“Trip of memories”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Maquoketa, Iowa
“Trip of memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I took a trip to go down memory lane. We lived in the San Diego area (Imperial Beach) more than 32 years ago (husband was in the US Navy). We wanted to go back to the area and visit. After much deliberation we decided to stay at this hotel in National City (not my husbands first choice as he remembered National City as being a rough area). We were amazed on how nice the area around the motel was. The room was amazing along with the breakfast area and check in area. Everything was so clean and very modern. But we both agree the best part of the Holiday Inn Express was the staff. Everyone we came into contact with were all so helpful and friendly. The one person who was the most amazing was Ashley. From the moment we met her she was amazing. We told her we were there to visit because we were in the Navy. She then told us about her husband (who is also serving his country right now). Ashley gave us amazing recommendations for eating and visiting different attractions in the San Diego area. She always had a smile on her face and greeted us no matter how busy she was. We wish we would have been able to tell her how much we appreciated all her help but she was not working when we checked out of the motel. We spent a wonderful three days visiting the area and what helped us to really enjoy our trip was to know that in the evening we had an amazing motel to stay at. We would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Signal Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I book travel arrangements for the company I work for. We are often in the San Diego area. We had a project near the Holiday Inn Express National City. I got in touch with the Sales Manager, Luis Borbon, to help with our last minute arrangements. He is the nicest guy. Luis had an account set up for us, with a good rate, and rooms reserved in no time. Our employees said the hotel is great. As business travelers they are wanting free breakfast, free internet, free parking, a comfortable bed and a clean place to stay. This hotel has all that, plus a friendly helpful staff and a convenient location.They requested that I book them rooms there in the future. I just want to thank the Sales Manager, Luis, for taking care of my corporate travelers with such joy and friendliness. I appreciate his professionalism and the special attention he continues to show us.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I went to San Diego to do a lot of the stuff that was by the water front ie Midway. Any way all the hotels in that area was pricey so they forced me to this one. I was skeptical but the hotel exceeded my expectations.

If you are driving it is perfect there are parking spaces out front. It is also right along the bus route and there is a Wal-Mart in walking distance. There is also a Chinese restaurant right next door, it was OK some may say great or amazing but I have high standards for my Chinese food.

The room was newly redone and was perfect. I did like how my room was on the second floor yet eye level with the neighborhood across the street.

I say rough around the edges because the rear exits are left open all night but there was camera everywhere in this hotel and over all I felt extremely safe.

When ever I am traveling I always look for Holiday Inns first because they offer a good night stay in a clean nice room for not a crazy amount of money.

Room Tip: If you don't want your room eye level with the street, ask for a room on the highest floor facin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JayR1984
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The location is good, 15 min to every where, downtown, Tijuana, The beaches, coronado, etc
Parking lot is save ans has walls allthe way arround.
the people from the desk attendant is very friendly, Brenda is one of them and she is very nice, give you good information and tell you what you can do on the city, she knows very good the area....if you go over ask for her.....

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I had a pleasant experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I checked in after midnight which was no problem at all. The breakfast was fine (cereal, pastries, oatmeal and eggs). The one downside was the fitness room, and it's the only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five. It seemed okay at first glance, but you'll soon notice some key things are missing. There's a hamper, but no towels. Not even sanitizer wipes. There's a water cooler, but no cups. There's a bench, but no free weights. The treadmill shook so badly when I was running on it that I literally couldn't keep my cell phone on it. (I'm 110 lbs. I can't imagine how it would react to 250 lbs+.) But, overall, a very good value.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Mireille at the desk was so friendly and helpful.... she gave me a heartily welcome!!!
the gym was good and the breakfast was enough for the day
all hotelfeatures seems new and in good order. would stay again...

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room was nice but the bathroom toilet maintainence was ??. When I reported the puddle of water and suprise slip and the fall onto my bum to the manager they responded that afternoon and fixed it. I asked about a claim form and was told there was none I could fill out for slipping in that water halfsleep in front of the toilet at 4AM and falling on my bum. I was surprised that when I got home my attorney told me I had to file in California! So, I guess I will be calling a California Attorney this week.

Room Tip: nice room on south side near vending machines
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 20 in Chula Vista
South Bay Inn
South Bay Inn
#6 of 20 in Chula Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City? Share your experiences!