying here.

Reviewed 25 February 2010

My husband and I couldn't go on a honeymoon immediately after the wedding, and scheduled it later this year. On our wedidng night and weekend we stayed here...and it was wonderful! The staff is absolutely great and makes you feel comfortable. The breakfast is great! Waffles, oatmeal, homemade bread mini loafs, cereal, and more! We were plenty full every morning and got to eat sitting right in front of the cozy fire. We were served by the owner and he was so nice! In the afternoon they have cider and cookies. The cookies are wonderful and it is a great treat! Our room was fairly ordinary...but when we wanted to relax, we went down and sat by the fire...so we didn't mind at all!

I would HIGHLY recommend the Elm House Inn...we couldn't have been happier!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We booked this accommodation after reading trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We arrived at 6.00pm, just as the fresh baked cookies and warm ginger ale was being served in the atrium. The smell was so inviting! Staff were very friendly and full of helpful information about the region. The room was very comfortable and well equipped, and the breakfast was a lovely spread of fresh options. Feels more like a homely B&B than part of a hotel chain. Would love to stay again if visiting the region

Reviewed 6 February 2010

The Elm House seemed a good fit for my wife and I, allowing us to treat ourselves without being too extravagant. We ended up in the 'best' room, in the rear building with an entrance from the small garden. We are quite pleased.

The room is a fairly standard "Best Western" room, decor-wise, but lately the Best Westerns we've been in have upped their game and this is no exception. Comfortable, durable, non-offensive furnishings, a moderately sized TV (with a typically bad/slow cable feed), and a comfortable bed with good pillows.

What sets this room apart (and the price is not much more than a standard in this small 22 room hybrid motel/B&B) is the extra-large room size and the MASSIVE bathroom and dressing closet, each with a sink. Add separate jacuzzi, walk in shower stall, toilet, and dressing areas and you get the point.

The breakfast is plentiful and varied, though not extraordinary, The orange bread was excellent, though, as was the coffee - a REAL plus for me. The crock-pot full of hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings is a nice touch also. Fresh cooked waffles make this a perfectly fine B&B style breakfast and increase the value of the room tremendously.

All in all this is a great place located an easy walk from all of the fancy Napa restaurants, yet just far enough away to be a bargain. The staff we've met have been helpful and friendly and we would definitely return here. If I could give it 4.5 stars I would, reserving the 5th star only for the truly transcendental experiences.

Reviewed 5 February 2010

This is the place to stay in Napa, especially if you want to walk to downtown to walk off some of the good wine and food. The inn-keepers were just such a very nice family, from the son to the Father and Mom, just super-nice!!! We were in Napa for my long birthday weekend and it was such a wonderful first stop. Next time I will stay there longer as it feels like home and they have a wonderful breakfast, and every little detail is there from the cleanliness to the robes in the room. They could not have missed a thing!! I will stay there again, and highly recommend it. It can be very confusing as to where to stay, but they have earned my loyalty. Lovely fireplace in living room as well as beautiful courtyard and sitting area. I am not sure if I shosuld be sharing this as I may want it to be a secret. A plus is the outlet mall down the road.....

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends