“Had such a great stay!”

Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 15 November 2006

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor, and once again I was not disappointed. I got one of the larger rooms, and when I walked in the door, it was literally like entering a Versailles sitting room.

The bed was huge and so soft, there was a nice-sized couch and desk, the TV was ample and there was even a fireplace and a couple chandeliers. The bathroom area included two separate rooms--one area with the sink and such, and then a door that led into the toilet and large jacuzzi tub.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful. They always had the perfect restaurant suggestion or directions when needed. And everyone wasn't kiddindg about those waffles. I never thought I'd rave about waffles, but they had the perfect consistency and were so yummy!

Since this is a smaller hotel, housekeeping was very attentive and I never ran into them still cleaning my room or experienced frustration at my room having not been cleaned yet.

When I read the earlier reviews, I expected the parking areas to be sorta scary, but they weren't bad at all. There are parking lots on either side of the hotel, so there's always enough room to find a parking place somewhere. (Although keep in mind that the lot on second street opens up to a one-way street, so you might have to make a couple extra turns if you want to end up back on California.)

I would definitely return to the Elm House Inn again!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Soriah
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Reviewed 11 October 2006

My wife and I had stayed at the Elm House Inn on several of our previous trips to Napa in years past, but as good as it was then, It has just gotten better!

They have added a new extra-deluxe wing, a conference center, a large, circular outdoor jacuzzi, all new landscaping, and garden sculptures to their facility. Everything is upgraded, new and deluxe. The rooms, furniture, baths and linens are especially beautiful and comfy. The lobby is like a fine club. And the free breakfast served every morning in the lobby is worthy of the finest inns in the world!

With only 22 rooms, and growing fame among visitors to the Napa Valley, you will need to book early, even in winter. But when you're among the fortunate priviledged few, you will sing their praises just as we do.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank donHeraldo
Reviewed 11 October 2006

We booked three nights at the Best Western Elm House in September 2006 after we read the reviews on this site. They were all accurate. This hotel is a beautiful converted house with spacious rooms, excellent service and a great location from which to explore both Napa and Sonoma valleys. The breakfast waffles have already been described in detail by other reviewers but they really were something else, and my wife and I still miss them now!

The staff are all very attentive and friendly, and provided lots of useful information regarding the area. The massive file of restaurant menus that they hold proved very useful in deciding our dining options each night, and the internet access in the dining area was a nice bonus.

We used the hot tub once, and this was heavenly, a well kept secret. The dining area also doubled as a relaxing rest area where fresh lemonade, iced tea and cookies were provided in the afternoon. It was just like relaxing in someone's lounge. Apparently there is also wine tasting at the weekends (we stayed Mon, Tue and Wed) so remember to time your stay better than us!

The only slight downside, and this wasn't the hotel's fault, was the round the clock construction work on the freeway intersection that started just after we arrived. At first we marvelled at the fact that work continued throughout the night to ensure a quick turnaround, but this soon turned to annoyance. Some guests were moved to other hotels, but we stuck it out. The owner did actually go and complain to City Hall and the level of noise did reduce slightly in the evenings. Jet lag meant that we weren't sleeping anyway!

We would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Napa.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sank
Reviewed 27 September 2006

I was recently in San Francisco on a business trip and my parents decided to join me for a trip to the Napa Valley. The reviews were so good that I decided to see if it lived up to the hype, and it did! The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice and big, and the staff was incredibly kind and helpful. The continental breakfast can't be beat and their location to downtown Napa is fantastic. For the money, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank Boston19
Reviewed 18 September 2006

All the reviews are true. Great location, great breakfast, comfortable beds. Not your typical Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
5  Thank WMC08
Reviewed 7 September 2006

From the minute we gals (3) stepped in we were treated like family. Very small, comfortable and homey. Great cocktail hour and breakfast. The front desk staff were very helpful.
Location good, easy access. Would definitely return. Trip Adviser comments were my deciding factor in booking this hotel and it worked for us.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank GrandmaRhino
Reviewed 6 September 2006

The Best Western Elms is terrific. Our room was easily the largest hotel room I've ever stayed in and it was beautifully decorated, had a fireplace, and a jacuzzi in the tub. Morning breakfast -- hard-boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, breads, homemade Belgian waffles -- was simple but right on the money. Afternoon goodies included a wine tasting with terrific appetizers and home-cured olives! These people and their staff understand the business of hospitality. I'd make this my go-to in Napa. Note: two rooms enter directly off the dining room and I'd try to avoid them (rms 104 and 105).

10  Thank Ms_Quilt