“Okay, but wouldn't recommend it”

Red Roof Inn Needles
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Needles
New Hampshire
“Okay, but wouldn't recommend it”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When we were getting settled into the room, we noticed that there was only one bath towel for my wife and I. We went to the desk to ask for a second one. The older gentleman at the desk said there should be two in the room. We told him again that there was only one and we needed another. “Then someone took one” We felt like we were being accused of taking one of their cheap towels. We told him that we just arrived and only found the one towel then left the office. Eventually, another gentleman brought another towel to the room. The room was worn and the bathroom door wouldn’t latch. The wifi wasn't stable. Good for a couple minutes and then gone. I finally gave up on attempts to use it. We arrived late and were only there long enough to sleep for the night so I chose to not try to make the effort to communicate with the older gentleman about it. The bed was comfortable. Having a fridge & microwave was good since we had leftovers from dinner and knew that the hotel did not provide breakfast. We stayed here for free with Wyndham rewards points so I cannot complain too much, only say that I am glad I did not pay for the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill C
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your time . We are under coffee only program. I did come to your room give towel and show how to use WIFI. please talk to manager before you leave property writing review help full . but talking is solve problem.
prasad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
SUN PRAIRIE
Reviewed 28 February 2014

As with the previous review, the older desk clerk was very hard to understand and also said he couldn't give me a receipt. I booked online thru Wyndham rewards. This happened last year as well. There is no breakfast offered. Coffee was said to be available after 7am in the lobby. No coffee machine in the room, but there was a refrigerator. Room seemed to be clean but very worn, carpeting, shower, etc... The night I stayed a single room was less than $30, so I didn't expect much, hence the average rating. Someone expecting a modern room would be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for time & review. We will respect your review I will make Shure it will be taken care.
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The desk clerk did not speak very good English at all. He couldn't give me a copy of the actual amount I was charged on my credit card. He said that Choice would charge me and send him the amounts. I did receive a yellow copy of the form I filled out to stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thanks for your time and review. please us next time call me to get your 25% from me
prasad
Novato, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Bathroom was filthy and toilet was broken and spraying water from the tank. My husband fixed it. Room was billed as having refrigerator and microwave but neither was present. We checked mattress for bedbugs. Didn't see any but we're not experts. Owner was very friendly. Too bad his motel wasn't.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Susan S
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Sorry for the in convince I was personally their to fix it . It was nothing wrong as per you . we offered deferent room you said no. also we did not charge for microwave or fridge. You never said you need one. thanks for your review.
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is an older motel; the signs from its days as the Needles Inn are still on the doors. The rooms are small but equipped with a refrigerator. The paint job in the bathroom was sloppy and did nothing to create a positive impression. There is no in-room coffee. We had trouble with the TV remote, and a person from the office got it working for the evening. I could have used a better pillow or at least an additional one, but otherwise the bed was comfortable. And the place was reasonably quiet given the fact that the trains run a couple of hundred yards away. (Keeping the fan on helped.) The staff was friendly and eager to please.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SherwoodG
Thanks for your review please see us again do not for get your 20% discount.
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the Knights Inn for the 2013 Laughlin Regatta Run.

We booked the Knights Inn at the last minute and were very skeptical about staying in a Motel period, since we are used to at least a 3 Star Hotel.

But I must say that the Customer Service and attentiveness of the staff was like staying at a 4 Star Hotel.

The rooms were clean and definitely had the amenities of a 2.5 Star Hotel.

Would definitely recommend this Motel to anyone who is looking for a good price and a comfortable stay.

Thank you for your Hospitality.

Mike Delaney

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thanks for your review will see you again please call us for your needs in Needles
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was tired and the motel didn't look very busy only a few cars in the parking lot. When I went into the office there was an older east indian man behind the counter I asked room rates and couldn't understand what he was saying. I went head and took the room for 45.00 for 1 person. After the paperwork was done I tried asking a few more questions, and when I couldn't comprehend what he was trying to tell me he started acting a little mad so I walked out. When I entered the room it had a smell of damp wet carpet and the phone wouldn't work when I tried calling for Pizza delivery. So I went back to the office to ask about the smell and the phone, when I walked out of my room there were 3 police officers going into the room upstairs on the end. I was thinking that I might have made a mistake stopping here, I prayed I would be safe. So the older man was very short with me and kept saying no smell no smell, and dial 9 phone good. So by this time I just gave up and went back to my room, turned on the air which never really got cold or even cool for that matter. I just decided I would eat in the morning when I was getting back on the road. The toilet had a thick ring where the water or whatever had been sitting, there was 3 giant water bugs in my bathroom, the mirror had scratches all over it, the faucets were backwards, the hot on the cold side the cold on the hot side exact opposite of the shower. The spread had holes in it and had a musty smell like t hadn't been changed in a while. The wifi wasn't a stable line it would be good then kick me off to the point I put my laptop back in the trunk. So all in all I will never stay at another Knights Inn. I'm sending a copy of this review to their corp. office also. Take my advice go down the street a little farther to the budget inn their rooms are great and they are very nice and friendly. They need to get some else to work behind the desk that can communicate with the customers and not have such a bad attitude when being told there are problems with the room, made me feel like he thought I was lying. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly S
Sorry to say you comments are not acceptable. Please you should let us know when your in property. As you say I can believe some issues but not all you said sorry.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,737 reviews
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles

Been to Red Roof Inn Needles? Share your experiences!