“Never Again”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Mesa, Arizona
“Never Again”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was tired and the motel didn't look very busy only a few cars in the parking lot. When I went into the office there was an older east indian man behind the counter I asked room rates and couldn't understand what he was saying. I went head and took the room for 45.00 for 1 person. After the paperwork was done I tried asking a few more questions, and when I couldn't comprehend what he was trying to tell me he started acting a little mad so I walked out. When I entered the room it had a smell of damp wet carpet and the phone wouldn't work when I tried calling for Pizza delivery. So I went back to the office to ask about the smell and the phone, when I walked out of my room there were 3 police officers going into the room upstairs on the end. I was thinking that I might have made a mistake stopping here, I prayed I would be safe. So the older man was very short with me and kept saying no smell no smell, and dial 9 phone good. So by this time I just gave up and went back to my room, turned on the air which never really got cold or even cool for that matter. I just decided I would eat in the morning when I was getting back on the road. The toilet had a thick ring where the water or whatever had been sitting, there was 3 giant water bugs in my bathroom, the mirror had scratches all over it, the faucets were backwards, the hot on the cold side the cold on the hot side exact opposite of the shower. The spread had holes in it and had a musty smell like t hadn't been changed in a while. The wifi wasn't a stable line it would be good then kick me off to the point I put my laptop back in the trunk. So all in all I will never stay at another Knights Inn. I'm sending a copy of this review to their corp. office also. Take my advice go down the street a little farther to the budget inn their rooms are great and they are very nice and friendly. They need to get some else to work behind the desk that can communicate with the customers and not have such a bad attitude when being told there are problems with the room, made me feel like he thought I was lying. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly S
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Sorry to say you comments are not acceptable. Please you should let us know when your in property. As you say I can believe some issues but not all you said sorry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The outside of the building looks older and somewhat run down and we had wondered if we wanted to stay there.
The lobby was clean, so we checked in. Our room was so clean, you could still feel the furniture polish on the bedside tables. The bathroom fixtures were older and somewhat shabby, but very clean.
The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. We will probably stay there again on our return trip home.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Great I do appreciate your comments see you again
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This was literally a "I couldn't drive another mile" stop. It was well lit with easy access for my moving truck and trailer, at 4 am I couldn't ask for much more. The rate came in under $50 for two adults, a child and a dog so that was nice as well. The rooms were a pleasant surprise, fresh smelling and clean, so so on the amenities. The room had a microwave, refrigerator & Direct TV which I didn't use, but appreciated and screaming wifi! For the money this place was pretty much perfect.

Room Tip: 107 was clean and quiet, couldn't get the phone to work though. Breakfast is just coffee,!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mohan D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was a no-frills stop having left Orange County at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday heading east...$44 bucks out the door, a clean bed and room, but the bathtub was disgusting--needs replacing as the porcelain/ceramic has been chipped down to the metal. So dangerous. The flood lights of the parking lot are on all night and the state highway and local police park in the lot--an every night thing since it is a border town with Arizona. And yes, there are trains during the night. As of February, the owner said there is no more continental breakfast, just coffee from an old coffeemaker with little flavored milk containers. I read gustav2011 getting a $26 rate...that should have been my rate--the only water I ran was to flush the toilet a couple times, brush my teeth, and used a wash cloth to wash my face. The owner was very nice and we chatted a bit about the headlines and local stuff; he is saving money where he can and doing just what is necessary to be a Knights Inn--that is the economy. Just a note, whatever you do, don't gas up in California...check online sources for gasoline prices in Arizona before crossing east or west. You'll save money, especially if you have a big tank.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MeMeDaVinci
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 3 January 2013

There isn't a lot in Needles but you do have a few motel/hotel choices. We were in need of a home base for a few nights while we hiked and drove Route 66. I was able to get this motel for $26 a night including taxes/fees which made it under $80 for 3 nights. The best way to sum up might be as follows:

The Good
Friendly manager that provided helpful information on restaurants, best gas rates etc.
The rooms are very clean and are cleaned thoroughly daily.
There is a large refrigerator and microwave in each room.
Each room has an LCD TV with about 200 channels to surf.

The Bad
The place is really outdated. My husband noted you could literally see every renovation ever done. Paint all over, cabinets painted over multiple times etc.
The door to our bathroom didn't close properly and the toilet paper roll was hanging by a screw.
Linens are clean but very thin. They weren't accommodating providing extras.
We returned one day while there was a little daylight left and noticed a big hole in the side of the building, covered with a big board. Not exactly inviting. Probably why it is an impulse stopover at night.
The parking lot is very small and square so you may be awakened by late night arrivals. Most people weren't courteous turning off their lights as they pulled in or avoiding loud talking.
You can hear noise from other rooms.

The Ugly
There is a train track running parallel to the property. There are several trains a night, often multiple an hour. They are very loud, create shaking etc. This is the closest Inn to the tracks so no doubt it is the loudest.

All in all we'd stay again for the price point. We were never in the room except to shower and sleep and it did feel safe. It is a 1.5 rated property and they do include some type of continental breakfast - coffee, doughnut and fruit (we never attended). There is a Best Western that is down the road that has higher ratings and a set-up that includes a linear parking lot that might limit some of the noise with cars and people but their rate is in the $90s per night. We weren't willing to pay over 3 times as much for the limited upgrade.

Room Tip: bottom floor
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gustav2011
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed here just one night while driving to Grand Canyon.
The staff is very helpful.
Room was clean.
Breakfast options (doughnuts and fruits) were sufficient.
If you are a very light sleeper the rail tracks near by may affect you. I guess it would be true for all other facilities in the vicinity.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
KnightsInn_needles, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thanks you very much and appreciated your stay with us
Wish you a happy new year and god bless you
Grenoble, France
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We came arrived here without reservations an hour after midnight - it was just off highway 40. We woke the manager who even managed a joke and gave
us a clean, comfortable room with two large beds for $50. It was ideal for an impromptu overnight stay but, of course, simple. Free breakfast was unpretentious (coffee, banana and choice of donuts) - a new definition of the adjective 'continental' , but welcome and friendly. Great view from the window in the morning. Would definitely use as a quick stopover in the area (but next time I might book in advance, we had the last room).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thanks you very much and appreciated your stay with us
Wish you a happy new year and god bless you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,730 reviews
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles

Been to Red Roof Inn Needles? Share your experiences!