I had to stay in this hotel only for its proximity to an event. I had 2 rooms, both had the same problems. Their bed frames have areas that are exposed with extreme "razor sharp" surfaces. On my 1st night as I was removing my slippers next to the bed, my foot rubbed gently next to the bed frame and cut my little toe deeply and left an uncontrollable flow of blood. I called the front desk who behaved like there was no urgency to check their guests room. I had to request a first aid kit, I also requested maintenance to follow up the following a. m. They didn't, I requested for the mngr. to see us, but only did after the last day and was arrogant instead of being helpful. Another member of the family cut their shin in the other room on the night before our departure, the response was equally passive.
This place only provided housekeeping in one of our rooms, but the room located in the end of the hallway did not get housekeeping. This hotel is being managed by an inexperienced individual and their poor management of their hotel reflects to some of the lower level staff.
The location is not desirable for families, in all 3 nights there were intoxicated people in the parking lot, when brought to their attention, still no security was seen at night and thought that this added to the hotels flair???
The average price per night is not worth it, if the breakfast is it's only selling point. The area is loaded with BF places, so one can stay in another place.
The Chula Vista location is far better than this place. They both serve BF, but the management is more attentive and is a child friendly location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the smoke-free Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - National City and enjoy our complete renovation that will "awe" you. We are conveniently located off I-805 and are within minutes from San Diego's biggest attractions. We provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free parking, business center, fitness room, an outdoor heated pool and whirlpool. A host of amenities such as plush new bedding, 37" LCD television with cable channels, free wireless internet, refrigerator, and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Bay Hotel National City
- Comfort Inn National City
- National City Comfort Inn