“I Live at the Knights Inn... needles and i love it here.”

Red Roof Inn Needles
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hi My name is Billy and i live at the Knights Inn... Needles California... Oct, 2012. I was reading the comments. and I just had to say something about this place... I came here to visit my God son. i rented a room at the knights Inn. and I have never left. now i am involved with the community and my church and I love it here. i would not live anywhere else because of the management and the hotel itself. It is clean and the price is great. Coffee and Continental breakfast in the mornings and if i need anything management makes sure i get it. i have a microwave oven and refrigerator and air-conditioning and heating.. My bed linens are always clean. and my toilet necessities are provided for me. Clean towels, soap, shampoo, as well... I live at the end. and even though the rail road is 200 yards away. I do not hear it because the rooms are plaster walls and it is pretty quiet... I have a Flat screen TV. with cable stations more then i need, and internet. i have noticed other places around town and it is not the total package the Knights Inn has to offer. The price and everything that comes with the room. It cannot be beat... I give the Knights Inn 5 stars out of 5 stars. and It is well worth the value. Management will make sure you are happy... Oh By the way I have noticed some of the reviews. and the people who say its disgusting. well. they are just flat out wrong wrong wrong. and its funny they complained. yet they have been here several times...I know who they are because they also complained to me in the parking lot... they have changed there minds... loll And no one fixes the hotel... only the maintenance man fixes the hotel, if by any chance you don't like the room management will move you to another room if there is one available. the place fills up. and again if it is so bad why do people live here all year long like myself? and why do people come back???? think about that........ so if it is so bad..... why do they come back? loll . This is a good place ... good management... and good neighbors... AND NO ONE HAS PAID ME TO SAY THIS... I SAY THIS BECAUSE IT IS THE TRUTH!!!!! i have been here November 2012. And i do not plan on moving anytime soon. this is a great place. however... loll It gets hot here but the air-conditioning works great and you will be comfortable. Management will make sure of that. Also there is an ice machine and vending machine. and across the parking lot is a great restaurant and also across the street. If you are a big rig driver. there is a lot of room in front and on the north side to park your truck safely. No one bothers anything around here. management has cameras for security and the place is well lit at night. So everything you will need is right here. have a happy vacation and travel safe...
Billy... Knights Inn... Needles California.

Room Tip: All the rooms come with a TV. Internet, refrigerator, microwave oven, Ice machine next to office/lob...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Mr. Billy Thanks for your time talking from your heart. We do rent 11000 rooms per year / 30 rooms a day. Only support of staff. Some time mistakes happened but we do care. I do appreciate your time and caring about knights inn.
Prasad

Reviewed 20 May 2014

People rent hotel rooms so they can sleep comfortably, even if it rains or is extremely hot. Needles, California is a very hot place. It's in the Mojave Desert and is usually well over 100 degrees all summer. It was a cool 96 today, May 19, 2014.

This hotel meets all the requirements (keeping you comfortable in rain or heat, etc.) The room was clean, had WiFi, microwave, fridge, etc. It was well used and a bit tired, but it served its purpose and the price is considerably cheaper than most. We liked this hotel. However, there was one thing we didn't like: the sound of the trains. The tracks are about a hundred yards away and across the road.

The train sounds really wasn't much of a bother, though, because it was mostly drowned out by the sound of the air conditioner which ran all night long due to the heat. I've stayed in more expensive hotels that also had loud trains or other loud noises like a fire siren in the middle of the night calling the volunteers to a fire. That was disturbing! But I'm serious in saying the air conditioner made enough "white noise" to obscure the train sounds. My wife and I live in the San Joaquin valley and are accustomed to air conditioner sounds as well as trains.

I don't think I'd recommend this hotel in cooler months when the air conditioner isn't needed, but in May, it was quite pleasant to be able to cover the train sounds. This is definitely a hotel for travelers looking for a place to spend the night and move on in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank richansen53
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thanks for your time reviewing US.
Your feedback helps us to work on issues.
Please make sure your get your special discount on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

When we were getting settled into the room, we noticed that there was only one bath towel for my wife and I. We went to the desk to ask for a second one. The older gentleman at the desk said there should be two in the room. We told him again that there was only one and we needed another. “Then someone took one” We felt like we were being accused of taking one of their cheap towels. We told him that we just arrived and only found the one towel then left the office. Eventually, another gentleman brought another towel to the room. The room was worn and the bathroom door wouldn’t latch. The wifi wasn't stable. Good for a couple minutes and then gone. I finally gave up on attempts to use it. We arrived late and were only there long enough to sleep for the night so I chose to not try to make the effort to communicate with the older gentleman about it. The bed was comfortable. Having a fridge & microwave was good since we had leftovers from dinner and knew that the hotel did not provide breakfast. We stayed here for free with Wyndham rewards points so I cannot complain too much, only say that I am glad I did not pay for the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill C
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your time . We are under coffee only program. I did come to your room give towel and show how to use WIFI. please talk to manager before you leave property writing review help full . but talking is solve problem.
prasad

Reviewed 28 February 2014

As with the previous review, the older desk clerk was very hard to understand and also said he couldn't give me a receipt. I booked online thru Wyndham rewards. This happened last year as well. There is no breakfast offered. Coffee was said to be available after 7am in the lobby. No coffee machine in the room, but there was a refrigerator. Room seemed to be clean but very worn, carpeting, shower, etc... The night I stayed a single room was less than $30, so I didn't expect much, hence the average rating. Someone expecting a modern room would be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for time & review. We will respect your review I will make Shure it will be taken care.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The desk clerk did not speak very good English at all. He couldn't give me a copy of the actual amount I was charged on my credit card. He said that Choice would charge me and send him the amounts. I did receive a yellow copy of the form I filled out to stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thanks for your time and review. please us next time call me to get your 25% from me
prasad

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Bathroom was filthy and toilet was broken and spraying water from the tank. My husband fixed it. Room was billed as having refrigerator and microwave but neither was present. We checked mattress for bedbugs. Didn't see any but we're not experts. Owner was very friendly. Too bad his motel wasn't.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan S
Manager_Knightsinn, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Sorry for the in convince I was personally their to fix it . It was nothing wrong as per you . we offered deferent room you said no. also we did not charge for microwave or fridge. You never said you need one. thanks for your review.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is an older motel; the signs from its days as the Needles Inn are still on the doors. The rooms are small but equipped with a refrigerator. The paint job in the bathroom was sloppy and did nothing to create a positive impression. There is no in-room coffee. We had trouble with the TV remote, and a person from the office got it working for the evening. I could have used a better pillow or at least an additional one, but otherwise the bed was comfortable. And the place was reasonably quiet given the fact that the trains run a couple of hundred yards away. (Keeping the fan on helped.) The staff was friendly and eager to please.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SherwoodG

Thanks for your review please see us again do not for get your 20% discount.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
#8 of 13 in Needles
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 13 in Needles

Been to Red Roof Inn Needles? Share your experiences!