“A Dining Gem,Rediscovered!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Napa, California
“A Dining Gem,Rediscovered!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My Darling Judy and I live in the Napa Valley and have for a number of years enjoyed the wonderful dining experiences that are abundant and that the Napa Valley is, along with it's wines of course, famous for. With "Mothers Day" fast approaching I ask Judy where she would like to have Brunch on her "Day" thinking of course that it would be one of the resturants "Up Valley" as the locals say, when what to my amazement, she said she would enjoy going to the "Olive Tree Inn" it should be noted that although Judy had grown up going to this resturant it had been a very long time since she had dined there; at one moment in time, the "Olive Tree Inn" was the restaurant of choice (prom's, wedding dinners,etc.) for not only the locals, but for tourist as well. The "Olive Tree Inn" was previously at the beginning of the fabulous Silverado Trail which leads to the various winerys and its beautiful scenery/views now, due to the aspect that the "Olive Tree Inn" is in an area that has become business/comercial, you might think that it has lost some of it's previous charm; this is not so! Do not let the sounding area stop you from enjoying this wonderful dining experience!! The menu is varied, the food is VERY GOOD and plentiful (I've frequently observed the owners picking out fresh fruits and vegetables for the restuarant, at the Napa Farmers Market!!) the decour is warm and comfortable with added attraction of the accoustics being so that you may carry on a conversation at a normal level, and not have to shout over the other diners! Our server was "Christen" and she was very knowledgeable of the menu, as her suggestions were very helpful when we made our dining choices,and Christen was very friendly and courteous. I would like to do a "shout out" to all of the TOURIST that plan a trip to our "Grape" Napa Valley,especially those (like us) who have some "budget constaints" you will have very tasty dinner in a wonderful dinning room for LESS dollars than at any resturant "Up Valley". Will we return,ABSOLUTELY!! Oh yes, that is a real parrot in one of the trees above the patio/outdoor dining area. :)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Stonewall4evr

Colusa, California
“Warning!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Slow service! We ordered our drinks and the server never came back. 15 to 20 minutes later I stopped another server to ask her to please take our order. ( only 5 tables in the restaurant ) we had a concert to go to. We saw our original server helping ladies with purse and serving wine to a table that had just walked in. Probably regulars, guest here were in there mid 70 or 80. Decor outdated food was blaaaah . We left the lady over 20%tip for breaking a server rule by taking someone else's table but I'm glad she did. We were 10 min late for our concert :/

• Visited April 2014
Yountville, California
“A Charming Place that reminds me of Ollie Hammonds on Wilshire Boulevard, L.A.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This museum of Formal Dining was once highly visble out on Silverado Trail but the City has helped hide it with a Car Dealer, a Tire dealer, and a 4 lane business thorofare. Once in, the Restaurant is isolated from the businesses by a 6' high masonry wall. Onsite parking provided but expect overlfow onto the streets.
The charm of this place reappears at nighttime with a babbling fountain and soft ornamental lighting; reminding me of an evening in Naples, Italy. The grounds are lavish, visitors are jolted back to today's Napa when departing

The Owner will greet you politely, escort you to the Booth or Table you prefer and the first thing you will notice is the snowy white tablecloth and sparkling glassware. The menu list is interesting and a generous beverage selection. There is a Bar to the left, plenty of seating in there; they will serve entree's there as well. Plenty of Hard LIquor and Wine. Finally, there is a large banquet room for private and civic club meetings as well as large celebrations..

For what it is worth, this has been a "County Island" that has become surrounded by contrasting uses. The owner sticks to what he does best; the gentleman proprietor of a landmark establishment.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Maurice M
Leesvillle, SC
“Italian dining outside”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice fountain in the middle of the open dining area; it was strung with white lights -- good ambience. Waiter was nice and talkative; we shared a meal of linguine with chicken and ordered a bowl of soup. The cook gave us an extra portion so we had plenty of food even after sharing.

Visited October 2013
Oakley, California
“No Service”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Embassy Suites Napa for my birthday 4 nights and decided to go out to a late dinner Sunday night. The Olive Tree was recommended to us and it was one of the few that was open until 10pm. We arrived at 9:26, entered and was greeted by and older gentleman who stated he needed to check to see if we could be served. Really!? There were people seated in the restaurant. Anyway he returns and informs us they are closed! Online and the door clearly state you close at 10 pm. No problem we left. I called about 10 mins later asked hat time did the close and I was told 9:00. I called again on Tuesday because thy were closed on Monday asked for the mgr. he stated he was I skied for the hours and he stated if its not busy they close early. So you turn away customers?? Hmmmm anyway I will not return. You can go to better upscale restaurants such as Ruth Chris 30 mins to closing and be served and very courteously I might add and probably much better food. You customer service skills suck!

• Visited August 2013